Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

submitting a story? Options · View
drussell52
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:42:56 AM

Hello Forum:
I use screen reading software as a visually impaired computer user, and press enter on links to go various places on the computer.
When going to flash fiction, pressing enter on either random stories or submit stories, there are no links or fields indicated by the software I use but all sounds blank.
Where can I find a step by step on how or where to submit a flash fiction story?
Thank you in advance.
David
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:19:36 AM

Welcome to Stories Space, and thanks for your question.

I've asked our administrator, Sherzahd, to get in touch with you with an answer because, to be frank, I myself don't know how it's done.

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
drussell52
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:34:12 AM

Magnificent1, Thank you and I will keep an ear out for the admin's reply. I hope to participate!
SamLucille
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:18:07 AM

I find a step by step on how or where to submit a flash fiction story.
MrBillyD
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 7:39:08 AM

I've just joined this website and I find it just too difficult to work with. I'm not going to leave the website, but I see no reason to stay.
Survivor
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2015 9:56:03 AM

MrBillyD wrote:
I've just joined this website and I find it just too difficult to work with. I'm not going to leave the website, but I see no reason to stay.

I find this hard to believe. This is one of the easiest sites on the internet. If you have specific problems never hesitate to ask. The admins and mods are ever so helpful, as are the other members of the site.
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2015 12:32:05 PM

MrBillyD wrote:

Well why is it difficult? Besides it is a rather small site compared to others it is a lot more easy going then other writing sites.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
DirtyMartini
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2015 2:06:55 PM

LarryFNigh wrote:

I find this hard to believe. This is one of the easiest sites on the internet. If you have specific problems never hesitate to ask. The admins and mods are ever so helpful, as are the other members of the site.

I think it's pretty easy as well...if you click on the "Submit Story" button on the upper left, you should see something like this...note that there are five mandatory fields...

And yeah, if anyone has any questions, feel free to post them here...it is really pretty simple...

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Fredrock
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:56:46 AM

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get a story approved? I submitted on on 8-27 and it's still in limbo. Sorry to sound impatient and no rush, just curious. Thanks.
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 1:46:12 PM

Fredrock wrote:
Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get a story approved? I submitted on on 8-27 and it's still in limbo. Sorry to sound impatient and no rush, just curious. Thanks.

Well, back int he dark ages (four years ago) it could have been between an hour and a whole week. Now because of the increase of mods, just one or two days. Or at lest it should be I haven't posted anything in a while... It should be up within the next day or so, if not contact one of the mods for help.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:14:03 PM

Fredrock wrote:

Patience is a virtue. Some sites can take a week to ten days!

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Queen23
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 7:36:07 AM

I had a story rejected because I used to many ellipsis.. I am new to writing and I have no clue what that means can someone please help me

Live today like it is your last day and love yourself
Survivor
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 9:40:14 AM

Queen23 wrote:
I had a story rejected because I used to many ellipsis.. I am new to writing and I have no clue what that means can someone please help me

An ellipsis is when you leave out a word or words and then fill the gap with dots. You did it in your sentence above... I just did the same (I left out the word 'and'). Really, using ellipses is seldom necessary and it does show a certain lack of experience in writing. All you have to do is just make sure you really need that set of dots. If you do then it is always three dots.