Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Seal Cove by DiVitto Kelly Options · View
Sherzahd
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 8:37:46 AM

Not quite singing my own praises here, but thought I'd mention that our very own DiVitto Kelly's debut novel is officially out and available here.

I will let this skillful wordsmith sing for himself...

Summary:

After a fierce storm, a large, mysterious creature has washed up, apparently dead, on the shores of Seal Cove, a small coastal town in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia. The newly discovered animal is transferred to an empty pool, where marine biologist Michael Keating begins deciphering what it is. Later that night, the creature emerges from its dormant stage, transforming into something monstrous.

This percolating monster tale has all the right ingredients: An isolated coastal setting, home town oddballs and likeable characters, including a marine biologist with a penchant for Pop-Tarts, a gravel-voiced, kick-ass town priest, and a lanky, Alice Cooper-meets-Jack Skellington book store owner, formally of New York City. The residents of this isolated coastal town must rely on each other and their limited resources if they are to survive the raw October night and a hungry flesh-eating predator that has made Seal Cove its hunting ground.

Seal Cove, is a throwback horror story with just the right mix of contemporary humor, smarts, and monster gore. It’s an engaging novel that will have enthusiastic readers saying, “Finally, a horror story void of vampires, werewolves, or zombies!” Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

“Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

DiVitto
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 9:08:25 PM

Thank you for doing this for me. Hopefully I'll get more positive reviews on Amazon. Wish me luck!

DiVitto
DirtyMartini
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:36:05 PM

DiVitto wrote:
Thank you for doing this for me. Hopefully I'll get more positive reviews on Amazon.

If that were indeed one of your objectives...it might help if you posted a link to the book over there...just a thought...

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

DiVitto
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2015 2:16:05 PM

DirtyMartini wrote:
DiVitto wrote:
Thank you for doing this for me. Hopefully I'll get more positive reviews on Amazon.

If that were indeed one of your objectives...it might help if you posted a link to the book over there...just a thought...

Hi. Sorry. I created a website. It's Thanks!

DiVitto