Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
gillianleeza
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2021 9:46:18 PM
gillianleeza

rolandlytle wrote:
Well, I am back. What, no one noticed?! Your vacation from my nonsense is over until it happens again, and it will.
Till tomorrow stay healthy and happy, my friends.
P.S. My wife and I are going to watch 'Godzilla vs. Kong' next week.

We notice when you are not here so when you return we are even happier to see you.

My husband and I are probably going to watch the new Godzilla movie this weekend. Sorry Verbal but it is not my thing but since my husband puts up with my often less than stellar choices for movie night, I can hardly complain.

The weather is becoming steadily warmer. It is welcome except for the fact that everything is covered in green pollen. I feel your pain, Sarah. I have a large supply of Zyrtec, Benadryl, Flonase, eye drops, and kleenex on hand.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2021 6:19:36 AM
Survivor

Good morning. The good thing about our coffeehouse is that it is open 24/7 365. I will get a fresh pot of coffee working now and make sure the teakettle is ready to brew some tea.

Everyone's presence and absence here on-site is duly noted. It is always fine to see everyone when they can make it. I hope Gill and Roland slept well last night. I'm so sorry that so many have so many ailments to suffer with.

Here now, the coffee is ready.

I suppose everyone noted that my Padres recorded their first no-hitter after 53 years as a franchise. Joe Musgrove had 10 strikeouts and only allowed one baserunner.

Let's see how we can handle the Rangers again today.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2021 8:51:57 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Mega-congrats on the Padres' no-hitter, Larry. I'll leave you the chance to tell folks a bit about Musgrove, the winning pitcher. Just for the record, with their first-ever no-hitter, the Padres' are no longer the only MLB team without a no-hitter. Brings back to my cankered mind memories of the early New Orleans Saints. ;)

A mug full of coffee in one hand and many cookies in the other, I'll step outside, grab a seat and fight off the morning doves going after dem cookies. ;)

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2021 10:04:43 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A beautiful day here !
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy

Good to see everyone!
Not sure of my plans today .. they seem to change with the weather being so nice
I made fresh cookies
*Cleaning out the emergency cookie tins : washing and drying them and filling them with the cookies from the cookie jars. Filling the cookie jars with fresh cookies*
In Big Bird we have : pecan divines, cheery cherry cookies, chocolate chip and banana cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies
In Cookie Monster we have : pecan divines, cheery cherry cookies, peanut butter and banana cookies. And ginger snaps
* Giving the adorable Mascots fresh water and treats shaped like baseballs*
Stay safe everyone and. Have a fantastic day

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2021 10:26:03 AM
Mendalla

Four days until Godzilla : King of the Monsters hits Netflix in Canada! Yeah, I'm behind on my monsters stomping each other movies. Still not sure when I'll get to see GvK. Cinemas are closed here now with the new lockdown.

Lovely day. Will get out later. Putting my taxes to bed first.

Got a pot of my wakoucha (Japanese red tea) going. Anyone for tea?

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 6:28:20 AM
Survivor

Good morning, folks. The coffee is all hot and ready, So is the teakettle.

One of the great things about the no-hitter that Joe Musgrove threw was that the Padres were the team he grew up watching and rooting for. He for born in El Cajon, a suburb of San Diego but only got to play for the Padres since he was traded in January with a 30-38 record.

My mother and her family had a greenhouse in El Cajon back in the war years. Then in the 50s my mom and dad moved us from Arkansas out to San Diego. I lived in Chula Vista and National City but we left before the city got its team.

Now, happily, the Friars have only one record to break in MLB. They still need to win the World Series. They've won two pennants but no series. It would be cool if Musgrove, a rather mediocre pitcher, could help the team make it to the series again this year. One can hope.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 11:58:46 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Howdy to all doody's and doodettes

I can't imagine anyone, especially sports fans, not enjoying the Musgrove story. Two more items I've come across about him and his family: They had/have season tickets to Padres home games and their home is about 15 miles from the ballpark.

Just so you know the age of miracles hasn't passed, I've just submitted my first story (a micro) in ages. Sympathy is extended to the mod who tries to verify that sucker. ;)

Lunch is served.

verbal
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 12:50:43 PM
verbal

Survivor wrote:

Good morning, folks. The coffee is all hot and ready, So is the teakettle.

One of the great things about the no-hitter that Joe Musgrove threw was that the Padres were the team he grew up watching and rooting for. He for born in El Cajon, a suburb of San Diego but only got to play for the Padres since he was traded in January with a 30-38 record.

My mother and her family had a greenhouse in El Cajon back in the war years. Then in the 50s my mom and dad moved us from Arkansas out to San Diego. I lived in Chula Vista and National City but we left before the city got its team.

Now, happily, the Friars have only one record to break in MLB. They still need to win the World Series. They've won two pennants but no series. It would be cool if Musgrove, a rather mediocre pitcher, could help the team make it to the series again this year. One can hope.

flower

Too cool, Larry. The Mets only have one no hitter. I was in an airport when it happened so never got to see it. The pitcher (Santana) blew out his arm in the outing, in typical Mets fashion, and never really pitched effectively again.

Scott, Godzilla, King of the Monsters is my fave of all the modern ones (STILL haven't seen G vs KK yet). Enjoy it, Gill. We're now loking at going on Tuesday. I REALLY want to see it in a theater.

Mets game postponed due to rain. They wasted innings of shutout ball and 14 strikeouts by DeGrom on Saturday, by not being able to score a single run. Meet the new boss. Just like the old boss.

Coffee would be swell. No cookies today. I'll have 2 tomorrow.

rolandlytle
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 1:23:47 PM
rolandlytle

Hi everyone!

I am spending today at my oldest son's house. We are going out to dinner, my first night out in more than a year, when his wife gets home. It feels so good to be able to do this since now I am vaccinated.

Cubs got crushed yesterday 8-2 by the Pirates, the weakest team in the majors. BTW Larry, Musgrove was not a mediocre pitcher, he was brought up to the majors earlier than he should have and pitched for a weak team. He has always been considered a true prospect. It is really nice to see him blooming into the pitcher he is capable of being. I hope he continues to do well throughout the season.

Green tea, hot, for me. No cookies, I have put on about 10 pounds this month.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 1:45:44 PM
Mendalla

I shall join Roland in the green tea. I will, however, raid the cookie jar for some pecan divines. My weight was up a bit but is back down to its usual (which my doc says is too high but whatever).

Having a blah day today so not really doing much. Cooler than it was but I'm not complaining. Yesterday was getting dangerously close to my heat tolerance level, which simply should not happen in early April.

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 1:48:11 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi people
A beautiful day here the sun is shining .
It is a good day for a large iced tea.

Not much going on today. Might be a lazy day
*Peeking in the cookie jars * we are in good shape.
* Giving the adorable Mascots fresh water and treats*
So good to see everyone today .
Stay safe and have fun whatever you have planned!

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 3:39:41 PM
Survivor

It's time for afternoon tea. I'll be making dinner in a few minutes.

The Padres won their game against the Rangers 2 - 0. They are standing at 7-3 now. They had some bad luck at the start with their LHP Adrian Morejon leaving with an injury. But we did complete a sweep against the Rangers. We start playing the Pirates away for the whole week, Mon- Fri. The last day is Jackie Robinson day. That will be fun to celebrate.

The Masters is led by Hideki Matsuyama being played live now. It is going to be a nail-biter I think. Matsuyama leads by 2 strokes at present through the 15th hole. If he holds it will be the sixth first-time Master's winner in the past 7 tournaments. I'm certain Ping is watching but there is no telling about that now.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 5:46:53 PM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

The Masters is led by Hideki Matsuyama being played live now. It is going to be a nail-biter I think. Matsuyama leads by 2 strokes at present through the 15th hole. If he holds it will be the sixth first-time Master's winner in the past 7 tournaments. I'm certain Ping is watching but there is no telling about that now.

flower

And Matsuyama hung on to win by only one stroke. First Japanese man to win a major, though their women have picked up a couple. Will Zalatoris in second came close to becoming the first rookie to win the Masters.

Not sure if the courses are open around here or not, but probably not. I don't play myself so didn't really pay attention to that when the stay-at-home order went out last week.

elizabethblack
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2021 6:18:57 PM
elizabethblack

Well. Don't the Nationals give it a good effort? Deep sigh. Being last means you can only go up - or stay there. What a fast game it was today.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 6:00:29 AM
Rumple_deWriter

How y'all are? It's another Moanday Mourning. Sorry about that.

The coffee pot has been sorta cleaned and filled with whatever coffee Mendalla da Man left under the counter. Both it and the tea kettle were filled with artesian spring water then and put to work.

Sympathy to all who suffered through their baseball team's loss yesterday. That goes double for Roland since both Chicago clubs loss as did Sarah's Braves and Elizabeth's Nats.

BREAKING NEWS: It's been a long time coming but my first new story in ages is short, in fact it's Micro length. The following link may or may not work. If you get a chance, please check it out and let me know what you think.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-how-i-broke-my-nose-while-playing.aspx#60744c8b8254273560605aee

Coffee's cooked. Me, I'm gonna fill my mug to the brim, grab me some of Sarah's cookies and go sit outside and wait for sunrise in a few minutes.

Survivor
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 7:36:24 AM
Survivor

Finally, you give us a taste of your pen once again, Bill. That little story is exactly why I started avoiding Vacation Bible School back in the day. Well, at least one reason. Nicely written my friend.

The coffee today is worth drinking. Now I have to get my mind working on stories. I need one more story here on Stories Space to make it to 500. I am also working on a story for a contest elsewhere on the web.

flower

HisAmelia
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 8:23:50 AM
HisAmelia

Hello Everyone👋🏼

It's been a long time since I've been here and it's nice to still see familiar faces :)
Hope everyone is doing well :)

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

If you have time, I hope you will stop by my page and read a few of my poems

Survivor
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 9:03:48 AM
Survivor

HisAmelia wrote:
Hello Everyone👋🏼

It's been a long time since I've been here and it's nice to still see familiar faces :)

Hello, Amelia. It's so good to see you stopping by once again. Some of us will never leave. No need to worry about that.

flower

verbal
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:03:15 AM
verbal

Survivor wrote:

Finally, you give us a taste of your pen once again, Bill. That little story is exactly why I started avoiding Vacation Bible School back in the day. Well, at least one reason. Nicely written my friend.

The coffee today is worth drinking. Now I have to get my mind working on stories. I need one more story here on Stories Space to make it to 500. I am also working on a story for a contest elsewhere on the web.

flower

Ah. The phrase "Vacation Bible School" triggers so many (mostly boring) memories. I'll be sure to read the story Bill.

Mets were rained out yesterday. Padres are doing well but have to contend with being in the same division as the Dodgers. I smell the Wild Card for your Padres, Larry.

Sorry Elizabeth, for the Gnats slow start.

Submitting a story today. Wish me luck.

Coffee and a cookie shaped like a baseball, please

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:36:56 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here and the sun is shining
A large iced coffee sounds good right now
Good to see you peek in Amelia!
Not much going on here today going out with Jolene later to help her with a few things.

*Moving the cookies from the cookie jars to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars with fresh cookies*
Today's cookies are sugar cookies that are diabetic friendly.
Today's offerings are : baseballs , baseball bats, butterflies, lighthouses,seahorses and paw prints

*Giving the adorable Mascots fresh water and treats*

Have a fabulous Monday people!

verbal
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 3:46:48 PM
verbal

ANOTHER rainout for the Mets tonight. So far we've only played five games. And only won two. Grrr.
Survivor
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 4:31:45 PM
Survivor

verbal wrote:
ANOTHER rainout for the Mets tonight. So far we've only played five games. And only won two. Grrr.

The Padres and the Pirates are in the Bot 2nd with the Friars leading 2 - 0

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 4:43:07 PM
Mendalla

HisAmelia wrote:
Hello Everyone👋🏼

Greetings! Nice to see you. Not sure we've actually met before, but I love having new faces around the cafe.

* grabs a tea and some cookies *

rolandlytle
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 7:17:19 PM
rolandlytle

Good evening my friends,

I will have some mint tea today.

Yesterday's visit and dinner with my oldest offspring and his wife was great.

Scott, you should try golf. It was my favorite sport that I sucked at. It is one of the only sports that has an advantage for being bad. You get to hit the ball more times. If my friend and I played 18 and I shot 100 compared to their 85, we paid the same price, but I got 15 more swings. That is great!

Do not worry about the Nationals. They have a good team. They are just short-handed because they screwed up their Covid-19 protocols.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
gillianleeza
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 8:58:59 PM
gillianleeza

Hello everyone, glad to see you here, Amelia.

We didn't get to watch the new Godzilla vs. Kong movie this weekend. We had some family drama, now resolved, so we were both too tired to watch something new. We'll try it again this week sometime.

I'm hoping for a quiet week to get caught up on a few projects. I'm also receiving my second vaccine dose on Wednesday. I am hoping not to have any side effects this time. It has to be a better experience than last time. I'm going to assume my windshield wiper breaking off while driving on the highway during a torrential rain will not be repeated.

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 5:42:54 AM
Mendalla

rolandlytle wrote:

Scott, you should try golf.

Back when Mrs. Mendalla and I were dating, we playing 9 holes with two of my buddies who golfed. That was enough for us. Mrs. M is more into racket sports (she plays badminton and tennis in local clubs when there's no pandemic) and I am not much of an athlete unless you count cycling for exercise.

Kettle is on. Anyone else for tea?

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 6:31:22 AM
Survivor

The coffee has been percolated for the coffee drinkers. Scott is enjoying his tea. It's rather nice weather here, in the 60s F for the next week during the day. That is perfect walking the dog weather. Victor is not resting from his walkies and I need to do my morning computer chores.

It will be a great feeling when you get your vaccine series completed, Gill. I know for Paula and me it is grand. Soon she will go back to volunteering at the community theater. Still being very cautious, of course. We will be wearing masks and distancing for a long time to come. Easy peasy stuff to do to stay safe and alive and not pass the viruses on to others.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 8:19:38 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning to all, with a special 'Welcome Back! to Amelia. A blessing on Larry for today's setup and to Sarah for all those healthy and delicious cookies.

Just so y'all know, this is the last day I'll be pimping my new micro story, 'How I Broke My Nose Playing Chess at Church Summer Camp', probably.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-how-i-broke-my-nose-while-playing.aspx

While comments are the only things that really matter, I'd like to have it reach ten votes so there can be at least one story in the SS 'Top Story' list

Meant to stop by last evening but my senior granddaughter, her husband, and their soon to be among us daughter (aka, my second great-granddaughter,) took me out to celebrate the mother-to-be's birthday.

Coffee and cookies in hand, I'll now slip over to the corner table, grab a comfy chair and try to recall all my good deeds yesterday. ;)

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 9:43:50 AM
Survivor

Rumple_deWriter wrote:

Just so y'all know, this is the last day I'll be pimping my new micro story, 'How I Broke My Nose Playing Chess at Church Summer Camp', probably.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-how-i-broke-my-nose-while-playing.aspx

While comments are the only things that really matter, I'd like to have it reach ten votes so there can be at least one story on the SS 'Top Story' list

I haven't mentioned it anywhere but it is rather disturbing that no one can seem to make it onto the 'all pick's list' anymore. I used to be on it consistently because I so often had stories for my readers to comment on and score. But, for some reason, I've not had any pieces on the list for something like over a month now. And it is not just me. No one seems to be able to get the scores needed to get onto the list.

Anyway, Bill, you had a great piece. I was happy to score it.

Time for another cuppa java before Victor needs to go out on his noon walk.

flower

verbal
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:19:16 AM
verbal

Survivor wrote:
Rumple_deWriter wrote:

While comments are the only things that really matter, I'd like to have it reach ten votes so there can be at least one story on the SS 'Top Story' list

I haven't mentioned it anywhere but it is rather disturbing that no one can seem to make it onto the 'all pick's list' anymore. I used to be on it consistently because I so often had stories for my readers to comment on and score. But, for some reason, I've not had any pieces on the list for something like over a month now. And it is not just me. No one seems to be able to get the scores needed to get onto the list.

Anyway, Bill, you had a great piece. I was happy to score it.

Time for another cuppa java before Victor needs to go out on his noon walk.

flower

My story Grandma's House was a story pick for a month. I assumed the criteria was 10 votes, and that the story is only there for a month.

The Mets are allegedly playing today. A double header. I'll believe it when I see it.

Coffee would make all my dreams come true. Or at least my dream of drinking coffee. :)