Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2021 2:37:59 PM
DenimAngel

verbal wrote:
Mendalla wrote:
Welcome to our little cafe, WriterGirl. Please to make yer acquaintance.

After a lovely day yesterday in which we got a ton of yardwork done, today is chilly and blustery. Spring in Ontario. Gotta love it. (Or move to BC where things are bit less variable)

I see verbal hasn't been in to help the monkey finish off the cookies so I'll just grab a couple to have with my afternoon green tea.

Me and the monkey thank you for the remaining cookies, Sara (and for Scott for leaving us some)!

Fun baseball weekend, and it's so cool that we have this place to talk about baseball! DeGrom pitched a gem of a game on Friday, though the Nats humiliated the Mets the next day. Tatis, of Larry's Padres, hit two home runs against the Dodgers on the anniversary of his Dad hitting two grand slams against the Dodgers. Dodgers/Padres is gonna be a massive rivalry this year, a knock down, drag out fight for the division. Bill's D-Backs are beating up on Sara's Braves as I type this. What a great game.

Attending a video writers conference this weekend. It's pretty good - last session is imminent. I have a novel all plotted out on paper BUT I am scared to type out that first word and begin the journey.

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend.

Iced tea and one little cookie please.

What's a little cookie ? (Giggles)

rolandlytle
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2021 7:00:41 PM
rolandlytle

WriterGirl wrote:

Hi Spacers hello2

First time in. Bill invited me. Gillian, I am going to try those youtube videos on my two furballs. I can't wait to see their reactions!

Anyways, I am enjoying the peace and quiet on this site. Just looking for a place to improve my writing hopefully... all critiques are welcome!

I think I will grab a cookie and a spot on the couch. I am reading JPemment1 stories at the moment... very good!

Have a great rest of your Sunday flower

Hi WriterGirl. Welcome to the Inspritors.

Nice to have another cat person here. Cat people are, by nature, purrfect.

I hope everyone starts off their week at full speed, making life work for you. If not, do what I do, whine.

The Brewers/Cubs game is tight, with the Brewers leading 1-0 after five innings. Francisco Tatis not only hit those two homers but including the next day, he hit two more home run, making it four homers in two days

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Survivor
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 6:22:47 AM
Survivor

Good morning, fellow writers. It appears the Brewers kept going and got their win with 6 - 0 over the Cubbies. Sorry, Roland.

It's always lovely to see new faces in the coffee house, WG. I can see you are an enthusiastic author. You have settled into the right place for it here at our little site.

The coffee pot is really quite clean. I have the perfect blend of java making a great brew for my fellow Inspirators. The tea kettle is awaiting the pouring to make a perfect cuppa tea.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx

WriterGirl
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 6:49:41 AM
WriterGirl

Mornin, Spacers hello2

Happy to be here. Full disclosure, some of you know me already, but I would love this to be my quiet getaway from crowds on other site. You may call me, Kim, in here if you wish. Outside these walls, I want to be simply writergirl, just hoping to explore my writing more over here, trying new things, improving.

Big news in my state is our girls volleyball team took home the national title!cheerleader clapping cheerleader

Usually boys basketball gets all the attention, so happy to see the girls get some accolades!

I will happily take a cookie! Have a nice day, everyone flower
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 8:09:59 AM
Rumple_deWriter

It's Monday, odds are that's not gonna change for some time now. Sorry about that.

I'm betting y'all expected me to come in here bragging about the D-backs shutting out the Braves twice while allowing only one hit -- total.yesterday. Who, me? Rag our beloved cookie queen? Never happen. I'm way too polite, not to mention shy, and most of all chicken to try anything like that. Besides, don't know about the rest of you, but as for me, I'm just glad I'm not the Braves hitting coach. ;)

Writer Gal, welcome to this scene
of old world culture and charm.

With a full coffee mug in one hand while the other holds on to some of those fresh oatmeal raisin cookies, I'll go settle down in a comfy chair and quietly gloat.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

verbal
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 9:48:49 AM
verbal

Nice to see you here Kim.

So I have the outline of a novel sitting on big sheets of art paper, mocking me, daring me to start. I'm scared to pull the trigger. I tried writing this a couple years ago and got bogged down a few chapters in, so I'm reluctant to end up with a similar fate this time. But the writer's conference has me all jazzed to give it another try. So we shall see - I've got a couple short stories in the hopper now, but after that....

No Mets baseball tonight. We play the BoSox tomorrow. That Padres-Dodgers series was epic, Larry! Tatis hit FIVE home runs in three games! Did you see his "one eyed" jog around the bases?

Gorgeous, gorgeous day today. Time to write, with a long walk later. Yay!

Coffee and two cookies, please. If that cute lil monkey would like a cookies, please give her one for me too.

Peace.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 10:54:05 AM
henrietta_fielding

Welcome, Kim! Great to see you here. :)

Fingers crossed for the novel, Verbs! Hopefully, second time around it will flow for you!

I'll grab a tea and see if Sara has left any cookies!
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 1:08:44 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A beautiful but windy day here.
A large coffee would be fantastic!
*peeking in the cookie jars* we are in great shape help yourselves to some cookies
Hope everyone is doing great !

Hi hi hi KIM good to see you here .. this is a great place to hang out

Great baseball games even if the Braves lost (pfft)

Hope everyone has a great day

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 3:34:22 PM
Mendalla

Hey, just came up with a great new addition. I put some baseball gloves, balls, and bats out by the back door. If anyone wants to play catch out in the back or hit a few, there you go.

* sound of breaking glass *

Just watch out for the ... um ... yeah ... neighbour's windows. Um, okay, maybe we'll skip the bats.

Good evening. So-so weather day here but I was working so didn't affect me much. Our health officer tweeted today that either at risk (which include me due to health issues) or my age band will probably come up for vaccination eligibility this week so I am probably in either way.

So hopefully back to the office more regularly soon. They say Pfizer gives decent protection after two weeks and my office is pretty good about precautions (they are even supplying medical masks since we are in healthcare and have to stock them for the frontline workers anyhow).

Having a tea and a couple cookies. * scowls at monkey when she tries to snarf one I wanted *

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 4:10:22 PM
DenimAngel

Mendalla wrote:
Hey, just came up with a great new addition. I put some baseball gloves, balls, and bats out by the back door. If anyone wants to play catch out in the back or hit a few, there you go.

* sound of breaking glass *

Just watch out for the ... um ... yeah ... neighbour's windows. Um, okay, maybe we'll skip the bats.

Good evening. So-so weather day here but I was working so didn't affect me much. Our health officer tweeted today that either at risk (which include me due to health issues) or my age band will probably come up for vaccination eligibility this week so I am probably in either way.

So hopefully back to the office more regularly soon. They say Pfizer gives decent protection after two weeks and my office is pretty good about precautions (they are even supplying medical masks since we are in healthcare and have to stock them for the frontline workers anyhow).

Having a tea and a couple cookies. * scowls at monkey when she tries to snarf one I wanted *

*Hides the bat* umm I didn't do ..
*Molly the monkey offers you a pecan divine and a butterscotch marshmallow cookie as a peace offering*

rolandlytle
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 6:23:29 PM
rolandlytle

Salutations All!

Hi, Kim. I wish I could find some volleyball on my channels, as I do not have ESPN. I loved playing VB in the navy. I even got to play on a British team while posted to an RAF base. I was a top-notch digger.
You and Al make quite a team.

I wish playing catch was still possible, Scott. Playing catch with my grandkids would be great.

Jeff, your talent is obvious. Trust yourself. The hardest part is sitting down and typing. Please keep us updated so that I can buy your book. Can I pre-order?

I am not a fan of the seven-inning doubleheaders, but it should count as one if that is a complete game. If the pitcher throws a shutout, it counts as a complete game and a shutout. Madison Bumgarner pitched a no-hitter but did not count as one. That is wrong.

My son and daughter-in-law will not get the vaccine because they are young (in their thirties), and it will not affect them. When I explained why it was a good idea and did not cost anything, they told me it was not my business because Liz and I have had our shots. My youngest son and his wife are very headstrong, but I still respect and love them both.

Karl (Actung) has written a very nice piece of prose, 'Butterfly.' I recommend it.

Have a great day; my granddaughter has come in to play with the kittens.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
gillianleeza
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 9:17:59 PM
gillianleeza

Kim welcome, Stories Space is the perfect place to relax, enjoy reading, and sharing your writing.

Larry, you are always here bright and early. I wish I enjoyed coffee or tea so we could have a cup together. I hope you got your dining room together.

Cynthia, it's always a pleasure to see you here.

Roland, I used to love playing catch with my boys and all the other sports they tried over the years. I could probably use that kind of exercise again.

Verbal, good luck with your novel. I'll be one of the first in line to buy a copy when you finish it.

Sarah, I am sure you weren't responsible for any stray baseballs. You were too busy refilling the cookie jars. kekekegay

Scott, I'm glad you are getting your first shot.

My middle son and his girlfriend got their shots and my youngest is getting his next week. The oldest for reasons I don't understand is taking a wait-and-see approach. He's a scientist so I don't get it, but that is his choice. We have agreed to disagree. sigh...

I am happy that my husband and I are done with both Covid and the shots. I am ecstatic to be mostly rid of that virus. We both have a few lingering effects from the original infection. Hopefully, over time they will resolve themselves.

I hope everyone had a good Monday.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:05:01 AM
Rumple_deWriter

It's Tuesday. Do you know where your Monday went? Beats me.

Y'all are hereby invited and urged to check out Verbals new sci-fi story. If I ever get my brain in gear (doubtful but possible) I'll stop back by and post a link.

The coffee pot has been rinsed and sorta wiped down, then filled with whatever coffee Mendalla left under the counter and water from the Dry Prong municiple reservoir. The tea kettle got water from the same pristine source.

Thanks to our cookie countess, there are still a few oatmeal raisin cookies left for me to swipe. Then with a full mug of coffee and my luscious loot, I'll snag a comfy chair and wait to find out what happens next.

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 6:48:22 AM
Survivor

Thanks for getting the coffee house ready for work this morning, Bill. I surely need that coffee.

I got a message from my personal day laborer letting me know he can do some work for us. We need a roof covering over our pergola in the back. I put the black metal pergola in myself some years ago, but the wife wants some kind of covering to keep the sun out when she is sitting on the patio furniture.

We've accepted his offer and now await his actual agreement to perform the work at some time soon. The materials will cost $300 and the labor will be $300. That seems perfect to me. I expect it to be a one-day job.

flower

verbal
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:33:41 AM
verbal

Thanks for the shout out Bill. Yes, I have a sci-fi story up on the front page. Check it out if you find the time. I don't live too far from the actual Cheyenne Mountain and NORAD, so I always have conspiracy theories about it swimming around in my head.

Anyway: Ghosts of Cheyenne Mountain is here - https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/science-fiction/-ghosts-of-cheyenne-mountain-.aspx

Thanks as well everyone who gave me encouragement about the novel. I am hitting the brakes a little--I think I got overly jazzed during the writer's conference and was ready to fire up all the jets and take off. But I still need to make more notes. I want to do this right. Maybe in a month or so. Soon. But not yet.

Mets play the BoSox tonight. We are still, bizarrely, in first place. We also have played 5 fewer games than almost anyone else. And Roland, don't get me started about 7 inning games. Grrr.

I think we should take up a collection to pay for the window that someone (Sara...?) broke with the baseball yesterday.

Coffee and a little monkey chow on a cracker please.
WriterGirl
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:37:23 AM
WriterGirl

Good afternoon, creative people hello2

Verbal, go get that novel! I say this is your time. Whenever I get an idea that comes around again I pursue it. I have heard you talk of a novel before. Just start and see where it leads ...

I am getting my first vaccine dose tmrw ... finally!! Had to wait on imaging to come back ok from Dr. Also, anyone who has had Covid, my sister has struggled with lingering fatigue for months. Well, it cleared up a week after her 1st vaccine. She is so happy. Supposedly many Covid long-haulers are experiencing full recovery after the vaccine.

I will grab a few yummy cookies and have to get back to my real job.

Have a great day! flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:58:36 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A beautiful day here even if it's a little windy
A large coffee pretty please

*Giggles* a collection for the broken window would be a good idea
Jeff wouldn't you prefer a cookie over monkey chow ?

*Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies*
In Big Bird we have. Chocolate chip cookies, pineapple coconut cookies, strawberry pinwheels and butterscotch crunch cookies
In Cookie Monster we have White chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter and banana cookies, strawberry pinwheels and butterscotch crunch cookies
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like baseballs*

Hope everyone is having a great day
Be safe !

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 6:13:22 AM
Survivor

Good morning, folks. The coffee is in the process of brewing after I put it into the cleansed percolator and added some delicious French roast. There is always lots of water just ready for brewing tea for the patrons.

It is perfect weather outside this morning. The temperature is 67F/19C degrees at the moment.

It is rather exciting to see so many new faces here on our site recently. I wonder how long it may last.

Let's have a great day, and be careful out there.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 7:45:03 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Happy Hump Day greetings to all Spacers. I agree, approximately 100% with Survivor about newbies being a goodness. Let me suggest that all who frequent Inspirations invite writers to drop in, especially those whose work has caught your attention.

With Larry having cranked up the coffee and tea making machines while the supply of Sarah cookies remains adequate, he says, checking for any oatmeal raisin cookies, I'll treat myself to some of both. It's a bit nippy outside (55f), but a stint in the great outdoors is calling me. Y'all put on a sweater or light jacket and come join in whatever is going on.

verbal
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 10:10:34 AM
verbal

Man, that monkey chow sucks! I'm back to coffee and cookies.

The Mets look awful, everyone else in the NL East looks worse. No one has a winning record in the entire division! Weird.

Writing a little today. Finishing a serious story about drug addiction that I guess is in the Urban Horror genre, then starting a goofier one about death crickets, before I go to the dentist. Wah. My evening: pain pills and baseball.

I have an idea for a story that might be a good fit for another site, but don't want to get sidetracked.

WriterGirl has an excellent first two chapters on the front page, btw.

Cookies and coffee please. And here's a dollar toward the "Sara broke the window" fund.

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 12:37:06 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A cloudy day here
A large hot chocolate with a truckload of mini marshmallows would be great

Not much going on here
* Sits a glass jar on the counter "broken glass fund"*

Jeff Molly won't go anywhere near monkey chow .
Bill the weather stinks today
Larry thank you for making coffee and filling the tea kettle

*Peeking in the cookie jars* yay we are in good shape
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*

Have a great day and do something that makes you smile!

gillianleeza
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 7:45:58 PM
gillianleeza

I think I must have missed the monkey chow description. I think I'll skip it.

One of my lingering issues with Covid has been the loss of taste and smell. They have both been slowly improving. I didn't mind not smelling some things. Before I realized I had lost my sense of smell I was convinced that the new kitty litter brand I was using was working amazingly well. My husband informed me it was not, lol. At least food cooking doesn't smell like it is burning anymore. It's such a weird virus.

It's been unseasonably warm the last two days with temps in the nineties. I prefer cooler temps.

I'll be curled up in the corner catching up on my reading and enjoying the cool breeze blowing in through the broken window. Mmm, I wonder how that happened.

Have a great week everyone.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:02:25 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Hi ya, Gill! (BIG HUT) Here's hoping you keep getting mo' better.

As for the rest of the Inspirations 'in' crowd, I'd pass along cheery remarks except the coffee pot and tea kettle both need attention.

With those Herculian task out of the way, I'm grabbing a handful of Sarah's goodies and a mug full of Whatever the heck kind of coffee I used and take myself over to the corner table to meditate on compound disinterest and other financial matters.

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 6:10:56 AM
Survivor

I'll say a happy good morn to Bill for the coffee, and get this day on its way.

The neighborhood grass is being mowed by the lawn service. That is a nice thing to have after I spent years mowing hundreds of acres of grass with a powered push mower. I cannot believe all of the harsh grunt labor I did around my homes when I could have hired someone to do it so easily. Not anymore.

flower

verbal
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:54:03 AM
verbal

I don't know what was worse, the dentist or the Mets wasting anothing fine DeGrom pitching effort. How can you only allow three runs in two games but lose them both? At least they don't play tonight, which will save me the aggravation.

Gill, monkey chow is best left undescribed.

Not much else going on. I have plantar's wart I'm getting looked at today. If they freeze it off, maybe it'll be grist for another horror story!

Sunny and warm today. Should be a nice day. Writing and coffee await me.

Me and that lil monkey will be in the corner with the cookies. A coffee if you please.
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:46:07 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A beautiful day here today warm and sunny
A large iced coffee sounds good to me
not much going on here today hoping to get some writing done.

I have fresh cookies today !
*Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top*
In Big Bird we have : oatmeal raisin cookies, pecan divines,cheery cherry cookies and fudgy chocolate chip cookies
In Cookie Monster we have: ginger snaps, peanut butter and banana cookies, cheery cherry cookies and chocolate covered strawberry cookies

*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
Hope everyone is having a great day and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GILLIAN!

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 6:56:26 PM
Mendalla

verbal wrote:

Writing a little today. Finishing a serious story about drug addiction that I guess is in the Urban Horror genre, then starting a goofier one about death crickets, before I go to the dentist. Wah. My evening: pain pills and baseball.

So, um, how autobiographical is that story, anyhow? evil4

(Just teasing)

Good evening. A lemon-ginger herbal tea and some pecan divines would be ... well ... divine. icon_biggrin

Ontario has, somewhat out of the blue, launched an incredibly aggressive update to the vaccination plan. And among other things, that means I am eligible to book a slot as of 8am tomorrow.hello1

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 6:57:42 PM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GILLIAN!

Bday1 toast occasion1 occasion4

WriterGirl
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 6:00:47 AM
WriterGirl

Happy Birthday, Gillian!! hello1 occasion4

I was down for a few days with effects from the vaccine but better now.

And it's Derby weekend in the bluegrass!!! Slowest 2 minutes in sports! Ha!

I have my bets in on Midnight Bourbon and Highly Motivated ... we will see what happens!

Have a great Friday! flower
Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 6:39:16 AM
Survivor

Good morning, WG. I see no one has made coffee yet so I will do that. It doesn't take long.

There the percolator is cleaned, fresh Kansas River water added along with the French Roast and we will soon have java.

The teakettle is on, as well.

I am updating my system software now on both of my computers. I'll see how long that takes.

flower