Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
verbal
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2021 9:53:47 AM
verbal

We all survived our Covid vaccine! 22 hours later, and all we have are sore arms. And better wifi reception!

The Mets won a nailbiter against Bill's D-Backs last night. Playing again tonight. I think the Snakes are facing the weak underbelly of the Mets rotation tonight.

Beautiful day today. I hope to enjoy it.

Coffee and a cookie for me, a cookie crumb for my Ant (full name Ant E Histamine), and if Molly would like anything, tell her she may put it on my tab.
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2021 10:04:32 AM
Mendalla

verbal wrote:
We all survived our Covid vaccine! 22 hours later, and all we have are sore arms. And better wifi reception!

Getting your COVID shot improved your wifi reception?? How the *bleep* does that work? Now I am really looking forward to my second shot. cat

Got my stuff from HD but weather is still a bit cool for yard work. However, there's a chance of showers tomorrow so today is the best day to get it going.

And a Happy 181st Birthday to the great Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky! To celebrate, his famed Violin Concerto.

Micro of the Day Stories:

The Target - an assassin gets more than he bargained for
Voldar -she mourns her city and rages at its failed defender

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2021 11:50:21 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds good to me..
The weather is beautiful here !

*Peeking in the cookie jars* we are in good shape
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like baseballs*
Good to see everyone here today!
Might get some writing done if inspiration comes today

Hope everyone has a great day and does something that makes you smile

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2021 12:31:25 PM
Rumple_deWriter

Scott, it is a truth, that possibly, maybe even probably,the single most important thing I learned while in college was that Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto is incomparable.

One of the nice things about having an Amazon Echo dset-up is not having to spell Tchaikovsky when I want an earful of his greatness. ;)

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 6:01:44 AM
Survivor

I reckon we all listened to the Tchaikovsky you left, Scott. Thank you. It also gives me visions of The Right Stuff as the astronauts march into the hangar. Anyway, I have the coffee made for the morning. My first cup is cooling down now.

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 7:33:02 AM
Mendalla

It doesn't get much better than that, does it? Mrs. Mendalla and I have been watching a lot of bios of composers recently (she's teaching herself piano so it's now an interest of hers) and Tchaikovsky was one of them. Have also watched Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, and Liszt.

Bit grey here for Mother's Day but Mrs. M got a gift card and greetings from our son so that brightened things up a bit.

Kettle is on for tea and I'm making a pot of Scottish Breakfast for those needing a morning fix.

verbal
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 11:39:09 AM
verbal

The Mets are playing Bill's D-Backs as I type this - I can feel the broadcast signal ACTUALLY PASSING THROUGH MY BODY!!! But i won't be able to watch til tonight. So I'll pop in and out quick, before the score is revealed to me. Our big guy, DeGrom, is on the mound, which is the good news. They NEVER score runs for him would be the bad news.

Speaking of the Big Guy, where is Roland? Haven't seen him around for a bit. Love to talk some baseball with him.

A coffee for me, a crumb for my Ant (full name Ant E Disestablishmentarianism), and a baseball cookie for the monkey.

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 1:44:54 PM
DenimAngel

Hi people
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee sounds yummy
A little late but I have fresh cookies
* Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top *

In Big Bird we have oatmeal raisin cookies, pecan divines, butterscotch marshmallow cookies and peanut butter and banana cookies
In Cookie Monster: peanut butter and banana cookies, butterscotch marshmallow cookies, lemon softies and ginger snaps

*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
Hope everyone is having a great day!

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 2:36:06 PM
henrietta_fielding

Hello everyone! Nice to get a bit of culture and Tchaikovsky!

I'll grab a cuppa and some of Sara's delicious cookies!
Survivor
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 6:06:39 AM
Survivor

Good morning. I have been up long enough to have prepared the coffee and got the teakettle on. Hope all are doing well.

flower
verbal
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 9:58:42 AM
verbal

Bill, I'm sorry the Mets waited until this weekend to wake up. Sweeps hurt - I remember the Cubs sweeping us a couple weeks ago. If it makes you feel better, our best pitcher had to leave the game with muscle tightness. Hopefully he's not injured.

Cold and rainy here today. What a weird spring. It's always cold and wet.

I've already scared coyotes out of our yard once today. They're getting bold. I scared him away by banging pots and pans. Later I am going to hang up blinky lights that are supposed to mimic animal eyes. I am also (no, I'm not making this up) going to pee along the fenceline all this week. If those techniques don't work, I want to buy a life-sized plastic coyote that is supposed to work well - you just set it out in the yard. Talia is less than thrilled by this approach.

Coffee and a handful of cookies please. A crumb for my Ant (full name Ant E Pesto) and a hug for the monkey.

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 12:16:11 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in my tummy

Jeff Molly the lil monkey loves hugs
Hi Larry and Victor !

*Peeking in the cookie jars* we are in good shape!
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*

Not much going on here just a quiet Monday I think
Stay safe and enjoy your day grommit

elizabethblack
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 6:35:53 PM
elizabethblack

verbal wrote:

I've already scared coyotes out of our yard once today. They're getting bold. I scared him away by banging pots and pans. Later I am going to hang up blinky lights that are supposed to mimic animal eyes. I am also (no, I'm not making this up) going to pee along the fenceline all this week. If those techniques don't work, I want to buy a life-sized plastic coyote that is supposed to work well - you just set it out in the yard. Talia is less than thrilled by this approach.

I think you are on the right track Verbs, but here is a better (?) idea:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079XSX1ZP?tag=pestpointers-20

Certainly would be cheaper to empty your own bladder, but if the neighbors notice....don't know.

Baseball! How quickly the mighty fall. Actually should have taken a picture when the Nationals were, very briefly, in first place. And started out playing first game against the Yankees and demolished them. I refused to discuss the last two games. Deep sigh.

gillianleeza
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 10:39:46 PM
gillianleeza

It was so nice to have my parents for dinner yesterday. My middle son, his girlfriend, and their adorable pug came to celebrate Mother's day as well. It was a nice treat especially after a few stressful days dealing with some unfortunate new behavior my dad is exhibiting.

I'm feeling a bit discouraged about everything at the moment. Depression is a sneaky thing and I need to be alert to the symptoms. So forgive me if I am not as active.

I hope Monday was kind to everyone. I'll be in the corner enjoying some of Sarah's cookies.

Take care of yourselves, both mentally and physically. Be kind to yourself.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 6:35:25 AM
Survivor

Good morning to all Inspirators. Let's get this coffeehouse going as it should be. I've cleaned the coffee pot thoroughly and put some good Kansas River tap water and whatever coffee Scott has put under the counter. There the teakettle has been getting the water warm for tea drinkers.

I'm so sorry that you still are working with so much pain with your parents, Gill. Especially your father. We always keep you in our thoughts. It has to be so hard to keep going but you do.

One of our great friends has had surgery and is recovering. Anyone who wishes might want to go to the occasions forum thread on our sister site and leave her some thoughts.

flower
verbal
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:13:02 AM
verbal

gillianleeza wrote:
It was so nice to have my parents for dinner yesterday. My middle son, his girlfriend, and their adorable pug came to celebrate Mother's day as well. It was a nice treat especially after a few stressful days dealing with some unfortunate new behavior my dad is exhibiting.

I'm feeling a bit discouraged about everything at the moment. Depression is a sneaky thing and I need to be alert to the symptoms. So forgive me if I am not as active.

I hope Monday was kind to everyone. I'll be in the corner enjoying some of Sarah's cookies.

Cheers!

Hey Gill! Depression is insidious, you really have to keep an eye on it or it sets up house in the corner. Sorry about your Dad, that condition is such a continuingly moving target.

Woke up to snow on the rooftops this morning, but not much stuck. Just cold and rainy. Again.

No baseball last night.

I'd love a coffee. A crumb for my ant (full name Ant E. Aircraftmissles) and a big hug for that lil monkey. And everyone else!

verbal
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:44:20 AM
verbal

elizabethblack wrote:
verbal wrote:

I think you are on the right track Verbs, but here is a better (?) idea:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079XSX1ZP?tag=pestpointers-20

Certainly would be cheaper to empty your own bladder, but if the neighbors notice....don't know.

Baseball! How quickly the mighty fall. Actually should have taken a picture when the Nationals were, very briefly, in first place. And started out playing first game against the Yankees and demolished them. I refused to discuss the last two games. Deep sigh.

I SAW the wolf urine, but did you read the reviews? Every single one talked about how it smells like a skunk. I think the cure may be worse than the disease.

We'll let those blinky eyes do their thing and see what happens.
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:31:23 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi people
A large iced coffee
A beautiful day here today

*Peeking in the cookie jars and grabbing a couple of cookies*. Yay we are good shape !
* Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
Good to see everyone.
Hugs to everyone
*Molly running around and hugging everyone and chatters*

Need to get something finished today lots of half done projects.

Have a great day everyone!

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 6:16:10 AM
Survivor

Good morning. I have made the coffee. It is cooling now in my cup. The teakettle is on the stovetop.

There is really nothing going on around here that is of any interest to anyone. Sad really. Take care.

flower

verbal
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 9:41:24 AM
verbal

Sorry you are having a trying day, Larry.

Me, I'm trying to keep from watching the Mets game, which started about a half hour ago. I'm telling myself I can only start watching after I pump out 450 words (half my quota for the day). We shall see. They won a great game last night. About time to start their yearly swoon and fall into last place.

Where's Roland?

Where's Ping?

WriterGirl's story at the top of the front page is quite good - it deserves some views.

Coyotes in the yard this morning (Talia saw them, I did not). The saga continues.

I got an enthusiasts badge! Probably for blathering in here every morning. :)

Coffee and TWO cookies would hit the spot. I'll give one to Talia.

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:42:29 AM
Survivor

My Padres are playing a double-header against the Rockies today and they are currently in 2nd place in the NL West.

Jeff, you got your Enthusiasts' badge for showing up on this site for 30 days in a row. It's one of the badges I like since it is so easy to get. And you never lose it.

We have coyotes in our neighborhood. We live on the edge of town about 5 miles from a state park and lake. Tons of wildlife. We have to watch out that pets are not taken by the coyotes. A few blocks from my place I was driving down a surface road, in a neighborhood, and I passed a hill with a coyote wandering up it. Victor was with me, sitting in the front seat, and as we passed he saw the coyote. He just stared, no barking, no growling, just staring and following as we passed by turning his head to keep that coyote in view. Never seen such an intense look in my pup's eyes.

I'm afraid Ping is gone for good now.

Roland is suffering from early-onset Alzheimer's and he may be having a bad spell. We are incredibly lucky when he is able to show up for us here.

I'll have another cuppa java.

flower
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 12:02:38 PM
henrietta_fielding

Evening all. Hugs to Larry and Gill!

The coyote repellent conversation is an eye-opener! Let us know what you decide, Verbs!

A cuppa and some of Sara's wonderful cookies would do nicely.
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 12:45:59 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in my tummy
A beautiful day here not much going on at the moment
My Braves are in 3rd places in the NL East .

I do have fresh cookies !
*Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies*

In Big Bird we have : pecan divines . Oatmeal raisin cookies,snickerdoodles and white chocolate supremes
In Cookie Monster we have : ginger snaps , chocolate covered cherry cookies, cappuccino royal cookies and white chocolate supremes
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
Hope everyone has a great day
Hugs to everyone!

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 5:38:12 PM
elizabethblack

gillianleeza wrote:

Cheers!

I'm so glad you were able to have your parents and son, girlfriend and pug to dinner. How do the cats like the pug?
Sorry about your dad's behavior, it is such a hard thing you are going through. My mother had bad dementia and had such a hard time. Thank goodness we had four of us to worry and visit and care. She lived in an assisted living place for about four years and did not do well. They don't pay enough to staff the place (beautiful as it was outwardly). They ended up saying if we didn't move her into a nursing home they would put her in one themselves. One brother took her, but it was so terrible for him. The reason they didn't want her? She kept falling and lying there for hours with no one to notice.
Afraid we'd sue them.

You give yourself big hugs and take care the most important person - you.

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2021 6:39:49 AM
Survivor

Hello fellow writer and readers. It's good to see you all here. Please keep stopping by and join in if you can.

I have poured out the stale coffee and cleaned the coffee maker. Fresh coffee is brewing. It should be ready for the next person who checks in. And the teakettle is on the ready, for sure.

I may make a short trip out to return some of the stone tiles that were used to renovate our kitchen last year. I never did get around to returning what was left for a refund. And I might as well make a stop at the grocery store. The sales items are up starting today.

flower
verbal
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2021 9:53:28 AM
verbal

Woke up to no hot water this morning, which I just fixed (hopefully) for the lovely Talia. If you hear something on the news about a huge gas explosion in mid-Colorado, you'll know i did something wrong. :)

No baseball tonight. Great Mets win yesterday afternoon, beating our former ace Matt Harvey. Matt got a standing ovation, which was cool. We play Sara's Bravos next week.

I got nothin. Finished a story yesterday, but it's a VERY rough draft. Today I reread, rewrite, and try to figure out if it's any good.

Coffee would be a treat. A sugar cookie for me, and a crumb for the Ant (full name Ant E. Freeze). Hugs and treats to all the mascots!!! And to the humans!

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2021 10:18:37 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A large coffee sounds good
A beautiful day here
Got Sara napped so I'm on an adventure but she is getting her nails done and so I thought I'd pop in here

Jeff I'll bring sugar cookies tomorrow what shapes would you like ?
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
I'll peek back in later for another coffee and to tell about my adventure!
Be safe and have fun people
Hugs to everyone!

verbal
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2021 1:10:48 PM
verbal

DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi peeps

Hugs to everyone!

:)

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2021 2:25:33 PM
Mendalla

verbal wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi peeps

Hugs to everyone!

Godzilla cookies for the win.thumbup I second this motion. As long as they don't breath radioactive fire. Though I suppose that could be helpful if my tea gets cold. kekekegay

verbal
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2021 3:25:55 PM
verbal

Mendalla wrote:
verbal wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi peeps

Hugs to everyone!

Godzilla cookies for the win.thumbup I second this motion. As long as they don't breath radioactive fire. Though I suppose that could be helpful if my tea gets cold. kekekegay

Ask for a King Kong cookie. Our cookies can fight each other.