Find your next favourite story now
Login

Book cover contest going on over at Authorsdb...and I know ya'll want to vote...

last reply
7 replies
5.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Book cover contest going on over at Authorsdb...and I just know ya'll want to vote for me...give my cover 5 stars, and maybe leave a nice, fat, tasty comment...

Here's the link for those so inclined...

AUTHORSdB - Cover Contest - I Often Wonder: a collection of poetry and prose
http://www.authorsdb.com/book-cover-awards/other/i-often-wonder-a-collection-of-poetry-and-prose-256

It might not be obvious how to vote, but where it says "Image Rating" there is a little green arrow pointing down...click on the arrow, and the stars will magically appear...

I'm also aware that the link to my author page isn't working...where it says "Visit Author's Page" should be an active link...I replied to this tweet yesterday about that...and nice to know my publicity efforts are working btw...I posted about this in a couple of groups over on Facebook yesterday btw...

Alan W. Jankowski,
You were mentioned in a Tweet!

AUTHORSdB
@AUTHORSdB
@Exakta66 is trending on AUTHORS DATABASE #1AdB authorsdb.com/authors-direct…
07:51 AM - 16 Apr 13
Reply to @AUTHORSdB Retweet Favorite

I think this is the actual tweet, if I am correct...

AUTHORSdB: @Exakta66 is trending

Anyway...go vote me up...you'll get that great feeling of major accomplishment you don't always get a chance to get every day...you can thank me for that later...and, of course, you'll get the chance to be part of this historic event my friends...

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Alright, the link to my author page is now working...and here it is btw...

AUTHORSdB > Authors Directory > Alan W. Jankowski
http://authorsdb.com/authors-directory/1824-alan-w-jankowski

I'd like to mention it not just to encourage sales of my own work, which would be wonderful...but, note what I have listed under Website...yes my friends, my page here on this fine site known throughout the world as Stories Space...

I don't have my own website, and don't plan on having one anytime soon...or anytime not so soon for that matter...so, I use my page here as my website on a number of sites, such as Twitter, and several poetry sites, for instance...

I mention this because I happen to know that a number of people here are looking for ways to divert more traffic to their stuff here on SS, and this is one way to do it...so, you don't really need to have your own book out to have a reason to create a page over on AUTHORSdB...

Just my little two cents of advice for today my SS friends...

Lurker
0 likes
What to Look for in a Hard Drive That You Are Purchasing?
When you are going to <a href="">buy laptop hard drive</a>, it is extremely important to look for one that is going to be fast and large enough to accommodate all of your files and data needs. It
<br>Yeah, it's just what I need, I'm about to have a new one
<br>I always use Dell Hard Disk Drives, what about you, guys?
<br>Gateway!!!lol
Lurker
0 likes
When you are going to <a href="">buy laptop hard drive</a>, it is extremely important to look for one that is going to be fast and large enough to accommodate all of your files and data needs. It
<br>Gateway!!!lol
Lurker
0 likes
<br>Gateway!!!lol
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Btw, if you click on the link to my author profile over on AUTHORSdB you will see something really cool towards the bottom...a Badge...

Yes my friends, they do indeed have a selection of badges over there...something in common with this fine site, and that alone should be good reason to join up and post your info...you too could be sporting a new badge like myself...

Yeah, got notice of my Top 10 Badge earlier today...

AUTHORSdB (@AUTHORSdB) mentioned you on Twitter!
Inbox
x

AUTHORSdB (Twitter)
2:44 AM (14 hours ago)

to me
@Exakta66 in TOP10 & No10 #author AUTHORS DATABASE Pls RT #1AdB - @AUTHORSdB

Alan W. Jankowski,

AUTHORSdB
@AUTHORSdB
@Exakta66 in TOP10 & No10 #author AUTHORS DATABASE Pls RT #1AdB authorsdb.com/authors-direct…
01:44 AM - 18 May 13

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Just sort of bumping this one...note that I am now Featured Author of the Week over here, and btw...I know I mentioned it before, but there is a cover contest going on...it'll be going on all year btw...so, if you feel real generous today, you can give my cover a nice, fat, juicy 5-star vote...you have to click on the green arrow next to where it says "Image Rating" in order to vote...I know that's not immediately obvious, but such is life...

AUTHORSdB > Cover Contest > Other > I Often Wonder: a collection of poetry and prose
http://www.authorsdb.com/book-cover-awards/other/i-often-wonder-a-collection-of-poetry-and-prose-256

Feel free to enter your own covers btw...eBooks are welcome as well...I forget what you win...I think it's a year of free publicity or something, which could be potentially lucrative...

Yeah, got this notice earlier today...and another Badge should be forthcoming soon...

Inbox
x

AUTHORSdB (Twitter)
1:02 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
@Exakta66 Winner of the Author of the Week Banner Award @AUTHORSdB Pls RT #1AdB - @AUTHORSdB

Alan W. Jankowski,

AUTHORSdB
@AUTHORSdB
@Exakta66 Winner of the Author of the Week Banner Award @AUTHORSdB Pls RT #1AdB authorsdb.com/authors-direct…
12:02 PM - 01 Jun 13

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Got this e-mail earlier today...

Semi-finalist - I Often Wonder by Alan W. Jankowski
Inbox
x

General
8:54 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
Congratulations,

Your cover is in the semi-finals of the 2013 Book Cover Contest at AUTHORSdB.com. Over the next couple of days, we will be contacting authors who's book covers were entered into the 2013 Book Cover Contest and have qualified as a semi-finalist in one or more categories.

Please forward a large, clear image (minimum 800 pixels wide) and a blurb (300 minimum - 1000 word maximum) by replying to this email, pasting the blurb and attaching the image before October 31, 2013.

We know that this is an exciting time for authors, and we hope to ensure all authors are contacted prior to the promotion of your qualification into the semi-finals until all authors have been notified.

To maximize the full impact of the promotion, please take a moment and visit your author's page to ensure all covers are uploaded, and content is up-to-date. We will notify you prior to the semi-final voting start date.

Enjoy the extra exposure and best of luck,

Paula
Website Content Manager
www.authorsdb.com

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Alright...moving up yet again...got this in the morning...moving up to Finalist...let's see if I can go all the way to the home stretch...

Inbox
x

AUTHORSdB (via Twitter) < >
6:52 AM (0 minutes ago)

to me
@Exakta66 #author BOOK COVER FINALIST Congratulations! Download Badge #covercontest pls RT - @AUTHORSdB

Alan W. Jankowski,
You were mentioned in a Tweet! Alan W. Jankowski

AUTHORSdB
@AUTHORSdB

@Exakta66 #author BOOK COVER FINALIST Congratulations! authorsdb.com/author-publici… Download Badge #covercontest pls RT

11:52 AM - 05 Jan 14

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Alrighty here...looks like I ended up with a cool looking bronze badge...can't really complain...not sure that I actually get anything other than bragging rights, but hey...I'll take it...

2013 Book Cover Contest Results
Inbox
x

AUTHORSdb Information
6:55 AM (13 hours ago)

to me
Congratulations on your placement in the 2013 Book Cover Contest at Authorsdb.com Attached is your branded badge for you to use in your own promotions. Over the next few days, we will be adding these badges to your listings in our Author Database and on the winning books listings. The promotions of the gold, silver and bronze winners will be ongoing, so take advantage of the extra exposure.

We'd like to thank all who have participated in this extensive promotion, including our four live independent judges who spent countless hours scoring your cover—helping authors promote their masterpieces. You'll get a chance to meet them on Authorsdb.com and to find out more about how the judging was scored, please go to http://authorsdb.com/author-publicity/book-cover-contest

Please let us know if you would like your cover to be entered into the 2014 contest.

May you sell-out of books in 2014!

Best regards,
The Authorsdb.com Team

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Just want to mention that I actually made the No. 1 most viewed spot a couple of weeks back, and out of over 4100 authors on the site now I might add...though how that happened I have not a clue...

Anyway...I now have a totally cool No. 1 badge on my Authorsdb page...check it out my friends...

AUTHORSdB > Authors Directory > Alan W. Jankowski
http://authorsdb.com/authors-directory/1824-alan-w-jankowski

This is what the badge looks like btw...

Yeah...your guess is as good as mine here as to how I made the top spot my friends...but I did get this notification on January 17, 2015...and the next day I was back down to 155 or something btw...