2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
hi there how to group lines in the story
Lurker
0 likes
sorry i was in hurry to publish...but i got it. i wanted to publish a poem, but i wasn't able to group them, so i posted here. Now i got it. though thanks for the reply, i really appreciate it.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Ah, I see. Here's some good advice (for those who don't know): don't use Google Chrome to post poems. It messes with your formatting. I use an old version of Opera before they switched to the Chromium engine. You need to make sure it is formatted in single line spacing. Chromium engine browsers use 1.5 spacing. No good for poems. You can use the clear formatting tool here, but it doesn't always work.
Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^=
Lurker
0 likes
hmm that really a good suggestion, and i am suffered many times..thanks dude
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Circle_Something
Ah, I see. Here's some good advice (for those who don't know): don't use Google Chrome to post poems.

I have been using Chrome since I started on this site, without a problem...not sure I understand anything you said there btw...

How does the browser affect line spacing, if you're copying from MS Word, or whatever? It seems to me that the line spacing is whatever you have set in your word processor, and has nothing to do with your choice of browser...

On a somewhat related note...I know the default settings in MS Word always add extra spacing, and a space between paragraphs...the first thing I do when I open a new word doc, is to go to the spacing thingy, and move the check mark from 1.15 to 1.0, and then uncheck where it says "Add space before paragraph"...

After that, I set my font thingy to Times New Roman 12...give the doc a title, and click "Save"...and continue clicking "Save" after every paragraph from then on btw...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Quote by Circle_Something
Ah, I see. Here's some good advice (for those who don't know): don't use Google Chrome to post poems.

I have been using Chrome since I started on this site, without a problem...not sure I understand anything you said there btw...

How does the browser affect line spacing, if you're copying from MS Word, or whatever? It seems to me that the line spacing is whatever you have set in your word processor, and has nothing to do with your choice of browser...

On a somewhat related note...I know the default settings in MS Word always add extra spacing, and a space between paragraphs...the first thing I do when I open a new word doc, is to go to the spacing thingy, and move the check mark from 1.15 to 1.0, and then uncheck where it says "Add space before paragraph"...

After that, I set my font thingy to Times New Roman 12...give the doc a title, and click "Save"...and continue clicking "Save" after every paragraph from then on btw...

I don't use MS Word, so maybe there's a wee discrepancy between my word processing program and browser. I know that any chromium based browsers I've used, bugger up the line spacing. Perhaps I should look at my word processing program. I use AbiWord btw.
Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^=