Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 7:59:44 AM
Survivor

It appears that Gav has done a little work recently on the site. I think everyone who participated in the past few writing contests here is aware of the Contestant Badges that all entrants had posted on their profile page. Until today only one of them actually displayed an illustration. We now have more if you want to check them out on your own profile, the profile of someone else who was a contestant if you didn't happen to be one yourself.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx

WriterGirl
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 9:33:12 AM
WriterGirl

Hi all! hello2

Verbal thank you for the plug on my/Mr Thespians stories.

Gil, sorry about your lingering Covid effects. Have you had the vaccine yet? My twin was a Covid long-hauler and a week after the vaccine all her remaining symptoms vanished. She's finally her old self again.

I will grab a couple goodies and go read a little. coffee
verbal
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 10:13:19 AM
verbal

Gorgeous day, and I am looking forward to it!

I sent out two stories yesterday. Five out overall now. I am taking the day off writing, eating lunch with one of my daughters, and then going out to dinner with Talia. Looking forward to all of it. I will not sully the day by watching an other Mets loss.

My Dad's birthday is today. He died just over a year ago. I still grapple with it, though as time goes by I am learning to accept his long and gentle presence in my life as a gift, rather than focus on the loss brought by his death.

Coffee and a cookie please.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 10:45:37 AM
henrietta_fielding

Happy Birthday to our wonderful Gillian!!

love7 occasion1 occasion4 occasion6

I'm glad you are starting to feel a good bit better and here's to more improvement!

Thinking of you, Verbs. (hugs)

I'm a bit stressed out here as my elderly mum is in a lot of abdominal pain and no one seems to have worked out what's wrong so far. Trying not to worry to much.

A jar full of cookies might help... I'll have a few with a cuppa.

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 11:53:56 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee would be great!

Jeff my heart goes out to you . Happy birthday to your Dad.
My mom had a birthday on the 12th of April so I totally understand
Cynthia I hope your mom feels better soon
Kim that sounds like great picks for horses

*Peeking in the cookie jars* yay the cookie bandits didn't take all the cookies today
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Have a great day and do something that makes you smile !

gillianleeza
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 2:05:41 PM
gillianleeza

Thank you everyone for the kind birthday wishes.

I was pleased my middle son surprised me by coming by. He brought me flowers and a book. He makes me smile whenever he visits and we both have the same sense of humor. My other two sons called, it's a little far for them to come.

We made a lovely seafood feast for dinner. Grilled lobster tails, blackened shrimp, garlic butterfly shrimp, and Dungeness crab legs. It's fun to splurge now and again.

Jeff, I am sorry about your dad. Having great memories I imagine is a comfort but can't make up for the loss.

Cynthia, I hope they can find out what is going on with your Mom and that she is better soon.

Kim, thank you. I hope you are feeling better now. Since the vaccine, my sense of smell has returned, and we are slowly regaining energy. It's frustrating to be so fatigued after doing normal everyday eactivies. My husband comes home from work and falls asleep, he used to have so much energy. Hopefully, that will improve as time goes on.

I love reading the names of all the horses entered into the Kentucky Derby. The Washington Post has a little contest (The Style Invitational) that has readers combine two horse's names and come up with a new and funny name.

Larry, I am pleased that the badges are sorted now and on display.

I am enjoying the cooler weather with impressive wind gusts. For some reason, the wind makes me happy.

Cheers! Have a great weekend everyone!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2021 4:49:53 AM
henrietta_fielding

Thanks, Sara and Gill. Hugs to you, Sara. My late dad's birthday was on April 13th.

Poor mum is in agony, so we have to wait and see for the blood test results and see if they shed any light on the cause.

Gill, that's so nice of your middle son. And your birthday feast sounds delicious! Hope the after effects and chronic fatigue ease for you and your husband as times goes on.

Glad you're feeling better, Kim!

Looks like I'm first in, so I'll get some coffee on the go for myself and all other Inspirators!
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2021 6:26:25 AM
Mendalla

Kettle is on for tea. Lots to choose from, both bag and loose. I'm going for Scottish Breakfast myself.

Weather has been insane here. Gusty winds yesterday that actually took down a motel sign in the South end of the city. Ottawa, where my son lives, even got a late snowfall.

I am booked for my first shot of Pfizer (most likely, Moderna is possible but we aren't getting much of it in Canada) next Thursday. Things are finally picking up here on the vaccine front and Ontario aims to have booking open for all adult citizens by the May 24 (which is a holiday here) and everyone done by July 1 or so (the next holiday). Lockdown still in effect and the experts say it should stay in place until that first round of vaccinations is done but our government seems increasingly reluctant to listen to the experts (not that they have ever been very good at that).

Have a nice weekend!

(And Gil, that seafood feast sounds wonderful. We used to do a seafood "buffet" for our family New Year's Eve meal).

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2021 6:46:32 AM
Survivor

It's nice seeing both of you here this morning, Cynthia and Scott. And doing all the morning chores, how lovely.

I am not sure what it is. I must be much older than most of us here. I lost my parents long ago, it seems. My father passed in 1994 on December 28. I remember that 4 years later, on the same date in 1998, I quit smoking. In 2006 I lost my mother. On March 8th, which is International Women's Day. I always thought that was appropriate for her. She was such a wonderful woman.

I've used both of my parents for writing ideas here on site. It's a great way to remember them.

I'll have some of the coffee, Cynthia.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:46:03 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here
Not much going on here the flowers are blooming and birdies are chirping their song
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy .
Late start to my morning ... Ugh little sisters !
*Peeks in the cookie jars* still in good shape yay!
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
Hope everyone has a great day! grommit

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2021 1:20:46 PM
Mendalla

Just going to relax with an iced tea and some cookies. Cut the grass and did some other yard stuff. Nice weather for it. The breeze is a bit chilly but I was pushing the mower so the sweat I worked up kind of cancelled that out.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 6:10:06 AM
Survivor

Another day, another cuppa java. The coffee is prepared and the teakettle is on. The pup has been walked. Miss Purr is on the futon cleaning herself, and Victor is beside me licking his feet.

Let's get the day on the way.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 9:13:18 AM
Rumple_deWriter

How y'all are? My son and his two wonder dogs, Ziggy and Simon, spent most of yesterday futzing with my computer settings, then sitting out back while the dogs played in the backyard, and (drum roll) went to Wal-Mart. I have no idea how long it's been since I last entered Wally World.
BIG HUGS to all needing such an overt desplay of affection and support. Everyone else gets regular HUGS to celebrate their not needing one of those BIG HUGS.

Think (in a manner of speakin) I'll take my coffee and cookies over to the corner table, grab me a comfy chair and meditate on something or other.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 12:07:01 PM
henrietta_fielding

Evening, Inspirators!

Sara, hope you've had a nice, quiet day and Scott too!

Thanks for the setup, Larry! And Bill that sounds like a busy and productive day! I'm sure it was great to see your son and Ziggy and Simon the wonder dogs.

Mum got rushed to A&E by ambulance today. After a whole bunch of blood tests showing nothing much is amiss, she's back home in bed with muscle relaxants to help with the pain. And breathe.

It was a long afternoon waiting to hear for any news so hugs are gratefully received!

I'll grab a lemongrass tea and a handful of Sara's delicious cookies!
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 1:25:16 PM
DenimAngel

Hi everyone
A beautiful day here
A large coffee would be great

Time for fresh cookies
*Cleaning out the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and letting them dry *
*Filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies*
In Big Bird we have : pecan divines, apple cinnamon whippersnappers, pineapple coconut, oatmeal raisin cookies and butterscotch crunch cookies
In Cookie Monster we have : apple cinnamon whippersnappers, pineapple coconut coconut cookies, ginger snaps and butterscotch crunch cookies
* Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
Stay safe everyone!

verbal
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 2:12:06 PM
verbal

More lawn work though I think we're done for the day. The guy who un-wintertized our sprinkler system did a crappy job - I found two sectors that need work. Grrr. Hopefully they'll come back and do the job right with no extra charge.

Occasional thunderstorms today, which is perfect lawn weather for me. Not too hot, not too much sun, an occasional sprinkle of rain to keep me cool and the air smelling lovely.

The Mets actually won a game! Lost first place, though, as well as a winning record. If we win tonight we can take the series. LOTS of bad blood between the Mets and Phillies this year.

Going to a virtual party tonight. Really don't wanna go, but I'll put in an appearance.

I hope everyone is doing well. Gill, hope your birthday rocked.

A lite beer please. And a COOKIE!
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 2:15:59 PM
Survivor

henrietta_fielding wrote:
Evening, Inspirators!

Sara, hope you've had a nice, quiet day and Scott too!

Thanks for the setup, Larry! And Bill that sounds like a busy and productive day! I'm sure it was great to see your son and Ziggy and Simon the wonder dogs.

Mum got rushed to A&E by ambulance today. After a whole bunch of blood tests showing nothing much is amiss, she's back home in bed with muscle relaxants to help with the pain. And breathe.

It was a long afternoon waiting to hear for any news so hugs are gratefully received!

I'll grab a lemongrass tea and a handful of Sara's delicious cookies!

Such a horrible thing to have to go through, especially watching Mum in pain and nothing one can do. Lots of hugs, dear Cynthia.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 5:05:32 AM
Rumple_deWriter

It's another Moanday mourning. Sorry about that. Curvy, glad to hear your mother is back home. Please keep us posted.

Now that those new fangled do-dads Larry mentioned recently are available (sorry about all that high tech jargon) I'm wondering if a small challenge of some sort might be a goodness.
Please feel inspired to share your thoughts, assuming you have any. BTW, 'Are you nuts? would, imo, constitute a valid comment. ;)

In case you were wondering, yes, the coffee pot is now rinsed, rubbed and refilled with primo coffee and the finest tap water available. The Tea Kettle got some of that exotic H2O and is ready to help the tea sippers and choc-o-holics among us.

Me, I've filled my mug, grabbed a handful of Sarah's pineapple/coconut cookies (don't tell her I done it, okay?) Thus equipped, I'll now head for a comfy chair at the corner table to await further developments.

Survivor
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 6:14:34 AM
Survivor

No worries, Bill. Sara loves for us to enjoy her cookies. Unless we leave her with dry crumbs. No one here would do that.

Good morning to the Storied crew. Glad to see anyone who cares to drop by. Have a great day and try to write some either inspiring or hilarious. Both are fine.

flower

verbal
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 10:15:55 AM
verbal

Sorry to hear about your mom, Henrietta. I hope she feels better soon.

Cold and rainy here. What a weird cold Spring this has been.

Not much on the agenda. Have a writer's critique tonight, and one of my stories is in the hopper, so that should be fun, if nerve-wracking.

Mets won a crazy one last night. Mets and Elizabeth's Nats are tied for first, albeit with anemic .500 records. Sara's Bravos are in the basement, but the season is young. And over there in the West, Bill's D-Backs and Padres are the only winning records from the Inspirations crew. Roland, you love baseball clearly, but I can't figure out which team you are a fan of. Or are you just a fan of the game?

Other than that, write, have a lovely dinner with Talia, and watch a time delay of the game later tonight. Sounds like the framework for a lovely day.

Coffee and a cookie please!
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 12:57:07 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful but windy day here
A large coffee would be great.. slow start to my day.

*peeking in the cookie jars* still in good shape
I love when people enjoy the cookies I bake it makes me smile.
Hope everyone is having a great day
Stay safe ! grommit

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 1:16:02 PM
henrietta_fielding

Evening, Inspirators!

Thanks, Bill, Larry and Verbs. Mum is still in agony, bless her and got the ambulance out again early this morning. The medics are convinced it's something muscular so hopefully, the muscle relaxants she's been prescribed will help her, fingers crossed.

Wild day today with hailstorms galore!

I'd love a handful of your cookies with a cuppa, Sara!
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 4:32:59 AM
Rumple_deWriter

May the 4th be with you!

Yep, it's national Star Wars Day. Misbehave accordingly. ;)

Curvy, more best wishes heading your way for both you and your mother along with many thanks for keeping us posted on her condition.

The coffee pot has been rinsed out, then filled with Louisiana dark roast coffee and water of uncertin origin. The tea kettle didn't seem to mind getting its share of the liquid, so give it a try.

Having filled my mug with the good stuff and raided the cookie jars, I'll now assume the sitting position at the corner table and wonder where is Princess Leia now that we need her.

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:22:24 AM
Survivor

Victor and I are up and about. I have myself a fresh cuppa java.

I'll need to get going to do some shopping. I have a few necessities to put into the larder shelves.

By the way, I did submit a poem last night but it is still in the queue. Perhaps some dear mod will get to it today.

flower

verbal
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 9:46:29 AM
verbal

Still cold and rainy? Check.

The Mets suffer another embarrassing loss last night? Check. They fired all their hitting coaches because, well, they can't hit.

Coyotes still sneaking into the back yard? Check. I saw one attack a squirrel last night ABOUT 15 FEET FROM MY HEAD! DURING MY CRITIQUE GROUP!!! Luckily there was a pane of glass separating us. Today I am deciding on our coyote repellent strategies. I'm gonna make a couple noisemakers out of soda cans and pennies, and set out air horns, so that we can make a ton of noise the nest time we see one.

I'm also going pour MY OWN URINE along the fenceline, in an attempt to establish territory and keep them at bay. Talia, incredibly, approves.

Time to write? Check.

Coffee and a cookie and a hug from that lil monkey and I'll be on my way.

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:30:29 PM
DenimAngel

Hi peeps
A beautiful day here even if it's really warm
A large iced coffee sounds good to me
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT
*putting birthday balloons EVERYWHERE *
I have fresh cookies today ..*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with cookies*
I have sugar cookies for the star wars day and. Birthday cookies for the Ape's birthday!
Star Wars logo , Chewbacca, Yoda , ewoks, r2d2 and cp3o

The birthday cookies are pecan divines with birthday sprinkles and candles drawn on them
Have a great day everyone.not much going on here .

verbal
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:31:56 PM
verbal

Mendalla wrote:
Just going to relax with an iced tea and some cookies. Cut the grass and did some other yard stuff. Nice weather for it. The breeze is a bit chilly but I was pushing the mower so the sweat I worked up kind of cancelled that out.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ya big ape!
gillianleeza
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 4:06:06 PM
gillianleeza

Happy Birthday, Scott. I hope you have been having a good day and that the fourth is with you. Hopefully, you're a Star Wars fan.

Cynthia, I hope your Mom gets some relief from the medications.

It's been a preview of summer here with temps up to ninety and humidity. I finally relented and turned on the AC after a night of tossing and turning.

We've been having some big thunderstorms so that's brought the temp down and helps with the pollen. I both love and hate spring for many reasons.

I'll take some cookies and be in the corner catching up on some reading.

Cheers Everyone!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:24:59 PM
Mendalla

Thanks for the birthday wishes all. I celebrated in style by letting a woman stab me in the arm.Eh?

Okay, let me rephrase that ... I celebrated in style by getting my first dose of Pfizer.hello1 And having takeout from my favorite Viet-Thai place for dinner (still no dining rooms here, else might have gone for all-you-can-eat sushi instead).

Verbal wrote:
I'm also going pour MY OWN URINE along the fenceline, in an attempt to establish territory and keep them at bay. Talia, incredibly, approves.

Sure you're not sure just making up an excuse to explain to Talia why you peed on the fence? evil4

We have coyotes around here but I have never seen them personally. There's warnings around the area, though. Supposed to be careful around the valley West of me and the two wooded areas in my neighbourhood around dusk and dawn.

Putting on the kettle for some herbal tea to go with my cookies. One of each droid, I think.

elizabethblack
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:26:44 PM
elizabethblack

henrietta_fielding wrote:
Evening, Inspirators!

Thanks, Bill, Larry and Verbs. Mum is still in agony, bless her and got the ambulance out again early this morning. The medics are convinced it's something muscular so hopefully, the muscle relaxants she's been prescribed will help her, fingers crossed.

Wild day today with hailstorms galore!

My heart goes out to your Mum and yourself dear Cynthia. It is so upsetting to have a loved one you are trying to help and there is no answer.

I have a couple of little (compared to your Mum) things that have kept me rather quiet. The biggest one is my eyes. They have been bothering me and after getting in to see my favorite Optometrist, he surprised me by telling me he can't even give me a Rx for glasses because my pupils are like sandpaper. He has no idea why but I will continue to not be able to see well until it is figured out. Waiting for call from eye surgeon's office to se me up an appointment.

Don't forget to take care of yourself and I hope the weather warms and the skies clear. And the moon shines moonbeams on you all night long.

Love you my friend,
Elizabeth