Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What is on your mind? Options · View
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:37:39 PM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
Told not to come into work, too much snow!

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 6:10:32 AM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
toothy2
Think I saw some lightening, I wonder if it will rain?

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 8:38:42 PM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
My teeth ae chattering really fast and i cant stop.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
paulus
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 1:47:16 PM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
At the moment, I'm trying to make friends without Facebook, so I go out on the street every day and shout, what I've cooked, what I've eaten, how I feel, what I'm doing and where I am. And I grab hold of everyone I meet and yell: "I like you!".

By now, I've got 6 followers: 2 cops, a doctor, 2 nurses and a psychiater.


If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
rolandlytle
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:02:28 PM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru
Moderator

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,699
Location: Chicago area, United States
paulus wrote:
At the moment, I'm trying to make friends without Facebook, so I go out on the street every day and shout, what I've cooked, what I've eaten, how I feel, what I'm doing and where I am. And I grab hold of everyone I meet and yell: "I like you!".

By now, I've got 6 followers: 2 cops, a doctor, 2 nurses and a psychiater.


You are so lucky. All I got was slapped and sued.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Circle_Something
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:48:04 PM
Circle_Something
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 8/11/2012
Posts: 1,965
Location: Glasgow-ish
I'm just thinking that I've had quite a gay day. Not just in terms of being happy, but also the other way. Not me, personally, but I went to my friends house, drank some beer, had a laugh and watched Queer as Folk. Then watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Great film, funny and poignant all at the same time. I'm also happy because, well, I have friends and I also have my Kitten. The little things matter. Having a beer, a giggle and a laugh with my friend always makes me see that and makes me happy to be alive. Having Aria? That's the icing on the cupcake. I just want to hug her right now.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

maryruth
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:44:49 PM
maryruth
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/3/2014
Posts: 736
Many people will walk in and out of your life; only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2015 7:29:40 AM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
I feel pretty today!

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
paulus
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:04:49 AM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Do I have enough wallpaper?

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 8:53:13 AM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
Had a dream where I was warning my friends of a certain danger... but I forgot what it was.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2015 11:28:49 AM
Dreamcatcher
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,110
Location: Only my friends know...
I just made a fresh loaf of bread for my daughter.. do I slice a piece off or not before I give it to her?

gypsy
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2015 11:30:50 AM
gypsy
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 10/13/2010
Posts: 1,861
Dreamcatcher wrote:
I just made a fresh loaf of bread for my daughter.. do I slice a piece off or not before I give it to her?


Yes, you do.

Just because.



The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius



snoop
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2015 12:05:39 PM
snoop
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/29/2012
Posts: 1,726
Location: Piedmont, United States
paulus
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2015 7:37:49 AM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Bummer! I want to score and comment on LarryFNigh's work, because I really like it, but for some reason, I can't.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
rolandlytle
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2015 4:46:43 PM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru
Moderator

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,699
Location: Chicago area, United States
paulus wrote:
Bummer! I want to score and comment on LarryFNigh's work, because I really like it, but for some reason, I can't.


I am so glad I could help get this taken care of. I feel almost useful for a change. It has been a while since I felt useful.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
paulus
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2015 4:55:49 PM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
rolandlytle wrote:
paulus wrote:
Bummer! I want to score and comment on LarryFNigh's work, because I really like it, but for some reason, I can't.


I am so glad I could help get this taken care of. I feel almost useful for a change. It has been a while since I felt useful.
Thanks again Roland. I owe you one.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Circle_Something
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:26:41 AM
Circle_Something
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 8/11/2012
Posts: 1,965
Location: Glasgow-ish
Right, so I write a poem, designed to make people cry. What happens? The buggers laugh. Why? Do you not get that there's a poignancy to death, and to the poem? The man is in the ground for goodness sake! Yeah, it's absurd, but that doesn't mean that absurd can't be poignant. I do write absurd and silly things, but not all the time. Sometimes I am being serious, and I'd really like people to stop trying to fit me into a genre. I'm not funny. Not intentionally. Sometimes my poems and stories take a bit of interpretation, so maybe bear that in mind next time you read something of mine.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

paulus
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:03:39 AM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Circle_Something wrote:
Right, so I write a poem, designed to make people cry. What happens? The buggers laugh. Why? Do you not get that there's a poignancy to death, and to the poem? The man is in the ground for goodness sake! Yeah, it's absurd, but that doesn't mean that absurd can't be poignant. I do write absurd and silly things, but not all the time. Sometimes I am being serious, and I'd really like people to stop trying to fit me into a genre. I'm not funny. Not intentionally. Sometimes my poems and stories take a bit of interpretation, so maybe bear that in mind next time you read something of mine.
I am really sorry Andrew, but the smile it gave me, wasn't because of what you said with that poem, because I did take that seriously. Still, I can't help enjoying the way you describe even the most serious things, hence the smile.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Circle_Something
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:17:22 AM
Circle_Something
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 8/11/2012
Posts: 1,965
Location: Glasgow-ish
paulus wrote:
Circle_Something wrote:
Right, so I write a poem, designed to make people cry. What happens? The buggers laugh. Why? Do you not get that there's a poignancy to death, and to the poem? The man is in the ground for goodness sake! Yeah, it's absurd, but that doesn't mean that absurd can't be poignant. I do write absurd and silly things, but not all the time. Sometimes I am being serious, and I'd really like people to stop trying to fit me into a genre. I'm not funny. Not intentionally. Sometimes my poems and stories take a bit of interpretation, so maybe bear that in mind next time you read something of mine.
I am really sorry Andrew, but the smile it gave me, wasn't because of what you said with that poem, because I did take that seriously. Still, I can't help enjoying the way you describe even the most serious things, hence the smile.


Well, perhaps I misconstrued your comment. Sorry about that.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

paulus
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2015 6:17:16 PM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Hey Shotgun011, if you ask someone a question, it's rather rude to block him. That makes it hard to answer the question, but it's the Big or the Mighty Deuce. You also denied me the chance to apologize for my mistake, because you were right. I did calculate the age of the ship wrong, she was launched in '74, and 2007 minus 1974 isn't 43 but 33. But since when is a calculation error a reason to block someone? I scored your story a five, can't you handle a little criticism?

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
paulus
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2015 4:32:54 AM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
paulus wrote:
Hey Shotgun011, if you ask someone a question, it's rather rude to block him. That makes it hard to answer the question, but it's the Big or the Mighty Deuce. You also denied me the chance to apologize for my mistake, because you were right. I did calculate the age of the ship wrong, she was launched in '74, and 2007 minus 1974 isn't 43 but 33. But since when is a calculation error a reason to block someone? I scored your story a five, can't you handle a little criticism?

If one mistake is all it takes to be blocked by you, you won't last very long, I'm afraid, because we're all only human here. But know I've returned the favor.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
snoop
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2015 9:27:57 AM
snoop
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/29/2012
Posts: 1,726
Location: Piedmont, United States
Rebellious_Soul wrote:
I feel pretty today!


Your soul / spirit makes you pretty each and every day regardless of how you might be dressed, etc. In fact, you are beyond "pretty" ... you are beautiful to your friends and acquaintances.
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2015 10:35:14 AM
Dreamcatcher
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,110
Location: Only my friends know...
paulus wrote:
paulus wrote:
Hey Shotgun011, if you ask someone a question, it's rather rude to block him. That makes it hard to answer the question, but it's the Big or the Mighty Deuce. You also denied me the chance to apologize for my mistake, because you were right. I did calculate the age of the ship wrong, she was launched in '74, and 2007 minus 1974 isn't 43 but 33. But since when is a calculation error a reason to block someone? I scored your story a five, can't you handle a little criticism?

If one mistake is all it takes to be blocked by you, you won't last very long, I'm afraid, because we're all only human here. But know I've returned the favor.


Hey Paul.. in all of my years online I've never blocked anyone.. how someone else acts doesn't control how I act.. IMHO it is just a precedent I never wanted to set.. besides it appears that his collection of avatars is entirely gender based so you don't stand a chance.. lol..

paulus
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2015 11:10:34 AM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Dreamcatcher wrote:
paulus wrote:
paulus wrote:
Hey Shotgun011, if you ask someone a question, it's rather rude to block him. That makes it hard to answer the question, but it's the Big or the Mighty Deuce. You also denied me the chance to apologize for my mistake, because you were right. I did calculate the age of the ship wrong, she was launched in '74, and 2007 minus 1974 isn't 43 but 33. But since when is a calculation error a reason to block someone? I scored your story a five, can't you handle a little criticism?

If one mistake is all it takes to be blocked by you, you won't last very long, I'm afraid, because we're all only human here. But know I've returned the favor.


Hey Paul.. in all of my years online I've never blocked anyone.. how someone else acts doesn't control how I act.. IMHO it is just a precedent I never wanted to set.. besides it appears that his collection of avatars is entirely gender based so you don't stand a chance.. lol..
Hey Larry,
I'm not opting for a spot on his list, but I do like to be treated fair. People make mistakes, that's only natural. But people that obviously can't deal with that and deny another the chance to rectify his mistakes, are the kind I don't need scoring and commenting my stuff,even if I like their work.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
rolandlytle
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2015 6:05:12 PM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru
Moderator

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,699
Location: Chicago area, United States
I sure wish more people were less thin skinned.

A friend of mine was speaking to me about dog's bollocks. A person neither of us knew stopped as they were passing us. They got upset at our profane language in public. I explained what we were talking about (cheat plug here; read my latest story to find out about dog's bollocks) and they seemed to calm down. I then said "What does it matter, are you the language police?" They began yelling and screaming and I just stood there astonished at the response. My silence seemed to only upset them more. They were red in the face, spittle in the corners of their mouth, and veins almost visibly throbbing mad. I tried to calm them down, be deferential, and apologize, but to no avail. Everything I did seemed to wind them up more. I was not really mad, just embarrassed as everyone was watching in the imminent area. There was only two possible things left for me to do. I could have left, but that is not my style. So I started screwing with their mind. Making little faces, smiling at them, and I even yawned. I thought their head was going to explode. I was a bad boy. Just too thin skinned by far. If they had been a little less thin skinned (not to mention nosey), they would not have been upset and look foolish; and I would not have wound up looking childish. (but honestly is was a bit of fun)

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
gypsy
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2015 12:17:01 PM
gypsy
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 10/13/2010
Posts: 1,861
My loved ones are on my mind, especially those I've been looking after, nursing for the past week, because they are sick.



The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius



Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:03:46 PM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
Is it too much to ask for a little bit of class? I mean I could have been perfectly fine to not see that ever. This is a nice place, really nice people, nothing inappropriate or in any way, shape, or form of the other site.

If I wanted to see stuff like that I would have joined a few years ago. Not everyone is into that, please respect thise people and the people who are UNDERAGE!

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
paulus
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 12:54:03 AM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Got a 1 scored on Eight Hearts without any explanation. No problem with the 1, but I'd like to know why.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 4:06:57 AM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
paulus wrote:
Got a 1 scored on Eight Hearts without any explanation. No problem with the 1, but I'd like to know why.


Trolls I bet. Trust me, some of my stories had fourty votes all 1s 2s and 3s. They dont even read the story, and attack at random. I turned off nonmemeber voting. And they havent plagued me since.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 8:14:00 AM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
... geez a little explaintion can go a long way.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.