Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
rolandlytle
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:55:59 AM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,894
Location: Chicago area, United States
It would be nice if we had enough readers to score the stories to reach the magical ten scores. It was not that long ago that a good story would receive at least 20-25 votes as a minimum, or is my memory lying to me again?

I checked, and we have had 98 members active this month. Maybe 20-30 of those joined and never returned. That still leaves about 70 members. Are they not reading any stories or reading but not scoring?

If you are a writer, you should be helping your fellow writers on Stories Space. Comments always helped me to improve, thanks to the helpful criticism I would get.

<steps off the soapbox> Some green tea, please, and some grapes I brought. I have enough for everyone, so help yourself.



You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:38:32 AM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,683
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
flower hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds good
A beautiful day here .enjoying the sunshine.
Birdies are chirping .
I so need to play catch up with my inbox.
Good to see everyone here .
Hope everyone is having a great day

*Peeking in the cookie jars* still in good shape...where are the cookie bandits?
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
*Moseying over to the corner and climbing up in my favorite chair*



verbal
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 12:25:44 PM
verbal
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/21/2015
Posts: 139
DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds good
A beautiful day here .enjoying the sunshine.
Birdies are chirping .
I so need to play catch up with my inbox.
Good to see everyone here .
Hope everyone is having a great day

*Peeking in the cookie jars* still in good shape...where are the cookie bandits?
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
*Moseying over to the corner and climbing up in my favorite chair*


The cookie bandit is...RIGHT HERE!!! *steals all the cookies and sits down with that cute lil monkey to eat them*


Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:58:20 PM
Mendalla
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 1,413
Location: Somewhere amongst the trees
rolandlytle wrote:
It would be nice if we had enough readers to score the stories to reach the magical ten scores. It was not that long ago that a good story would receive at least 20-25 votes as a minimum, or is my memory lying to me again?

I checked, and we have had 98 members active this month. Maybe 20-30 of those joined and never returned. That still leaves about 70 members. Are they not reading any stories or reading but not scoring?

If you are a writer, you should be helping your fellow writers on Stories Space. Comments always helped me to improve, thanks to the helpful criticism I would get.

<steps off the soapbox> Some green tea, please, and some grapes I brought. I have enough for everyone, so help yourself.



Green tea is on. Japanese sencha okay? That's my favorite green.

And related to your rant, I quite enjoyed this story but so far only 3 comments (plus one from the author) and 4 scores. What's up?

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/humor/-the-little-pianist-.aspx


The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 2:50:16 PM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,683
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
verbal wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds good
A beautiful day here .enjoying the sunshine.
Birdies are chirping .
I so need to play catch up with my inbox.
Good to see everyone here .
Hope everyone is having a great day

*Peeking in the cookie jars* still in good shape...where are the cookie bandits?
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
*Moseying over to the corner and climbing up in my favorite chair*


The cookie bandit is...RIGHT HERE!!! *steals all the cookies and sits down with that cute lil monkey to eat them*



You are gonna get a tummyache you two ..


Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 5:55:38 AM
Rumple_deWriter
Rank: Story Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 8/24/2011
Posts: 938
Location: lost in the ozone west of Apache Junction
Happy, Hump Day, to all , especially those aspiring to be inspired.We done did it! Yep, my new microfiction story (check sig line) has edged past ten votes. While my ignorance of the protocols for a story getting on the Top Story, Story Pick or whatever the category is being called these days is boundless, it'll be nice to have that listing reappear on the main page, imo.

Coffee's cooking and the tea kettle is kettling while Sarah's cookies are available. Enjoy.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8



It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 6:14:41 AM
Survivor
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 5,591
Location: bajo un árbol de álamo


We just need to get several more stories up onto the All Picks list, Bill. There is plenty of room for more.

I'll take some of the coffee, if you please.

The Padres and the Pirates are halfway done with their set. We're gonna watch to see if the string of hit batters continues.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx


DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 9:54:02 AM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,683
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
hello1 Good morning everyone
A large coffee would be great
Today's plans got cancelled so I'm be staying home.
Good opportunity to get some writing done.

Since we had a cookie bandit yesterday I gotta resupply the the cookie jars
In Big Bird we have: White chocolate supremes, lemon softies, oatmeal raisin cookies and butterscotch crunch cookies
In Cookie Monster we have : chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter and banana cookies, ginger snaps and butterscotch crunch cookies
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats
Hope everyone has a great day and do something that makes you smile


verbal
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 10:33:11 AM
verbal
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/21/2015
Posts: 139
DenimAngel wrote:
verbal wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds good
A beautiful day here .enjoying the sunshine.
Birdies are chirping .
I so need to play catch up with my inbox.
Good to see everyone here .
Hope everyone is having a great day

*Peeking in the cookie jars* still in good shape...where are the cookie bandits?
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
*Moseying over to the corner and climbing up in my favorite chair*


The cookie bandit is...RIGHT HERE!!! *steals all the cookies and sits down with that cute lil monkey to eat them*



You are gonna get a tummyache you two ..


Hey, my tummy hurts! I wonder why?

The Mets finally played a game! Two in fact, and we won them both! So nice to have baseball back. The only downside is that the first game showed off two of my most hated rule changes (Bil and Roland will, i think, agree): the 7 inning game during a double header, and (be still my heart, how I hate this new rule) any extra innings begin with a runner on second each half inning. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Takes all the magic out of extra innings.

But I digress.

I try to fling a story out there very soon.

Coffee and just one little cookie please.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:17:46 AM
Rumple_deWriter
Rank: Story Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 8/24/2011
Posts: 938
Location: lost in the ozone west of Apache Junction
Roland, he posted this yesterday: It would be nice if we had enough readers to score the stories to reach the magical ten scores. It was not that long ago that a good story would receive at least 20-25 votes as a minimum, or is my memory lying to me again?

I checked, and we have had 98 members active this month. Maybe 20-30 of those joined and never returned. That still leaves about 70 members. Are they not reading any stories or reading but not scoring?

If you are a writer, you should be helping your fellow writers on Stories Space. Comments always helped me to improve, thanks to the helpful criticism I would get.

Me, I replied today: Amen! Preach it, Brother Roland.

Verbal posted some less than positive thoughts on some new MLB rules changes. Which brings up the obvious question of whether old buddy Jeff and any other baseball fans has ever had a positive thought about any rules changes? ;

Sarah, down here in the valley of the sun, the weather is about as nice (temp around 80f) as you are enjoying on your mountain.

HOWEVER, what makes going outside and enjoying natures bounty, is, in 25 words or less --mosquitoes -- which show up even in the morning. I'm told that once the temp starts hitting 100f on a regular bases, dem 'skeeters' will depart for cooler lands. Me, I sure hope so.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8.

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

verbal
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 12:13:21 PM
verbal
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/21/2015
Posts: 139
Rumple_deWriter wrote:


Verbal posted some less than positive thoughts on some new MLB rules changes. Which brings up the obvious question of whether old buddy Jeff and any other baseball fans has ever had a positive thought about any rules changes? ;

Later, Inspirators. glasses8.


I liked adding the first Wild Card spot for the playoffs. The larger bases thing, which hasn't happened yet, is to make baserunning easier, which I agree would be a good thing. And I actually LIKE the shift, because it results in a lot more strategy, both offensively and defensively.

In other news: I got an appointment for my first shot on Friday!

In more other news: I am FINALLY off to see Godzilla vs. Kong today with my daughter. Talia would rather watch paint dry.
rolandlytle
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 4:40:25 PM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,894
Location: Chicago area, United States
verbal wrote:
Rumple_deWriter wrote:


Verbal posted some less than positive thoughts on some new MLB rules changes. Which brings up the obvious question of whether old buddy Jeff and any other baseball fans have ever had a positive thought about any rules changes? ;

Later, Inspirators. glasses8.


I liked adding the first Wild Card spot for the playoffs. The larger bases thing, which hasn't happened yet, is to make baserunning easier, which I agree would be a good thing. And I actually LIKE the shift because it results in a lot more strategy, both offensively and defensively.

In other news: I got an appointment for my first shot on Friday!


All baseball rules are bad, in the eyes of most baseball nerds. It is a knee-jerk reaction. All the rule changes through the years I have come to enjoy, except the DH. (I spit at the creators of that travesty) I understand the reasons for the new extra-inning runner rule. I'm not too fond of the 7-inning doubleheaders, though. It is a way to charge fans for 18 innings of baseball fun and only give them 14 innings, especially with today's prices. I do wish they would add another wild card spot in both leagues.

Wait until you see some of the rules being tested in the minor leagues this year. Jeff, one of the minor leagues, will be trying a no-shift rule. Every infielder must be touching the infield dirt and, with four or more infielders, two must be on each side of second base.

Glad to hear of your appointment, Jeff. I am hoping all my friends on Stories Space receive their shots soon.

BTW I actually posted a poem. I rarely get poetry right, but some domestic disturbances in the house inspired this one.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-my-enemy-.aspx

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 5:40:59 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,061
Hi, Everyone! I'm new to 'Stories Space' and still getting used to the platform. I have a background in science writing: I'm a medical writer for a pharma company and a blogger for Psychology Today. I also write on my own site, Blame the Amygdala, typically about the darker side of life - love, psychopaths, crime, and human relationships. I have joined this site to share some fictional pieces and see if the intended impact is hitting the mark. I am drawn to characters that are somewhat lost in their own minds as it falls apart around them.

I struggle identifying with a particular genre, as I'm sure many of you do. I just like quirky and humorous, the darker the better.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and checking out your stories.
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 7:10:04 PM
Mendalla
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 1,413
Location: Somewhere amongst the trees
JPemment1 wrote:
Hi, Everyone! I'm new to 'Stories Space' and still getting used to the platform. I have a background in science writing: I'm a medical writer for a pharma company and a blogger for Psychology Today. I also write on my own site, Blame the Amygdala, typically about the darker side of life - love, psychopaths, crime, and human relationships. I have joined this site to share some fictional pieces and see if the intended impact is hitting the mark. I am drawn to characters that are somewhat lost in their own minds as it falls apart around them.

I struggle identifying with a particular genre, as I'm sure many of you do. I just like quirky and humorous, the darker the better.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and checking out your stories.


Welcome! And glad you found your way to Inspirations. I like reading quirky humour but have not really managed much of it in my own writing. And I am cool with dark. 3 of my stories on here are horror or ghost stories. Looking forward to see your contributions to the site.

Short version: I am a librarian by training but manage a corporate IT department these days. I am (or was) an avid reader who has been toying with writing since grade school, but my stories here represent my few published works. If you're going to read my stuff, probably start with the ones in my sig since they both took awards in writing contests on the site last year. If you like those, hit the story list on my profile and start reading. There's some poetry in there, too, since I love poetry and dabble in writing it, too.

So, grab a virtual mug of your favorite hot beverage some of Sara's famous cookies and enjoy yourself.


The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 7:13:09 PM
Mendalla
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 1,413
Location: Somewhere amongst the trees
verbal wrote:

In more other news: I am FINALLY off to see Godzilla vs. Kong today with my daughter. Talia would rather watch paint dry.


laughing3

Tell ya what, if I ever get out there and we meet up, you and I can watch kaiju movies and our partners can go off and do something together. Mine would rather watch paint dry, too. Unfortunately, my son took after her in the end. Started off well, watching the Star Wars series and reading a lot of YA s-f and fantasy (Hunger Games, Harry Potter) but then kind of switched to being more like his mother.


The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 7:18:28 PM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,683
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
JPemment1 wrote:
Hi, Everyone! I'm new to 'Stories Space' and still getting used to the platform. I have a background in science writing: I'm a medical writer for a pharma company and a blogger for Psychology Today. I also write on my own site, Blame the Amygdala, typically about the darker side of life - love, psychopaths, crime, and human relationships. I have joined this site to share some fictional pieces and see if the intended impact is hitting the mark. I am drawn to characters that are somewhat lost in their own minds as it falls apart around them.

I struggle identifying with a particular genre, as I'm sure many of you do. I just like quirky and humorous, the darker the better.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and checking out your stories.

Hi ! Welcome ! This is the coolest place to hang out..
This site has some amazing writers
Myself I write alot of poetry and I have a series called Scamp's Adventures if you want a good chuckle check it out it's about a mischievous little monkey and her friends that live on a Farm ..
Oh I keep the cookie jars supplied here.



Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 5:36:16 AM
Mendalla
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 1,413
Location: Somewhere amongst the trees
Morning tea is on (or other beverages requiring a kettle). April is finally behaving like April here. Cloudy, chance of showers, single digit highs (Celsius).

Made it past the "hump" and rolling towards the weekend. Hope all are keeping well. Wife got her first Pfizer shot yesterday. Still waiting for my number to come up (I'm too young and my diabetes isn't enough to move me up the list very much).

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 6:15:34 AM
Survivor
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 5,591
Location: bajo un árbol de álamo



There is a fresh pot of coffee just brewed now. We are set for the day.

Even though his return to the mound was spoiled yesterday by the Pirates Joe Musgrove was still named the NL POTW. The Friars and the Pirates complete their set today. We play our NL rival the Dodgers tomorrow.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx


Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 8:24:58 AM
Rumple_deWriter
Rank: Story Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 8/24/2011
Posts: 938
Location: lost in the ozone west of Apache Junction
A blessing on Vic and his wander boy, Larry, for today's setup (Larry, you did remember to get the tea kettle going, right?) ;) So when will this week's Friday Eve celebrations start? ;)

Larry, sympathy to you and your Padres for losing to the worst team in baseball (Pirates) just before facing the best team in baseball (Dodgers) who do double-duty as da Pads biggest rival. Best of luck in this weekend's series.

My coffee mug is filled, so is my non-mug bearing hand but with Sarah's cookies. Thus outfitted, I'll find a comfy chair over at the corner table and wait on developments to, you know, develop.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

verbal
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 10:16:42 AM
verbal
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/21/2015
Posts: 139
Mendalla wrote:
verbal wrote:

In more other news: I am FINALLY off to see Godzilla vs. Kong today with my daughter. Talia would rather watch paint dry.


laughing3

Tell ya what, if I ever get out there and we meet up, you and I can watch kaiju movies and our partners can go off and do something together. Mine would rather watch paint dry, too. Unfortunately, my son took after her in the end. Started off well, watching the Star Wars series and reading a lot of YA s-f and fantasy (Hunger Games, Harry Potter) but then kind of switched to being more like his mother.


Works for me. Destroy All Monsters is all queued up.

GvKK was REALLY good. They understand the genre: you need a movie that doesn't take itself seriously, but pretends to take itself seriously. Plus, a hollow earth AND a throwback to one of the old school monsters, and I was hooked. Maybe the success of GvKK will jumpstart the monsterverse. Hint: Ghidorah dies in the last movie, but THEY KEPT HIS DNA!!!!

It was also a fun father-daughter outing. And I came home to watch another Mets win! 5-3 on the young season, with Elizabeth's Gnat's and Sara's Bravos hot on our heels. Larry, I do not envy you playing the Dodgers.

Finished another story yesterday. Dark one. Second draft begins today.

Hey there, Penmant. Nice to meet you. Pull up a chair. Submit a story!

Cold and oddly dark here. Coffee would rock. And a monkey shaped cookie (oops, I bit the monkey by mistake!).
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 10:27:47 AM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,683
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
flower morning people
A large coffee would be great
A beautiful but windy day outside so in doors it is

Jeff the cute little monkey bites back good thing she knows it was an accident. Or you would be sporting a prefect imprint of her cute little teeth . (Hugs)

*Peeking in the cookie jars* still in good shape
*Giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
* Taking my coffee and cookies and moseying over to my favorite chair and settles in *
Have a great day everyone !


Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 1:51:25 PM
Survivor
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 5,591
Location: bajo un árbol de álamo


We took a drive across the landscape and looked at the redbuds blooming. We stopped at a state park to let Victor off-leash and run around. That was the whole purpose of the 2-hour drive, just to let him see a new park area, as far as he was concerned.

While we were out my Padres ended the series again the Pirates with a win. Nice to start a series against the Dodgers tomorrow with a nice win, going to 9 - 5. Got to get a micro written this afternoon.

From now on I am having tea.

flower



This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx


elizabethblack
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 4:22:08 PM
elizabethblack
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/12/2014
Posts: 1,844
Rumple_deWriter wrote:
A blessing on Vic and his wander boy, Larry, for today's setup (Larry, you did remember to get the tea kettle going, right?) ;) So when will this week's Friday Eve celebrations start? ;)

Larry, sympathy to you and your Padres for losing to the worst team in baseball (Pirates) just before facing the best team in baseball (Dodgers) who do double-duty as da Pads biggest rival. Best of luck in this weekend's series.

My coffee mug is filled, so is my non-mug bearing hand but with Sarah's cookies. Thus outfitted, I'll find a comfy chair over at the corner table and wait on developments to, you know, develop.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8


Well Bill, the Nats just started the game with the DBacks and they are wiping the floor with us. Sigh. Too bad I missed yesterdays game when we actually won. Don't know what is going to happen, and forgive me, but I hope we can pull it out tonight.



elizabethblack
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 4:23:18 PM
elizabethblack
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/12/2014
Posts: 1,844
JPemment1 wrote:
Hi, Everyone! I'm new to 'Stories Space' and still getting used to the platform. I have a background in science writing: I'm a medical writer for a pharma company and a blogger for Psychology Today. I also write on my own site, Blame the Amygdala, typically about the darker side of life - love, psychopaths, crime, and human relationships. I have joined this site to share some fictional pieces and see if the intended impact is hitting the mark. I am drawn to characters that are somewhat lost in their own minds as it falls apart around them.

I struggle identifying with a particular genre, as I'm sure many of you do. I just like quirky and humorous, the darker the better.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and checking out your stories.


Welcome, so glad you joined us. Looking forward to reading your work.

rolandlytle
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 5:30:36 PM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,894
Location: Chicago area, United States
Hi Jack. I am glad you decided to drop by and say hi to the gang.

I have read a few of Jack's (JPemment1) stories on his website. They were quite good.

I watch the Cubs and Whitesox games the morning after they play due to blackout restrictions on MLB-TV. If you remember, please do not spoil the games for me. The Cubs are hosting the Braves for the next three days. Do not worry if you mention the games before I watch them. I will watch them in the evening instead. By then I probably will have forgotten. Yes, my short-term memory is that bad.

I have caught up with my in-box reading and I enjoyed all the stories.

I hope no one will object if I bring my cats, Bubblegum and Butterscotch, with me sometime in the future.

I will treat myself with a cuppa Earl Grey today, then I will be off. Have a great day, my friends.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 6:25:11 PM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,683
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
rolandlytle wrote:
Hi Jack. I am glad you decided to drop by and say hi to the gang.

I have read a few of Jack's (JPemment1) stories on his website. They were quite good.

I watch the Cubs and Whitesox games the morning after they play due to blackout restrictions on MLB-TV. If you remember, please do not spoil the games for me. The Cubs are hosting the Braves for the next three days. Do not worry if you mention the games before I watch them. I will watch them in the evening instead. By then I probably will have forgotten. Yes, my short-term memory is that bad.

I have caught up with my in-box reading and I enjoyed all the stories.

I hope no one will object if I bring my cats, Bubblegum and Butterscotch, with me sometime in the future.

I will treat myself with a cuppa Earl Grey today, then I will be off. Have a great day, my friends.


Bubblegum and Butterscotch are welcome anytime you want to bring them ! The more animals the better in my opinion ..


gillianleeza
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 12:06:30 AM
gillianleeza
Rank: Story Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 11/25/2015
Posts: 1,137
Location: Sailing on the Bay, United States
Welcome Jack, it's always good to meet new people. I look forward to reading some of your work.

I got my second vaccine on Wednesday. I had some of the same reactions I had after the first shot but some new symptoms were a bit concerning but they resolved. Although it looks like it is going to be a yearly event, much like the flu shot. Pfizer has already announced everyone will need another shot. It will be interesting to see what they recommend for the J&J shot going forward.

My husband enjoyed the new Godzilla movie. It held my attention but it wasn't my cup of tea. I need to pick another movie for this weekend.

I can't sleep so I will try to catch up on some reading.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheers!





Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 6:56:33 AM
Survivor
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 5,591
Location: bajo un árbol de álamo


I hope you enjoyed the coffee shop in the middle of the night, Gill. It is always easy to make a cuppa tea here. Now that I am up and around I will be making some coffee.

I've thoroughly scrubbed the percolator and filled it will tap water from the Kansa River. I've also put in some of the Arabica coffee I used here in the shop. It goes well with Sara's cookies. She still has plenty of them in her cookie jars. I'm certain they will not all be gone before the boys are here today.

I submitted a little microfiction this morning. I hope it will entertain everyone. I am happy to see it up and published. It just happens to be the 500th story I have published here on Stories Space. That is quite a pleasure for me. Along with my Plenary Award I received for writing in all of the categories SS offers. I think everyone can assume that SS is an important writing space for me. I surely dream of the day it will be just as important to many other folks.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx


Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 9:39:34 AM
Rumple_deWriter
Rank: Story Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 8/24/2011
Posts: 938
Location: lost in the ozone west of Apache Junction
It's Friday! Happy TGIF greetings to all who enter, especially those who get their own coffee or tea and then don't take too many of Sarah's cookies. (hint, hint)

Got to agree, approximately 100% with Larry's thoughts on Stories Space. While I worry about its future, odds are the day the site slips beneath the waves, I'll be rearranging the deck chairs to the beat of the band playing, 'Nearer My God to Thee' ;)

Time to stop with the bloviation and start with the consumption of coffee and cookies. Y'all do the best you know how.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8.

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 10:58:17 AM
DenimAngel
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2016
Posts: 1,683
Location: On a tailgate under the stars
flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here
The birdies are chirping and the sun is shining

Today is the 14th anniversary of the mass shooting on the Virginia Tech campus 32 people died and 23 were injured.
Seems like April has a lot of tragedy anniversaries in it .


Today I have fresh cookies
* Moving the old cookies from the cookie jars to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies*

In Big Bird we have : apple cinnamon whippersnappers , pecan divines, oatmeal raisin cookies and chocolate chip cookies
In Cookie Monster we have apple cinnamon whippersnappers, ginger snaps, lemon softies and chocolate chip cookies

*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
Stay safe and do something that makes you smile




Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.