Editing stories waiting for review

last reply
1 reply
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes, after I submitted a story, I discover an error in it, I'd love to correct before the story appears on the homepage. That however is not possible. I have to wait for the story to be reviewed first. If I'm lucky, the moderator spots the error and rejects the story, or better still, corrects it (they sometimes do, I love them). But if they don't:
- my story appears on the homepage containing errors
- editing it results in the story temporariley disappearing again
- the moderators have to review the story again.

Is it possible, to allow editing a submitted story still waiting to be reviewed? It would help prevent faulty stories being published and it would probably save the moderators from reviewing the same story twice, just because of a typo I've made. It might involve adding a status "under review", indicating editing is no longer possible, but I think overall it would be an improvement.
If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree. There have been several times I actually hoped to be rejected just to fix a couple mistakes I had made or make a revision I though I already had but didn't. Being able to make that one last edit before it's reviewed would be a great thing.
I give. I'll make a better signature when I finally categorized those billion thoughts.