Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:37:39 PM
Rumple_deWriter

How y'all are? Me, I'm doing fair to middlin'. On a bit of an upper 'cause I had a steak dinner at my granddaughters' place yesterday evening and that New York Strip from Costco was scrumptious. ;)

Think I'll get me a mug full of coffee and a handful of Sarah's oatmeal raisin cookies and go sit outside under the shade of one of dem big cacctus thingies, and commune with nature while fighting off the doves hell-bent on stealing my cookies. ;)

Later, Inspirators. glasses8.

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

rolandlytle
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 5:33:13 PM
rolandlytle

Hello, my fellow Spacers.

I am refinancing my house, and I hate paperwork. It is not as bad as buying my home because I am using the VA, but hunting for all the documents makes my brain hurt.

Gill that is the best peepshow I have seen in a long time, yummy.

Larry, I have been around for a long time, and I have never been in a time I would call normal.

Jeff, I am looking forward to tonight,s baseball game. I hope it is warmer. Last night's temperatures were chilling. Baseball plays differently in weather below 4c. I believe it contributed to the three misplayed infield groundballs last night, which lead to the Met's defeat. I am very political, and I agree with your analysis of the importance of the courts over the last few years. Plus, it is nice not to wake up to a new scandal every day. The George Floyd verdict was a welcome change and a big step forward.

Bill, a dinner with your granddaughter and steak! That is a great day.

BTW, Spacers, tomorrow is Earthday!
145 years ago, tomorrow was the very first NL baseball game. The Boston Red Caps beat the Philadelphia Athletics.

I am off, and everyone, have a wonderful day.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:19:41 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Happy Earth Day, fellow Earthlings.

Just a personal observation; Ain't nothing normal about a time when the Yankees are last in the American League East. ;)

The coffee making machine has been rinsed out then filled with dark roast coffee and tap water. Same goes for the tea kettle except it was spared the dark roast coffee.

The Morning Doves are still going strong after waking me about an hour ago. This being retired is one challenge after another, believe you me. Think I'll take my coffee and some of Sarah's oatmeal raisin cookies over to the corner table, grab a comfy chair and wonder if football season will ever arrive.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:51:44 AM
Survivor

Good morning, Bill. Thanks for the coffee. I posted a nice picture in the Earth Day celebration thread. Happy Earth Day fellow earthlings.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx

verbal
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2021 10:12:40 AM
verbal

Bill, your comments about the Yankees being in last place reminded me of the old Senators slogan: First in war, first in peace, last in the American League.

Roland, the Mets getting BEAT DOWN by the Cubs last night was almost certainly due to all those errors, which I agree are due to weather, and the inability of the Mets to play several days in a row and get into a rhythm. They are, shockingly, still in first place, ut the Cubbies go for the sweep tonight.

I did a Youtube reading last night that went really well. Lots of good writers, appreciative audience. I love how writing brings people together, and helps them understand the world they live in. That why places like this site, and other writing sites, and readings are so important, and so life-affirming.

God Bless Writing.

And Coffee.

Yes, I'd love a cup.
rolandlytle
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2021 1:33:29 PM
rolandlytle

Happy Earth Day to all!!!: flower cheerleader

It is warming up a little. Tonight's Mets vs. Cubs game should be a little more normal, with the temperatures at 10ºc to 7ºc about 6ºc higher than the last two games. Even though last night was a blowout, Francisco Lindor had a good game, and Pete Alonso smashed a homer clear out of the park. We got to see Javier Baez hit left-handed, and Luis Guillorme got to pitch an inning for two consecutive years.

Do not worry about the Yankees, Bill. They will not be in last long. They have a great team this year.

I loved the celebratory photo for Earth Day, Larry.

I will have some green tea and a biscuit today as I sit looking out the window and then read awhile. Maybe I will play with Molly too.

I hope everyone has a productive day, Spacers.

If I did not have Grammarly and several good dictionaries and thesauruses, I would be lost in the deep weeds.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
elizabethblack
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2021 4:43:44 PM
elizabethblack

verbal wrote:
Bill, your comments about the Yankees being in last place reminded me of the old Senators slogan: First in war, first in peace, last in the American League.

Oh dear. Did the Senators really have that for a slogan. Must have been before my time.

I am already feeling sorry for the Mets coming up against the mighty Nats tomorrow. I hope it's not too ugly. The Nationals have been laying back to surprise the silly Mets with their first meet of the season.

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:16:24 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A very late drop in spent the day helping a friend price furniture for her air bandb
Then we went to Walmart to price the little things. And pickup a few things then my most favorite store ever DOLLAR TREE!
A small coffee would be great.
Now waiting for an Amazon order to find it's way to me
*Peeking in the cookie jars* still in pretty good shape
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
I'm all tuckered out ..

Have a great evening everyone!

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 4:27:51 AM
Rumple_deWriter

TGIF greetings to all who enter. The coffee pot has been rinsed, then filled with Louisiana dark roast coffee and water from down on da bayou.

Thanks to Sarah, a couple of her oatmeal raisin cookies have found a home in one of my hands while the other hand supports a very full coffee mug.

Me, I'm heading for a comfy chair at the corner table where I'll commence doing as little as possible.

Y'all come join me if you get a chance.

Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 6:21:55 AM
Survivor

Morning coffee is calling and luckily it is right here.

The wife has decided to change the decor of the dining area. We sold all of the antique oak chairs and have now started receiving the delivery of new-fangled ones that come at the front door. I'm presently putting a pair of them together.

We're hoping that the final freeze has passed over us and we can put out some new flowers in the garden.

flower

verbal
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 10:04:02 AM
verbal

elizabethblack wrote:
verbal wrote:

Oh dear. Did the Senators really have that for a slogan. Must have been before my time.

I am already feeling sorry for the Mets coming up against the mighty Nats tomorrow. I hope it's not too ugly. The Nationals have been laying back to surprise the silly Mets with their first meet of the season.

Oh, it's likely to be ugly Elizabeth. We committed 5 errors in one inning against the Cubs this week, and got swept, seemingly effortlessly.

If we win one game this weekend it'll be a miracle. They are playing so poorly.

Not much else going on. It's Talia's birthday! I've been trying to get her to pop her head in here. Perhaps soon.

There's a virtual writing conference here this weekend - it was live before and will be live again, but this year it's virtual. I expect to learn a lot - it's my first one.

Coffee and a cookie please. I'll be here writing and petting the monkey (not a euphemism).

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 11:41:06 AM
DenimAngel

Hi everyone
A iced coffee sounds yummy in my tummy
A beautiful day here .
Maybe get some writing done unless something comes up.

Today's offerings are fun sugar cookies Spring Theme
Bees , butterflies, tulips, daisies, garden trowels and flower vases

*Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies and leaving a platter of cookies on the counter*
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*

Jeff Molly likes to be petted

Good to see everyone here today
Be safe and have fun day doing whatever makes you happy

rolandlytle
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 12:53:11 PM
rolandlytle

Hello, fellow Spacers.

Sara, your trowel-shaped cookies bring back a memory from my youth. Art Linkletter used to say, "Kids Say the Darndest Things." They do the darndest things too. Several friends and I were playing in the backyard. We were in the 4th grade. I pilfered a box of ice cream from the icebox, forgot to get spoons. We tried our fingers, but you can imagine how poorly that worked. I checked our shed and found a trowel. After I used my shirt to clean it off, we took turns using it to eat the ice cream—what a mess. I got in big trouble because the ice cream was meant for my sister's birthday.

The Mets vs. Cubs game last night was a nail-biter. Especially in extra innings.

The Mets/Nationals series should be a great one to watch. I know I am going to enjoy it.

A cuppa and a trowel cookie for me today. I must runoff. There is a lot of paperwork waiting for me.

I hope all of you have following seas today.

I noticed that today is the 16th anniversary of the first YouTube video. After just 16 years, YouTube has become a juggernaut. I spend hours every day on YouTube, and it is where I get my news.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 2:13:15 PM
henrietta_fielding

Evening, all!

Just popping in to catch up with everyone's news. Sorry I can't join in with the sports chat. Cricket season, anyone?

The finale of the superb tv series Deutschland '89 has just ended and I'm trying to catch my breath!

Some of Sara's cookies and a cuppa would do nicely!
Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 2:25:10 PM
Survivor

Roland, I remember the Art Linkletter show quite well. Every show would have a number of elementary school-age kids from a class in a school in California, near Los Angeles where the show was produced and broadcast on television.

One week they gave my school in the Mojave Desert the chance to be on tv. My school was named Hinkley Elementary School and every class in the whole school got the chance to watch tv in their classroom while the show was being broadcast. I'll never forget it happening, but I don't really recall the students who got the privilege of being on his show.

flower

rolandlytle
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 2:28:37 PM
rolandlytle

henrietta_fielding wrote:
Evening, all!

Just popping in to catch up with everyone's news. Sorry I can't join in with the sports chat. Cricket season, anyone?

The finale of the superb tv series Deutschland '89 has just ended and I'm trying to catch my breath!

Wow! I loved 'Deutschland '89.' I watched it with my daughter. She is from that part of Europe. She listened to the words, and I read the text. My favorite was Beate, played by Corinna Harfouch.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 2:55:25 PM
henrietta_fielding

rolandlytle wrote:
henrietta_fielding wrote:
Evening, all!

Wow! I loved 'Deutschland '89.' I watched it with my daughter. She is from that part of Europe. She listened to the words, and I read the text. My favorite was Beate, played by Corinna Harfouch.

Isn't it fabulous? And Beate was sensational. A superb cast and extraordinary script (must be true to life) made this a must see!

Lovely to find another fan on here, Roland! :)
gillianleeza
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 6:42:18 PM
gillianleeza

I had not heard of that series. I need to check it out.

It is so easy to get stuck on YouTube. Just follow all the suggested videos and next thing you know way too much time has passed.

I did find a new use for it. YouTube videos for cats. The cats have never really noticed what's on the television until I clicked on one of the videos. Now the gray one cries to get us to turn the television back on. He loves sitting and watching birds, squirrels, and chipmunks eating bird food. It's a nice thing for him since he is a senior cat now and can't run around like he used to.

Going to go and check on our boat tomorrow to see what needs to be done before boating season starts. It will be so nice to get back out on the water.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll grab a few cookies to go, thank you, Sarah.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
rolandlytle
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 7:35:38 PM
rolandlytle

I just watched the Brewers/Cubs game. The Cub's bats have come to life, blowing up the Brew Crew 15-2.

On this date, in 1939, Ted Williams hit his 1st home run, and in 1954 Hank Aaron hit his 1st home run. The Splendid Splinter and The Hammer were two of the best baseball players ever.

Now I get to watch all of the other important games tomorrow morning.

Good night Spacers. Sleep tight, and don't let the Covid bug bite.

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2021 6:15:54 AM
Survivor

Good morning, Rumplators. The teakettle is ready for tea drinkers. I have washed and cleaned the coffee maker and it is full of Kansa River tap water along with some French Roast from under the cabinet.

We'll all be fine in a few minutes.

Today I need to put the new dining chairs together. Lucky for me there are just four of them.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2021 7:45:09 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Saturday salutations to all along with many thanks to our Survivor for the setup which, combined with Sarah's fabled cookies, make for a well-rounded breakfast -- right?

And speaking of Sarah, her Braves slipped by my Diamondbacks, 5-4.

Gonna grab me a mug full of Larry's coffee and a handful of Sarah's cookies and go sit outside and commune with nature.

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2021 11:54:29 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A beautiful day here not much going on.
A large iced coffee would be yummy in the tummy
Not much going on today might get some writing done but we will see how that goes

* Peeking in the cookie jars* yay still in good shape!
* Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

rolandlytle
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2021 3:13:03 PM
rolandlytle

Hello! hello1 hello1

The games were fantastic yesterday. The Cubs and White Sox won, but there were a lot of other games that were fun to watch too.
The Diamondbacks/Braves game was a nail-bitter. The Braves hero was, without a doubt, Huascar Ynoa; he pitched six solid innings and went 2-for-2, including a double and RBI with his bat.
The Nationals/Mets game was one-sided, with the Mets shutting out the Nationals 6-0. This could have been suspected with deGrom pitching. Jacob deGrom threw a two-hit shutout with 15 strikeouts and no walks.
He matched Washington's hit total himself, going 2-for-4 with an RBI. His ERA so far this year dropped to 0.31.
The Padres were impressive in their 6-1 victory. Fernando Tatís had three hits, including a pair of homers and three RBIs. Most of all, I enjoyed watching a battery of Yu Darvish and Victor Caratini. I watched them together since 2018 in Chicago.
I am genuinely a baseball nerd/nut.

The weather here in the Chicago area is starting to warm. It hit 16ºc today.

I will have a cuppa Earl Grey today, I watched some 'Faulty Towers' last night, and now I am feeling a bit British.

A funny thing happened yesterday. I was on the phone with my agent for my refinancing. He asked me to ask Liz a question. As we were waiting, as Liz dug some papers, the agent asked me to tell Liz thank you. I then raised my voice and said, "He said to hurry up." Needless to say, he was gobsmacked. I winked at Liz so that she knew what was going on. I definitely did not want Liz mad at me. The agent was sputtering, "I did not say that." and such. Then he heard us both giggling and realized we were pulling his leg. Yes, this is my sense of humor. He then started laughing hard. When he stopped, he said, "That made my day." He continued to chortle as we continued.

Everyone, please have a safe and wonderful Sunday.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2021 3:14:38 PM
henrietta_fielding

I've just been watching The Young Montalbano with a glass of Prosecco. Sicilian bliss! I think I enjoy watching subtitles as I can fool myself I have some aptitude for languages!

Some of Sara's cookies will do very nicely!
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2021 6:21:28 AM
Survivor

It's time for some of us to get up and around. Coffee is necessary for some of us, including me. I will proceed to wash out the percolator and get some French Roast bubbling away with some local tap water. The teakettle is prepared as well.

Nothing to do today except a little shopping. I have some prescriptions awaiting pick up later this morning.

Be careful out there, fellow travelers.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2021 8:01:30 AM
Rumple_deWriter

How y'all are? The big news out here in the desert is that the Diamondbacks had their game against the Braves in Atlanta postponed due to weather (rain). It was the first time that's happened to the D-backs since 2015, 866 games ago. A double-header has been scheduled for today.

Thanks to Survivor, there's coffee and a tea kettle full of hot water available. With luck, a few of Sarah's oatmeal raisin cookies might be hiding at the bottom of the cookie jars. I'll leave the hot water for the tea and coco crowd and take a few cookies and a mug of coffee over to the corner table where I'll grab a comfy chair and check out the new story by Writer Girl: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-monster-within-part-2-.aspx

WriterGirl
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2021 12:27:47 PM
WriterGirl

gillianleeza wrote:
I had not heard of that series. I need to check it out.

It is so easy to get stuck on YouTube. Just follow all the suggested videos and next thing you know way too much time has passed.

I did find a new use for it. YouTube videos for cats. The cats have never really noticed what's on the television until I clicked on one of the videos. Now the gray one cries to get us to turn the television back on. He loves sitting and watching birds, squirrels, and chipmunks eating bird food. It's a nice thing for him since he is a senior cat now and can't run around like he used to.

Going to go and check on our boat tomorrow to see what needs to be done before boating season starts. It will be so nice to get back out on the water.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll grab a few cookies to go, thank you, Sarah.

Hi Spacers hello2

First time in. Bill invited me. Gillian, I am going to try those utube videos on my 2 furballs. I can't wait to see their reactions !

Anyways, I am enjoying the peace and quiet on this site. Just looking for a place to hopefully improve my writing... all critiques are welcome!

I think I will grab a cookie and a spot on the couch. I am reading JPemment1 stories at the moment... very good!

Have a great rest of your Sunday flower
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2021 12:31:52 PM
Mendalla

Welcome to our little cafe, WriterGirl. Please to make yer acquaintance.

After a lovely day yesterday in which we got a ton of yardwork done, today is chilly and blustery. Spring in Ontario. Gotta love it. (Or move to BC where things are bit less variable)

I see verbal hasn't been in to help the monkey finish off the cookies so I'll just grab a couple to have with my afternoon green tea.

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2021 1:08:27 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful Sunday here
A large iced tea would be yummy

*Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars with fresh cookies*
Today's offerings :
In Big Bird we have : pecan divines , oatmeal raisin cookies, apple cinnamon whippersnappers and butterscotch marshmallow cookies
In Cookie Monster we have : ginger snaps , red velvet cookies , apple cinnamon whippersnappers and butterscotch marshmallow cookies

* Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*

Hope everyone has a great day!

verbal
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2021 2:12:25 PM
verbal

Mendalla wrote:
Welcome to our little cafe, WriterGirl. Please to make yer acquaintance.

After a lovely day yesterday in which we got a ton of yardwork done, today is chilly and blustery. Spring in Ontario. Gotta love it. (Or move to BC where things are bit less variable)

I see verbal hasn't been in to help the monkey finish off the cookies so I'll just grab a couple to have with my afternoon green tea.

Me and the monkey thank you for the remaining cookies, Sara (and for Scott for leaving us some)!

Fun baseball weekend, and it's so cool that we have this place to talk about baseball! DeGrom pitched a gem of a game on Friday, though the Nats humiliated the Mets the next day. Tatis, of Larry's Padres, hit two home runs against the Dodgers on the anniversary of his Dad hitting two grand slams against the Dodgers. Dodgers/Padres is gonna be a massive rivalry this year, a knock down, drag out fight for the division. Bill's D-Backs are beating up on Sara's Braves as I type this. What a great game.

Attending a video writers conference this weekend. It's pretty good - last session is imminent. I have a novel all plotted out on paper BUT I am scared to type out that first word and begin the journey.

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend.

Iced tea and one little cookie please.