Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Ask and Answer Options · View
Circle_Something
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 7:09:19 PM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 8/11/2012
Posts: 1,965
Location: Glasgow-ish
I would, but only if I had to, and it was my very, very last resort. Even at that, I'd probably steal something that I knew the shopkeeper could claim insurance on. Also, I'd steal from a large chain because then they could absorb the loss, even if it meant me going to jail. I'd assume that if I was shoplifting, I'd be in a pretty bad shape financially, probably homeless, in fact, so a little stint in the pokey, would be okay.

Why do we feel the need to be all formal when it comes to job applications?

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

paulus
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:33:05 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Circle_Something wrote:
I would, but only if I had to, and it was my very, very last resort. Even at that, I'd probably steal something that I knew the shopkeeper could claim insurance on. Also, I'd steal from a large chain because then they could absorb the loss, even if it meant me going to jail. I'd assume that if I was shoplifting, I'd be in a pretty bad shape financially, probably homeless, in fact, so a little stint in the pokey, would be okay.

Why do we feel the need to be all formal when it comes to job applications?

Because that's what we're taught to do. And, perhaps as important, because we somehow believe, that we, as we are, aren't good enough, and will not fit the image, they are looking for. So we disguise and hide behind a standardized formal appearance.

Why are carrots orange?



If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Circle_Something
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:11:48 AM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 8/11/2012
Posts: 1,965
Location: Glasgow-ish
Beta carotene. They're full of the stuff.

But, who decided the labels of the colours?

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

paulus
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:38:36 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Circle_Something wrote:
Beta carotene. They're full of the stuff.

But, who decided the labels of the colours?

Actually you identified the substance giving the colour, but not the reason for the bright orange color. Carrots can range in color from white to almost black. Yet virtually everyone only knows the orange ones. The reason is Holland. Carrots in the wild are white, early cultivated ones were purple. They were brought to Holland in the 17th century by the VOC. There they were crossed and cultivated until they were orange, the color of the House of Orange, which ruled Holland. The color obviously appealed,because from the 17th century it has spread around the world. Amazing actually.

But who decided the labels? I don't even know which labels you mean. The names of the colorants, of the substances in food, the E-numbers? I think I'll leave that question standing.

Who decided the labels of the colours?

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Circle_Something
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:46:37 AM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 8/11/2012
Posts: 1,965
Location: Glasgow-ish
paulus wrote:
Circle_Something wrote:
Beta carotene. They're full of the stuff.

But, who decided the labels of the colours?

Actually you identified the substance giving the colour, but not the reason for the bright orange color. Carrots can range in color from white to almost black. Yet virtually everyone only knows the orange ones. The reason is Holland. Carrots in the wild are white, early cultivated ones were purple. They were brought to Holland in the 17th century by the VOC. There they were crossed and cultivated until they were orange, the color of the House of Orange, which ruled Holland. The color obviously appealed,because from the 17th century it has spread around the world. Amazing actually.

But who decided the labels? I don't even know which labels you mean. The names of the colorants, of the substances in food, the E-numbers? I think I'll leave that question standing.

Who decided the labels of the colours?


Smartarse.

In other words, who decided that orange is orange, red is red etc? It ain't that hard a question to understand, but quite difficult to answer.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

paulus
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:05:13 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Circle_Something wrote:
paulus wrote:
Circle_Something wrote:
Beta carotene. They're full of the stuff.

But, who decided the labels of the colours?

Actually you identified the substance giving the colour, but not the reason for the bright orange color. Carrots can range in color from white to almost black. Yet virtually everyone only knows the orange ones. The reason is Holland. Carrots in the wild are white, early cultivated ones were purple. They were brought to Holland in the 17th century by the VOC. There they were crossed and cultivated until they were orange, the color of the House of Orange, which ruled Holland. The color obviously appealed,because from the 17th century it has spread around the world. Amazing actually.

But who decided the labels? I don't even know which labels you mean. The names of the colorants, of the substances in food, the E-numbers? I think I'll leave that question standing.

Who decided the labels of the colours?


Smartarse.

In other words, who decided that orange is orange, red is red etc? It ain't that hard a question to understand, but quite difficult to answer.

Not too difficult though. Somewhere down that long line of evolution, our ancestors developed a need to communicate more than just primal signals. They started to identify things and concepts with a sound, a sound for food, a sound for danger, and a sound for each color they saw. As these ancestors multiplied and spread around the globe, they took those sounds with them, and as they developed speech and languages, those sounds evolved into words. Those words differ in almost every language, still in many of them we can recognize a common source. Red, rood, rot, rouge, rojo all define the same color. Who decided? Nobody consciously did, they evolved, as we did.

Almost forgot a new question.
Why on earth would anyone want to go to mars, knowing it would be a one-way trip?
(www.mars-one.com)

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
JustMolly
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 1:21:06 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/18/2014
Posts: 29
Location: Australia
To walk in a brilliant orange sunset and feel that martian dust beneath my feet, just once, and find out if it really is as cold as hell and no place to raise your kids. But why did we ever think we were going to be attacked my Martians?
paulus
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 1:53:22 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
JustMolly wrote:
To walk in a brilliant orange sunset and feel that martian dust beneath my feet, just once, and find out if it really is as cold as hell and no place to raise your kids. But why did we ever think we were going to be attacked my Martians?

Because Orson Wells was so real, when he featured War of the Worlds on radio, that everyone believed it.

So, why do we like scifi so much?

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Guest
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 4:19:52 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,014
I think most sci-fi gives us hope of a better future.

What would you like to eat for a picnic?
JustMolly
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 4:25:35 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/18/2014
Posts: 29
Location: Australia
LittleMolly wrote:
I think most sci-fi gives us hope of a better future.

What would you like to eat for a picnic?


It is such a beautiful day, I would be happy for a simple salad.

Who would you most like to share your picnic with?
Guest
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 4:56:50 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,014
I would most like to share my picnic with the one person in this world that has my heart.

Where would you host said picnic?
JustMolly
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 5:09:13 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/18/2014
Posts: 29
Location: Australia
theantelope wrote:
I would most like to share my picnic with the one person in this world that has my heart.

Where would you host said picnic?


There is a beautiful spot by the lake, just perfect for sharing a sunset picnic with that one person in the world that has your heart.

What game would you play at your picnic?
Guest
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 8:13:14 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,014
Range over? Lmao

It's a charging game ..I forget the exact name of it.



Do you enjoy listening to ghost stories?



Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 8:18:03 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
I live for them.

Would you rather read about it or live it?

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Guest
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 8:21:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,014
Live it as long they don't haunt me forever. Lmao..

I like reading ghost stories too.

Have you ever taken an evp?

Dreamcatcher
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 9:45:30 PM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,103
Location: Only my friends know...
Yes.. and photos.. I spent the night in the Riverside Mission Inn haunted room.. got plenty of orbs.. and sometime during the night the closet door opened..

Do you believe in past lives?

Guest
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 9:52:21 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,014
That is so cool.

I got an evp here, as well.


Past lives, not sure.

I don't think I've thought about that much.


Do you believe in magic? Real magic?


I've felt it right in my hand. It wasn't mine, it was an object of my friend's friend that I held in my hand.

Scared the crap out of me, really.

It had power to it.

You could feel it.

I'll never forget it as long as I live.
Circle_Something
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 10:05:16 PM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 8/11/2012
Posts: 1,965
Location: Glasgow-ish
As a Pagan, I'd be pretty damned hypocritical if I didn't believe in magick.*

What three Stories Space members would you like to have on your zombie apocalypse team?

*To a lot of Pagans, "magick" is the proper spelling of "real magick". The spelling came about when Aleister Crowley was writing about the difference between "real magick/spells" and "show magic/chicanery". He needed something to differentiate them, so came up with that spelling.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

Guest
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 10:06:17 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,014
Awesome, hon..

Cal, Paul and Andy.

What's your favorite candy?


That you can't be without. Could be sugar free gum too.

( I love it.)
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 10:49:19 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
I like the past few questions.
Yes i di believe in past lives
Of course there is Magick
Too mamy people to pick i would have to do a drawing

I cannot live without my chocolate. Kit kats or reeses

Do you believe in divination?

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Guest
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 10:52:44 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,014
I looked it up. But yes...

Do you believe in fate or karma?

If I eat Reeces, I need Kit Kats. If I have Kit Kat, I need Reeces too.

Lmao.

They go beautifully together.

Not at the same time.

paulus
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:16:12 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
the_enchantress wrote:
I looked it up. But yes...

Do you believe in fate or karma?

If I eat Reeces, I need Kit Kats. If I have Kit Kat, I need Reeces too.

Lmao.

They go beautifully together.

Not at the same time.


No, I don't, if you refer to something predestined, or dependant of the way you lived previous life. I firmly believe in freedom of choice and living the consequences thereoff. What happens to you, depends on your choices, actions from those that cross your path and events we cannot influence, like the forces of nature.

Kit Kats btw, are my favorite candy by a distance.

Do you believe, ancient legend about elves, dwarves, dragons and magicians bear witness of great imagination or of actual meetings and events?


If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:09:27 AM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,103
Location: Only my friends know...
Yes.. I am Drache Reiter.. and all things are possible..

Do you believe there is an Inner Earth?

Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 9:15:05 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
Yes there is.

And as far as karma or fate goes, it is a tricky little web that is woven as you go along, karna and fate is not set, until you settle and then again you can change it or others can change it, think of it as a push and pull of freedom of choice and already set laws, and each one changes over time in a sense yes there is fated path for you in another sense it is a path you chosen for yourself.

Do you agree with that or am i just over thinking it again?

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
paulus
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 2:31:06 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Rebellious_Soul wrote:
Yes there is.

And as far as karma or fate goes, it is a tricky little web that is woven as you go along, karna and fate is not set, until you settle and then again you can change it or others can change it, think of it as a push and pull of freedom of choice and already set laws, and each one changes over time in a sense yes there is fated path for you in another sense it is a path you chosen for yourself.

Do you agree with that or am i just over thinking it again?
I had to read that twice to begin to understand what you say. I read it some more and yes, I agree with you.

What would you do, if you found out, we were just electronic entities, created in a digital world that some brilliant scientist had built for his statistical research?

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
paulus
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 2:31:12 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Rebellious_Soul wrote:
Yes there is.

And as far as karma or fate goes, it is a tricky little web that is woven as you go along, karna and fate is not set, until you settle and then again you can change it or others can change it, think of it as a push and pull of freedom of choice and already set laws, and each one changes over time in a sense yes there is fated path for you in another sense it is a path you chosen for yourself.

Do you agree with that or am i just over thinking it again?
I had to read that twice to begin to understand what you say. I read it some more and yes, I agree with you.

What would you do, if you found out, we were just electronic entities, created in a digital world that some brilliant scientist had built for his statistical research?

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
JustMolly
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 3:14:35 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/18/2014
Posts: 29
Location: Australia
I would rebel and find a way to fight back, demanding that I be given a real body (of my own choosing of course!)

How would you spend your time if you knew it was the Earth's last day?
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 3:52:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
Collaborating wit the greatest minds on how to build a shild around earth. And then snuggle with my ninja.

What do babies think of when they first open thier eyes?

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
maryruth
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 5:44:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/3/2014
Posts: 736
It would be when I turned 18.


if you had a million dollars fall in your pocket right now. what would u do with it.
Keep it or give it away?
Guest
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2014 2:49:02 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,014
maryruth wrote:
It would be when I turned 18.


if you had a million dollars fall in your pocket right now. what would u do with it.
Keep it or give it away?



I would love to say with 100% confidence that I would give it away, but I am not sure that would be truthful. I would absolutely give lots of it away to family members who aren't as well off as myself. At this moment, I cannot think of anything that I want/need for myself that I cannot already afford. Perhaps the main question that comes to my mind is whether I should use the money for good now (ie give it away to those in need), or whether I should "play it safe" and bank it so as to give some financial security to any family that I might have in the near future (wife, children, etc).
To answer the question, I would bank it until I give it some serious thought and come up with a solution that satisfies both my desires and my morals.


If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.