Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 6:23:58 AM
Survivor
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 5,836
Location: bajo un árbol de álamo


Well, can't wish you a good morning, G. You've already missed it. But I'll make the coffee and you can enjoy it with me. Still tons of Sara's cookies.

I'm really proud of you, Roland. I told you, my man, that you were going to sail through the visitation. Best job ever.

Still another rainy day here. So tired of the rain.

Let's get up and going, folks. Take care out there.

flower
Ping
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 9:01:42 AM
Ping
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/25/2021
Posts: 145


Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
gillianleeza
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 11:10:03 AM
gillianleeza
Rank: Story Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 11/25/2015
Posts: 1,189
Location: Sailing on the Bay, United States
Hello everyone! I'm still dealing with coordinating care for my parents and trying to figure out things going forward. Dementia's memory loss is hard but being unaware that you should not share some things (grisly war details from service in Vietnam being one of many things) makes it even harder.

I am bringing them up to my house for a nice dinner today with just the four of us. I had a good day on Saturday with my son and his girlfriend and their really funny, sweet pug.

I will catch up when I can. I hope everyone else is doing well.

I'll grab a few cookies on my way out.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 1:00:49 PM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,824
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
hello1 hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds good to me
A beautiful day here

Roland that's great news
Gill yikes hope you can get it all sorted out with the parents care

I have fresh cookies today
*Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie jars behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies*
In honor of Memorial Day the cookies are shaped like hearts, flags, red stars white stars and blue stars , dog tags
They are diabetic friendly too

Happy Memorial Day and big hugs to our veterans!




Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 1:14:51 PM
Rumple_deWriter
Rank: Story Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 8/24/2011
Posts: 998
Location: lost in the ozone west of Apache Junction
Mega HUGS for Gil for what she's dealing with.

Pingster, having you around always insures everyone has an interesting time. ;)

Larry, stay dry or at least just damp and don't forget to change your socks often. . ;)

The really big news is I've just posted a list of prose and poetry Sci-fi and Fantasy calls for submissions over in the old Calls for Submissions forum. Check 'em out.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8. .

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 2:08:11 PM
Mendalla
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 1,696
Location: Somewhere amongst the trees
MagnificentBastard wrote:

And now a helicopter. An f’n helicopter. Seriously? Who needs a traffic report at 5:23 am on a non-holiday Monday in Canada?


Who says it's a traffic chopper? We live near a hospital so 9 times out of 10, a helicopter flying over our place is an air ambulance. Especially recently with our hospitals taking COVID spillover from the GTA.

Good evening, everybody. Back to nice weather again so my office once again moved to the deck.

Kettle is on if anyone wants to join me for tea and cookies.

My "A Survivor's Story" comp entry:

Us Survivors

Micro of the Day Stories:

The Target - an assassin gets more than he bargained for
Voldar -she mourns her city and rages at its failed defender

verbal
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 2:34:50 PM
verbal
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/21/2015
Posts: 285
MagnificentBastard wrote:
rolandlytle wrote:
“... said to be extremely sweet, especially when they are warm.”


This feels like the beginning of a potential mother-in-law/cannibal punchline.

I was given a homework assignment. This picture is real. I’d bet this rivals the lean angle of Rump’s adjustable snore-prevention bed.

So, one drawback of sleeping in the backyard are the emergency vehicles. Damn. 3:30 am some fire trucks came roaring past our home. Second drawback: birds. The sun rises early here and it began getting light shortly after them rip-roaring vehicles. The freaking birds have been incessantly chirping since about four. Ugh. Crows. Magpies. Geese. Mallard ducks. Sparrows. Blue Jays. Some damn grey birds that eat rotted/fermented crab apples. Right now, there is one f’n bird right outside my tent. I swear it is right next to my ear, a foot away in the shrub. I can’t yell at it because I’ll wake my son. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap.

He hasn’t stopped. I can’t type the word cheap as fast as he is cheaping. WTF is his problem?!?

Arrrrgh!!!

I wonder. If I cough, would it scare the shit out of him? Maybe I should set up a GoPro tonight. Timer. Remote control. When he starts cheaping tomorrow, I start the GoPro and then blast him with a can of airhorn.

This is worse than a water torture test. Drip. Drip. Drip.

I do have a full bladder. Maybe I cut a small hole in the... wait... I mean big hole... Big hole in the tent and unload on that little cheaping bastard. Seriously. The whole time I’m typing this, he hasn’t stopped making f’n noise.

Anyone use an air press for coffee? I do. Best coffee brew ever. Clean, not chewy like a French press. Less mess than a percolator or drip. Easier to throw at f’n birds that wake me at 4:00 am.

Oooh. I just involuntarily sniffed. He stopped.

Ugh. He’s going double time now. WTF?!? Something just hit the tent! A dull thud. A splat. Damn it. That’s not a pizza on the ceiling. Only a small child or a goose can poop that much. I bet the goose was trying to bomb that little bastard.

Sigh. My son is now up. He just commented on the bird in the bush. He thinks he can get back to sleep. He doesn’t have to get up until 6:30 to shower before school.

Good luck with that.

And now a helicopter. An f’n helicopter. Seriously? Who needs a traffic report at 5:23 am on a non-holiday Monday in Canada?

It’s gunna be THAT kind of Monday, isn’t it Fate?



Oh, just suck it up and drink your air press coffee. My recollection of sleeping in a tent with my daughter during Spring break was that I immediately went inside and fell back asleep for 3-4 more hours.

It's been rainy as crap all weekend long, with several bouts of hail. We've barely left the house, and then only to shop. So, no Quiet Place 2, but we binged the excellent Mare of Easttown. GREAT show. Kate Winslet is a force of nature.
Ping
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 5:51:05 PM
Ping
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/25/2021
Posts: 145
Mendalla wrote:
MagnificentBastard wrote:

And now a helicopter. An f’n helicopter. Seriously? Who needs a traffic report at 5:23 am on a non-holiday Monday in Canada?


Who says it's a traffic chopper? We live near a hospital so 9 times out of 10, a helicopter flying over our place is an air ambulance. Especially recently with our hospitals taking COVID spillover from the GTA.

Good evening, everybody. Back to nice weather again so my office once again moved to the deck.

Kettle is on if anyone wants to join me for tea and cookies.


First of all, I said it was a traffic chopper, so that’s what it was. 😜

But it was. It flies by several times each day. We have a few major connecting roadways nearby. The STARS choppers are much throatier and much louder. The military choppers don’t come this way.

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Ping
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 6:08:18 PM
Ping
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/25/2021
Posts: 145
verbal wrote:
MagnificentBastard wrote:
[quote=rolandlytle]“... said to be extremely sweet, especially when they are warm.”


Oh, just suck it up and drink your air press coffee. My recollection of sleeping in a tent with my daughter during Spring break was that I immediately went inside and fell back asleep for 3-4 more hours.

It's been rainy as crap all weekend long, with several bouts of hail. We've barely left the house, and then only to shop. So, no Quiet Place 2, but we binged the excellent Mare of Easttown. GREAT show. Kate Winslet is a force of nature.


I did sleep more in the house. LOL. But no rest is better than a fresh air sleep. Going in again tonight.

I absolutely loved A Quiet Place. QP2 and the Bond flick are two movies I’m extremely excited to see. Love Kate too. She’s even a better person. Love her.

BTW, have you tried Yellowstone yet? Costner and cast are fabulous. They stumbled a bit with plot and guest casting, but the main cast is terrific.

Speaking of great music, anyone listened to AudioPhil on YouTube?

Phil has uploaded high end vinyl playback. I don’t know how he can digitize that high quality needle sound, but damn. So good. I listened to some Police, Simon and Garfunkel, Pink Floyd, and Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. Never sounded so good. Highly recommend you check out his channel. It’s a relatively new channel. Soooo much to upload. Looking forward to it all.

Edit: Works best with noise cancelling headphones or Apple Ear Hole Speakers.

Verbs sucks.



If you like making paper airplanes, this guy holds the world record for the longest flight. He’s got a video showing how to make a few of his planes. Check. Them. Out.

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
rolandlytle
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 7:28:30 PM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,973
Location: Chicago area, United States
There is so much going on in the coffee house now that we go through a whole page in a day or two. It is so good to have so many Inspirators.

Ping, would you like some fine cheese to go with your whine? I have not enjoyed camping since my days in Central America.

Today is a day of remembrance for more than one reason.

Memorial Day is a day I never look forward to, but I am lucky. I personally only know a dozen people that died in the service. I do know others that have known far too many dead brothers-in-arms, especially from the Vietnam era. That was a different time in the US. I knew people that would tell stories about being harassed when they return to America because they were in Vietnam. One story about departing a plane in Atlanta in uniform and being called baby killers stands out. Things are not like that now. Military members and veterans are treated much better. On this day each year, I have a drink for all the people I knew and those I did not know who sacrificed themself for their nation. "To fallen friends and comrades!" Cheers.

Today is also the one-hundredth-year anniversary of the beginning of the Tulsa Race Riots. It is hard to believe that so many things have improved in a century, yet that same hatred that caused that horrible event and so many more like it still exists in so many people today. I went to high school in Charlotte, NC, while it and Boston were in the courts about busing, including the Supreme Court. The busing of students to integrate the school systems was a divisive issue at the time. There were regular protests near the school, and often our courtyard would fill up with blacks at one end and whites at the other. I was not popular with certain people due to having several black friends. It was especially bad for me when I began dating a black lady in my senior year. I was ostracized by many, both black and white. I even got beat up three times and almost a fourth time, except a friend helped me out. (That is a great story that I should share on this site) Racism has always been a cause that I step up to fight because of my background.

Now I step off my soapbox and get a cookie with some milk if I can find some. I have not dunked a cookie in a while.

I got a few more stories/poems read today. I am impressed by the overall quality of the writing posted here. It makes me proud to be a part of the Stories Space family.

Larry, the three-game series of the Padres at the Cubs, starts tomorrow. It should a great match. I am glad the Padres will not be sending Darvish to the mound during these three games.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Verity
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 3:53:07 AM
Verity
Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 5/22/2021
Posts: 71
Good morning everyone. I hope you are all well. It’s lovely and sunny here in England. I’m pleased to announce that my latest Hollywood Blockbuster* is awaiting moderation at the moment. I have a question about categories; I couldn’t really find one that suited my story so I put it in general. It’s really Folklore, could that possibly be a future category? Just asking, I’ll have a black coffee please. Regards, Verity

*This claim has been disputed.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 4:20:39 AM
henrietta_fielding
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/8/2017
Posts: 288
So glad the cookout went well Roland and hugs to you, Gill. Hope the family dinner went well.

Verity, I will catch up on your latest stories soon! It's actually sunny here in Ireland too, which is always a surprise!

I'll grab a coffee and some of Sara's delicious cookies./
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 6:14:56 AM
Survivor
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 5,836
Location: bajo un árbol de álamo



Good day to the ladies, Verity and Cynthia. It's wonderful when the feminine crowd fills the room.

I'll just get to work on some fresh coffee after I clean out the percolator. And, as always, the tea kettle is on.

You pose an interesting question about categories, Verity. Perhaps our coffee house regular moderator can answer it, Bill? Also, open it up to the group. Do we need a folklore category?

The Proposition for Debate is announced. Whistle

Later all and be careful out there.

And I hope my Padres do not blow their first place in the NL West. drunken

flower
Ping
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 7:06:54 AM
Ping
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/25/2021
Posts: 145
Survivor wrote:



Good day to the ladies, Verity and Cynthia. It's wonderful when the feminine crowd fills the room.

I'll just get to work on some fresh coffee after I clean out the percolator. And, as always, the tea kettle is on.

You pose an interesting question about categories, Verity. Perhaps our coffee house regular moderator can answer it, Bill? Also, open it up to the group. Do we need a folklore category?

The Proposition for Debate is announced. Whistle

Later all and be careful out there.

And I hope my Padres do not blow their first place in the NL West. drunken

flower


Hey Larry,

Tell us a navy story. Could be funny. Could be scary. Something from out to sea, or in port. Something that most of us land lovers wouldn't probably know. For example, I know in some nautical organizations, knowing how to swim is not a pre-requisite. Reason: You're on a ship. No need to be in the water. If you're in a sub, well, you're in the water but the big metal tube does the swimming for you. I suppose there is logic in that.

Ever been to sea, Billy? Arg. Is that a mash up of Airplane and something piratey? I can't remember, I just remember the line. Anyone know it's origin?

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 9:15:12 AM
Survivor
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 5,836
Location: bajo un árbol de álamo
MagnificentBastard wrote:


Hey Larry,

Tell us a navy story. Could be funny. Could be scary. Something from out to sea, or in port. Something that most of us land lovers wouldn't probably know. For example, I know in some nautical organizations, knowing how to swim is not a pre-requisite. Reason: You're on a ship. No need to be in the water. If you're in a sub, well, you're in the water but the big metal tube does the swimming for you. I suppose there is logic in that.

Ever been to sea, Billy? Arg. Is that a mash up of Airplane and something piratey? I can't remember, I just remember the line. Anyone know it's origin?


Every sailor in the US Navy learns to swim in boot camp. You are tested in the first week of an 8 week recruit training period. I was tested and passed because I knew how to swim. When I pointed out my name on the testing sheet I dropped a drop of water on it. I got a stare from the petty officer recording the scores. The next day I was told I had failed the test and needed to go to swimming classes. I took the class one session, passed it again and that was that, learning a lesson in petty tyranny in the process.

During the next weeks, the current companies in training took part in typical physical competitions including swimming. I was placed on the 4 man freestyle swimming relay in the final position. Our team won that competition. In addition, that swimming win was added to other wins and our company was awarded a pennant for that training period. From then on, as the yeoman and guidon bearer for the company, I carried that pennant along with the company banner whenever we marched as a company to any new training classes.

My learning to swim before that is a different story.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/learning-to-swim.aspx

flower
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 9:39:47 AM
itsxanderkaidyn
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/15/2020
Posts: 251
Location: Jane's lap
I say I love Jane constantly...and yet...it sometimes feels like I don't say it enough. What gives? love10

Somebody: You attract what you fear.
Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.
verbal
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:14:14 AM
verbal
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/21/2015
Posts: 285
Sorry, Bill, that the Mets beat up on the D-Backs last night. Their bats appear to be coming alive. And DeGrom was awesome. Six wins in a row!

Not much else happening. Hanging out with youngest daughter for lunch. Trying to nail the ending down on two stories - that's my goal today.

Hey Roland, glad the cookout was a good time! Didja see DeGrom last night? Wow.

Enjoyed the story about the navy, Larry - thank you for your service.

Good to see you back Verity.

And Ping, Ping, Ping, I was suddenly struck by the idea that you may actually live in a tent in the woods, no kids or home or lemoncello or motorcycle, spinning a fictional middle-class reality from the dregs and ephemera and snips of stories you come across in the homeless camp as you spend your days haunting dumpsters and trash cans for food.

Too dark? He, I'm just warming up. These coyotes aren't gonna hypnotize and kidnap the children of my neighborhood themselves!

I'd love a coffee and a Gamera cookie.

rolandlytle
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:30:03 AM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,973
Location: Chicago area, United States
Survivor wrote:
Every sailor in the US Navy learns to swim in boot camp. You are tested in the first week of an 8 week recruit training period. I was tested and passed because I knew how to swim. When I pointed out my name on the testing sheet, I dropped a drop of water on it. I got a stare from the petty officer recording the scores. The next day I was told I had failed the test and needed to go to swimming classes. I took the class one session, passed it again, and that was that, learning a lesson in petty tyranny in the process.

During the next weeks, the current companies in training took part in typical physical competitions, including swimming. I was placed on the 4 man freestyle swimming relay in the final position. Our team won that competition. In addition, that swimming win was added to other wins, and our company was awarded a pennant for that training period. From then on, as the yeoman and guidon bearer for the company, I carried that pennant along with the company banner whenever we marched as a company to any new training classes.

My learning to swim before that is a different story.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/learning-to-swim.aspx

flower


Wow, Larry! I was also the guidon bearer for my boot camp company. It was common for the guidon bearer to be yeoman, but I was the marching/military training specialist in my case. I had been on the drill team in ROTC and knew the drill manual by memory. I made sure everyone was at their best at marching and keeping a proper bunk and locker. I taught everyone how to spitshine their shoes too. Our CC even loaned me out to two other companies to teach them proper spitshine techniques. He then gave me shit when one of those companies beat us in a personnel inspection, but later, when everyone else was busy, he gave me a big smile and attaboy because he ragged on that CC that a boot got them first place. I loved boot camp. I did notice in my time in the navy that most sailors were not good swimmers. You can not dog-paddle in five-foot seas. The Padres/Cubs series should be a good one. I am going to watch the first game (from yesterday) after I finish this post.

Verity, I have not seen your new story yet. Has it been posted?

BTW, today is Rick's (Snoop) birthday. I have not heard from him lately, but I know he still pops in from time to time.

Getting some green tea today and am sitting down to watch the game.



You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Ping
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:33:05 AM
Ping
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/25/2021
Posts: 145
verbal wrote:
And Ping, Ping, Ping, I was suddenly struck by the idea that you may actually live in a tent in the woods, no kids or home or lemoncello or motorcycle, spinning a fictional middle-class reality from the dregs and ephemera and snips of stories you come across in the homeless camp as you spend your days haunting dumpsters and trash cans for food.

Too dark? He, I'm just warming up. These coyotes aren't gonna hypnotize and kidnap the children of my neighborhood themselves!

I'd love a coffee and a Gamera cookie.


Dude, that’s my destiny. I want that life. And it’s limoncello. Spell it correctly or I’ll join forces with the coyotes and start pissing on your fence with them. A little canid roll reversal.

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Ping
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:37:35 AM
Ping
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/25/2021
Posts: 145
Survivor wrote:
MagnificentBastard wrote:


Hey Larry,

Tell us a navy story. Could be funny. Could be scary. Something from out to sea, or in port. Something that most of us land lovers wouldn't probably know. For example, I know in some nautical organizations, knowing how to swim is not a pre-requisite. Reason: You're on a ship. No need to be in the water. If you're in a sub, well, you're in the water but the big metal tube does the swimming for you. I suppose there is logic in that.

Ever been to sea, Billy? Arg. Is that a mash up of Airplane and something piratey? I can't remember, I just remember the line. Anyone know it's origin?


Every sailor in the US Navy learns to swim in boot camp. You are tested in the first week of an 8 week recruit training period. I was tested and passed because I knew how to swim. When I pointed out my name on the testing sheet I dropped a drop of water on it. I got a stare from the petty officer recording the scores. The next day I was told I had failed the test and needed to go to swimming classes. I took the class one session, passed it again and that was that, learning a lesson in petty tyranny in the process.

During the next weeks, the current companies in training took part in typical physical competitions including swimming. I was placed on the 4 man freestyle swimming relay in the final position. Our team won that competition. In addition, that swimming win was added to other wins and our company was awarded a pennant for that training period. From then on, as the yeoman and guidon bearer for the company, I carried that pennant along with the company banner whenever we marched as a company to any new training classes.

My learning to swim before that is a different story.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/learning-to-swim.aspx

flower


Awesome story, Larry. It’s little stuff like that that needs to be shared.

So, you were the anchor. Funny how that word has a few innuendoed meanings. You didn’t hold the team back. 🤭

I know two people that served in the Canadian Navy. One guy was called Old Pear Shape. Don’t know if he could swim. The other guy served mostly from the west coast. Served for twenty years. Still can’t swim.

See any UFO’s while out at sea? How about mermaids?

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Ping
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:45:41 AM
Ping
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/25/2021
Posts: 145
rolandlytle wrote:
Wow, Larry! I was also the guidon bearer for my boot camp company. It was common for the guidon bearer to be yeoman, but I was the marching/military training specialist in my case. I had been on the drill team in ROTC and knew the drill manual by memory. I made sure everyone was at their best at marching and keeping a proper bunk and locker. I taught everyone how to spitshine their shoes too. Our CC even loaned me out to two other companies to teach them proper spitshine techniques. He then gave me shit when one of those companies beat us in a personnel inspection, but later, when everyone else was busy, he gave me a big smile and attaboy because he ragged on that CC that a boot got them first place. I loved boot camp. I did notice in my time in the navy that most sailors were not good swimmers. You can not dog-paddle in five-foot seas.


That’s coincidentally very cool history you’ve dropped on us. Bond at will.

The only person I knew that loved boot camp was Forrest Gump.

Roland, can you share a cool story (or many) that maybe reflects your time, from a different time of times passed by? Extra points if it involves Marilyn Monroe or Donna Reed. Free beer if it involves both, at the same time. 😉

Barkeep, beer the boys please. I’m sure this coffee shop has booze. It has got to.

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 11:30:08 AM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,824
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee sounds yummy
Had to get a check up and get some meds for this yucky bug I picked up .

* Cleaning out the emergency cookie tins and moving yesterday's cookies to them and putting them neatly on the shelf behind the counter*
*Filling the cookie jars with fresh cookies*
Today's cookies are :
In Big Bird: pecan divines, cheery cherry cookies, chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies
In Cookie Monster: cheery cherry cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter and banana cookies and ginger snaps
*giving the adorable animals fresh water and treats*

Hope everyone is having a great day . grommit


Sugarbaby
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 8:03:24 PM
Sugarbaby
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/3/2018
Posts: 1,568
Location: Squarebanks, Alaska
Hey peoples! hello2

Seems like this is the happening place.

Guess i will start hanging here.

Sara! I will take an oatmeal-raisin, please. Ok 3 of them.

Mi querido! (he knows who he is)

Verbal, big howdy!

Elyse! flower




Last but not least! That "BAD ASS" guy! (I think he just pitched my butt)







....
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 8:31:30 PM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,824
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
Sugarbaby wrote:
Hey peoples! hello2

Seems like this is the happening place.

Guess i will start hanging here.

Sara! I will take an oatmeal-raisin, please. Ok 3 of them.

Mi querido! (he knows who he is)

Verbal, big howdy!

Elyse! flower




Last but not least! That "BAD ASS" guy! (I think he just pitched my butt)




clapping 952-67 toast Applause BIG SQUISHY HUGS LINDA yay hang out with us
I have fresh cookies in the cookie jars pretty much daily !




Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 6:28:52 AM
Survivor
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 5,836
Location: bajo un árbol de álamo


Good morning here on the Great Plains. So nice to see Linda stop by last night. I guess Sara stayed up late to welcome her. That was sweet.

The coffee pot was cleaned, as always. So was the tea kettle. Now the French roast is brewing and tea drinkers are already enjoying their drinks.

The Padres finish a series against the Cubs today. I'm hoping they continue in their 1st place position in the NL West. Tomorrow they start a series against the Mets.

Maybe before I get this note posted more folks will arrive. Hope so.

flower
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 7:31:23 AM
Rumple_deWriter
Rank: Story Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 8/24/2011
Posts: 998
Location: lost in the ozone west of Apache Junction
Morning, Larry and many thanks for the setup. When combined with some of Sarah's cookies, your coffee approaches being a goodness. ;)

And speaking of a 'goodness', Linda has appeared among us. However, if she takes all the oatmeal raisin cookies we may have to convene a 'come to Jesus meeting' on a fair and balanced distribution of that vital resource. ;)Don't know about the rest of y'all, but Wednesday following a Monday holiday just doesn't feel like 'Hump Day'.

Now with one hand holding a mug full of Larry's coffee and my other hand full of Sarah's cookies, I'll sneak over to the corner table and marvel at how two of the three baseball teams I follow are both in fifth place (NL West, D-Backs -- AL West, Rangers) :(

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

verbal
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 10:08:55 AM
verbal
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/21/2015
Posts: 285
Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Morning, Larry and many thanks for the setup. When combined with some of Sarah's cookies, your coffee approaches being a goodness. ;)

And speaking of a 'goodness', Linda has appeared among us. However, if she takes all the oatmeal raisin cookies we may have to convene a 'come to Jesus meeting' on a fair and balanced distribution of that vital resource. ;)Don't know about the rest of y'all, but Wednesday following a Monday holiday just doesn't feel like 'Hump Day'.

Now with one hand holding a mug full of Larry's coffee and my other hand full of Sarah's cookies, I'll sneak over to the corner table and marvel at how two of the three baseball teams I follow are both in fifth place (NL West, D-Backs -- AL West, Rangers) :(

Later, Inspirators. glasses8


Bill, the D-backs may be in 5th place, but they staged a hell of a 10th inning comeback last night. Afternoon game today. Then, Larry's Padres this weekend!

Hey Linda! Cool Godzilla emoji!

Not much else happening. Talia had to work at her actual office today, so it's just me and the cats here today. I'm missing her a little.

Oh well. Time to write the newsletter.

Coffee would be swell. And a cookie! And a hug from that lil monkey!
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 1:07:51 PM
itsxanderkaidyn
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/15/2020
Posts: 251
Location: Jane's lap
This isn't me 250 words deep into a new piece of writing after being incredibly blocked for the last month or so.

...except it is and I am (although what I'm working on is better suited to the other site).

Somebody: You attract what you fear.
Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 1:22:37 PM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,824
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here!
A large iced coffee sounds good to me

Not a lot going on today

*Molly the monkey gives Jeff a hug *
Hi Larry and Victor! Hope you are staying dry
Hi Bill how are things in the Valley of the Sun ?

My Braves are in 2nd place in the NL EAST yay
*Peeking in the cookie jars* yay still in good shape
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
Stay safe everyone!


Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 5:09:16 PM
Mendalla
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 1,696
Location: Somewhere amongst the trees
Good evening all. Nice to see the place livening up a bit.

Cool to hear the boot camp stories upthread. Have you guy written stories about your military careers at all?

Hello to Linda. Nice of you to pop by.

Rainy evening here after a decent day. Going to work on Friday and may start going more often after that. We shall see.

Writing is happening but we will see where it goes. I've had a few false starts of late.

Pecan divines should go well with my evening sencha.




My "A Survivor's Story" comp entry:

Us Survivors

Micro of the Day Stories:

The Target - an assassin gets more than he bargained for
Voldar -she mourns her city and rages at its failed defender

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.