Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What are you listening to right now? Options · View
Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Sunday, September 7, 2014 12:35:13 AM
Colors_of_the_Wind

Hero is a gorgeous song. It's actually the only Enrique Iglesias song I know. This one however, is always on my mind. The first time I heard it, it made me cry. The first time I watched it, it made me bawl my eyes out. Every time I hear it now, all I see is "Alyssa" mouthing Let Me Out near the end. It will never leave you. It will haunt you. But don't let that scare you- let it motivate you. DO SOMETHING about it.

"Alyssa Lies" by Jason Michael Carroll. The original official music video.

Working on the lore, language and characters of a supernatural novel when I'm not just trying to survive. Also working on a reboot of Tomorrow & a new story called Scarlett Valley that began... as a dream. I can still see, in my mind, the characters and the locations that I'm trying to bring to life for others. It's a bit odd considering I had that dream a year ago now and my memory is usually crap, lol.

Aaaaaand last but not least, if you'd like to use handmade soap but perhaps have an allergy to coconut oil or prefer not to use products with palm in them, look no further! I make products that will always be made coconut and palm free - most are vegetarian as well and some are vegan, though I am not a veggie or vegan company. If you'd like to know more about why that is or just more about the brand itself, shoot me a message and I'll try to reply as quickly as possible!
The Wandering Squirrel

As always, kindness is free, so please consider that when replying to someone rather than the alternatives. You never know what's going on in their life that you may not see. Love, Light & Blessed Be, friends.
aussie_kitty77
Posted: Sunday, September 7, 2014 3:56:09 PM
aussie_kitty77

Black widow by Iggy Azalea

Circle_Something
Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:47:04 PM
Circle_Something

The quiet whirr of my laptop, as I try to figure out if I want to write or sleep.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^=

meredith
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 9:43:31 AM
meredith

The weather playing on the TV in the living room.

"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"

sinful
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:17:07 PM
sinful

Serenity by: Godsmack

aussie_kitty77
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:43:28 PM
aussie_kitty77

The Rain outside

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 9:39:56 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

"It's a f***ed up world that we live in..."

Working on the lore, language and characters of a supernatural novel when I'm not just trying to survive. Also working on a reboot of Tomorrow & a new story called Scarlett Valley that began... as a dream. I can still see, in my mind, the characters and the locations that I'm trying to bring to life for others. It's a bit odd considering I had that dream a year ago now and my memory is usually crap, lol.

Aaaaaand last but not least, if you'd like to use handmade soap but perhaps have an allergy to coconut oil or prefer not to use products with palm in them, look no further! I make products that will always be made coconut and palm free - most are vegetarian as well and some are vegan, though I am not a veggie or vegan company. If you'd like to know more about why that is or just more about the brand itself, shoot me a message and I'll try to reply as quickly as possible!
The Wandering Squirrel

As always, kindness is free, so please consider that when replying to someone rather than the alternatives. You never know what's going on in their life that you may not see. Love, Light & Blessed Be, friends.
sinful
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:15:25 PM
sinful

Serenity by: Godsmack

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:18:39 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

The Wandering Squirrel

Circle_Something
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 2:30:12 PM
Circle_Something

I believe I've posted this a few times, but it merits posting again. I've seen this band live a few times and they toured with Limp Bizkit. Bunch of good guys... Well, their drummer is, at least. I used to work with the drummer, and I don't know the rest of them to say one way or the other, but they make good music, anyway.

=^.^=

sinful
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 2:45:47 PM
sinful

Listening to NCIS on TV

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 12:04:01 AM
Colors_of_the_Wind

The Wandering Squirrel

aussie_kitty77
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 2:26:07 PM
aussie_kitty77

Cherish - Madonna

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:30:21 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

this suffering brings me closer to you
and time is broken and moves slow
your pure heart, your white light
i should be put to death for ever being cruel to you
you washed me clean like no one ever could
come closer now and step right into
the wide mouth, the sharp teeth of the one you love
i'm not the kind of sick that you can fix
don't you worry about me baby
i've got no enemies and i've got no time
the song, we carry on
even though you pushed us down
we carry on
when you try to blind my eyes i can see tenfold
it's nothing that my heart can't take, 'cause your hate has made me strong
and stronger men than you have tried to break me
stronger men than you have tried to break me
leaning toward the golden days
forget about the older days
and everything we left behind
to stand here in another life
we carry on, even though you held us down
we carry on, with the song
we carry on, even though you pushed us down
we carry on

The Wandering Squirrel

peterm306
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:57:52 PM
peterm306

Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:39:13 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

Philena's playlist. Yes, Philena has a YouTube. It is so I can get into whatever kind of character I need to depending on what kind of story I am writing about her.
Don't judge me. Y'all are writers too.

This particular playlist includes:

Alyssa Lies by John Michael Carroll
Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Hell Is For Children by Pat Benatar
Sarah Yellin' by 3 Doors Down
Concrete Angel by Martina McBride
Dark Enough by Amanda Lopiccolo
Snow White Queen by Evanescence
I Know Where You Sleep by Emilie Autumn
and
Goodbye, I'm Sorry by Jamestown Story

The Wandering Squirrel

Circle_Something
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:31:07 AM
Circle_Something

Aria!

=^.^=

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:44:54 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

This is sooooo my character's song right now. Philena... oi, Philena.

The Wandering Squirrel

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2014 1:35:22 AM
Colors_of_the_Wind

No, I don't feel like this. Just so's y'all know. I have before, but not tonight. I just ran across this while listening to other things.

Depression and Suicide Awareness y'all. It's not a joke.

The Wandering Squirrel

Circle_Something
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2014 1:54:12 AM
Circle_Something

=^.^=

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:46:41 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

I think everyone should listen to this: (Embed is disabled)

Dare to be Different by Rachael Lynn (Anti-Bullying Song and Video)

The Wandering Squirrel

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:53:42 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

The Wandering Squirrel

Circle_Something
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:27:34 PM
Circle_Something

A bunch of banter and myself being silly.

=^.^=

maryruth
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:41:26 PM
maryruth

The wind and rain
sinful
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:25:42 PM
sinful

To many thoughts going through my head

sinful
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:41:15 PM
sinful

Herby Fully Loaded lol love that movie :)

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Sunday, November 2, 2014 8:59:24 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

Slowly Freaking Out
by Skylar Grey

Every day is
One more inch of
A slow blade sinkin’ in
Mm
Vision fading
Suffocating
Inside my own skin

And I’m fighting a stranger in my eyes
And I know that only one of us will survive
If I can’t save us, I’ve got to save myself.

(Chorus)
I, I can’t stay
Here in this place
Slowly freaking out
I’m slowly freaking out
I, I can’t breathe
You’re a disease
I’m slowly freaking out
I’m slowly freaking out
And out, and out, again

Enigmatic,
Stuck like static
This feeling I can’t shake
Uh
But just remember
That I warned you
My will can never break.

And I’m fighting a stranger in my eyes
And I know that only one of us will survive
If I can’t save us, I’ve got to save myself.

(Chorus)
I, I can’t stay
Here in this place
Slowly freaking out
I’m slowly freaking out
I, I can’t breathe
You’re a disease
I’m slowly freaking out
I’m slowly freaking out

I can’t stay
In this place
I can’t breathe
I, I can’t breathe
You’re a disease
I’m slowly freaking out
I’m slowly freaking out
And out, and out, again

The Wandering Squirrel

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Sunday, November 2, 2014 10:27:31 PM
Colors_of_the_Wind

Wow.
Really. Just... wow.

Made me cry. Holy cow. You must listen.

The Wandering Squirrel

maryruth
Posted: Monday, November 3, 2014 9:58:42 PM
maryruth

the birds singing always music
maryruth
Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 6:17:47 PM
maryruth

SILENCE