Login

mobile instant messaging...

last reply
6 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
I have noticed that on my movile device that not only is it difficult to reply to, i have to hit the reply button twelve times before being able to type up the message, but i have been told i accidentally send multiple messages when i am on my phone.

I find it an annoying and wonder if something could be done to fix it.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
It could be your browser. You're using a Kindle, right? I've found that the default browser is quite crappy. Chrome is decent, but takes up a lot of system resources and can slow everything right down. UC Browser is the one I use and I've found it pretty great, but the downside is that when IMing folk, you have to go to their profile page to reply to them, which is a little inconvenient. Opera mini is good, but you have to manually refresh the page because it doesn't have Java, so it is a pain.

Of course, I could be talking from a hole in my head, and it could be a site issue, God knows, I ain't a network tech, but it is worth looking into another browser to see what works.
Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^=
0 likes
That's the thing though. It isn't my kindle. That is almost completely fine other then it stutters from time to time. It is only with my cellphone.
0 likes
I think I wasn't clear enough. So let me rephrase this. It seems to me that when i am on this site when using my phone i tend to accidentally send mulitple messages when i only hit enter once. And that it is really hard to reply to messages because it won't let me answer them when i hit reply twenty times. However on my kindle it is completely fine.

And i noticed when some others were using their phones they sent multiple messages too and probably don't realize it.

It isn't the browser i am using, because i have already been using task manager to stop it from using all of my memory. And it isn't all mobile devices because tablets are fine it is just cellphones.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I understood perfectly what you meant. Obviously the site isn't optimised for mobile. Tablets can handle it better because they have more memory and a bigger screen. I honestly think it's a case of incompatibility, which is why I suggested looking for a browser - a lightweight one, which uses fewer system resources - which can handle instant messages. Not knowing what make and model your phone is (which doesn't seem all that important, I know, but certain phones are just incompatible bricks), I can't give you specific advice, but generally, when something is taking a long time to process, it is either your CPU or your memory being slow. You've just gotta work out what's making it freeze and combat it, somehow. A good idea would be to see if it is doing the same on other sites. If it is, then it will definitively be your phone that is the problem.
Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^=
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
How old is your phone?

With my old phone (which I had for at least 2 years) the same thing would happen. Now I have a galaxy S4 and it hasn't happened since.
Toying with a story idea loosely based on Dracula's origins from Dracula 2000.

so far I'm liking what I am thinking.