Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2021 4:20:04 PM
DenimAngel

verbal wrote:
Oooh, tough weekend, Sara. Swept by the Phillies. I actually listened to most of that last game - a heartbreaker! Of course, the Phillies face the Mets tomorrow, so now they'll get some real competition. :)

HAPPY EASTER!

Tough weekend for you too Bill. Larry's Padres fared well against you!

Spectacularly lazy weekend, but that's not a bad thing. Wrote and critiqued and listened to a few games. No GODzilla (happy Scott?), but my daughter REALLY wants to see it this week, in the theater.

We have a ticket to the scary phone call thing tomorrow. I don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but at 8 tomorrow we are supposed to be in a dark room with a phone. Someone will call, and it will be scary. It's called "claws." That's all I know. They even provided a safe word for if we get too scared. We're supposed to be on headphones, but we are cheating and doing it on speakerphone, cuz tickets are $35!!!

And, AFTER the call, I will finally sit down and watch my first Mets game of the year, pre-recorded.

Enjoy the end of the weekend everyone. I'll have a bunny butt cookie please.

Pfttt and hands you a couple of cookies..

gillianleeza
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2021 7:00:06 PM
gillianleeza

More cookies, yeah!

It was a beautiful day here, sunny and about 70. The best part was having my parents come for Easter dinner. Since they have both been fully vaccinated and my husband and I have had Covid and our first shot we felt comfortable having them over. We were still careful and did not have anyone else. My mother said it was the first time she has felt normal in a year and cried. Their retirement community is over 90 percent vaccinated so they are resuming some in-person social events. It has made such a difference in my father's mood and thus my mother is less stressed. I am thankful for all of that.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'll have a lemonade and a few cookies to go.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:02:50 AM
henrietta_fielding

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy Easter! I see I have a whole load of stories to catch up on!

That's wonderful news that you could have Easter dinner with your parents, Gill. (hugs) So glad that they have both been vaccinated and life is easing accordingly.

It's blowing a gale here and and trying to snow. Brr! Coffee and some of Sara's delicious cookies are in order!
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:23:01 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Welcome to Inspirations, all seeking to be inspired or just get in out of the cold.

The coffee pot has been rinsed out, wiped off, then filled with water free of pollywogs and dark roast coffee on account as how this is yet another Moanday mourning. The tea kettle is also in business.

Baseball fans reeling from their favorite team's the start this season -- consider the destair of ever loyal Boston Red Sox fans following Boston being swept this weekend by the lowly Baltimore Orioles, no kidding.

Gill, the news about your parents is just dang outstanding. :)

Time for some coffee and a bunch of Sarah's cookies. Think I'll grab a comfy chair and wonder where, oh where, Curvy got off to.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

Survivor
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2021 6:19:01 AM
Survivor

Nice to see you passed through, Cynthia. Happy to taste some of your coffee, Bill.

My Padres lost one and play 3 more against the Giants, today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Not a bad season so far.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx

verbal
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2021 10:08:34 AM
verbal

gillianleeza wrote:
More cookies, yeah!

It was a beautiful day here, sunny and about 70. The best part was having my parents come for Easter dinner. Since they have both been fully vaccinated and my husband and I have had Covid and our first shot we felt comfortable having them over. We were still careful and did not have anyone else. My mother said it was the first time she has felt normal in a year and cried. Their retirement community is over 90 percent vaccinated so they are resuming some in-person social events. It has made such a difference in my father's mood and thus my mother is less stressed. I am thankful for all of that.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'll have a lemonade and a few cookies to go.

Cheers!

Such excellent news Gill. You struggled with your parents for such a long time; it's s nice to see things appear to have turned the corner. The "the first time she has felt normal in a year and cried" got me a little choked up too.

Mets finally play today. Hopefully. I think Elizabeth's Nats might have to wait even longer for her team to emerge from quarantine. EDIT: Oooh, just looked, and Sara's Braves have three days off too, because they're playing the Nats! I hope the ripples are contained by Thursday!

Regardless: baseball tonight! I've got writer's critique group and a scary phone call play thing first, then I can kick back and watch.

Coffee would be swell.
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2021 12:11:47 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here in my neck of the woods
Ugh and double ugh for the Braves not playing and of course Wednesday was suppose to be the free game of the day on the MLB app.
A large coffee sounds good right about now it was an early morning went to the library soon as it opened and did a couple of other things
*peeks in the cookie jars * lots and lots of cookies still.
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Gill that is FANTASTIC news about your parents.
Bill how goes things in the Valley of the Sun
Larry good to see you and Mr Victor
Jeff good luck to the Mets. 3 days might fix the ripples.
Enjoy your Monday everyone!

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2021 1:28:14 PM
Mendalla

Good news from Gill. I was chatting with my son and daughter-in-law last night and am starting to hope I can actually meet her in-person. They are coming down in May so he can get his all-season tires and she can visit her family for Eid (Ramadan ends May 15). There's a chance my wife and I will have had our first shot by then. Not so sure about the kids but we'll see.

Got some work done yesterday, including setting up the patio furniture. Might go work on the deck some days when weather is good. Alas, today did not qualify as showers moved late in the morning.

Tea and cookie time.

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 6:08:25 AM
Survivor

My wife tells me we are going out today to look at flowers in the greenhouses around town. That means whatever we decide to buy will need to be planted. *sigh*

Anyway, the coffee is ready now. Tea can be ready. There is water in the teakettle waiting for the tea drinkers.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 8:21:21 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, to all who enter this scene of old world cuture and charm. ;)

Just posted a new list of themed calls for submissions and (drumroll) all but one mentions Money for writers. :)

Baylor won the men's college basketball title, leading all the way to beat previously undefeated Gonzaga,86--70. While I didn't have a dog in that hunt, following it explains my being even groggier than usual this morning.

But a mug full of Larry's beneficial brew and some of Sarah's cookies should be an aide to my alertness.

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 10:53:32 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A beautiful day here in my neck of the woods
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy right about now.
Quiet day here so far but it's subject to change as usual
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have : butterscotch sugar cookies, pecan divines, oatmeal raisin cookies and maple walnut cookies
In Cookie Monster we have peanut butter and banana cookies, ginger snaps, chocolate chip cookies and ginger snaps
Have a beautiful day everyone and stay safe!

verbal
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 11:22:04 AM
verbal

Well, the Mets finally played, and the bullpen wasted a phenomenal effort by DeGrom and coughed up the game. Sigh. New York papers are already calling for the manager to be fired.

161 games to go. 1 game does not a season make.

Anyway. Just finished up tele-therapy. Time to write, and give all these neuroses some room to grow. :)

Coffee and a cookie for the win!
elizabethblack
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 5:14:35 PM
elizabethblack

Gill, I am thrilled you got to spend Easter with your parents. Brings a smile to my face.
And Sara, darling, I'm afraid the Nationals pulled out a win at the last minute over your very strong Braves. Double header tomorrow.

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 6:22:11 AM
Survivor

It's time to have some coffee. C'mon and join me. Or tea if you prefer.

My Padres are doing just fine at 4 wins - 2 losses. Playing the Giants one last time today then taking on the Rangers Friday.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 7:11:45 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A beautiful day. A large coffee would be great an early start to my day
A shopping adventure early
*peeks in the cookie jars * we are all good there
I'll peek back later hugs to all

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 8:21:41 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning to Larry, Sarah, and any late-comers who show up seeking tea, coffee, cookies and/or conversation.

Commiseration is available to Sarah whose braves are now 0-4. :(
Meanwhile, the D-backs slithered to a 2-3 record thanks to an overtime win against the Rockies.

Time for coffee and cookies and talk about what was 'normal' once upon a pre-covid time.

verbal
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 10:00:08 AM
verbal

Mets are 1 and 1. I'll take it. What a thrill to finally watch a Mets win. They play at 2 today, I will probably watch it late tonight, if I can keep from seeing to score til then - no easy feat.

I need to delay watching the game so I can...wait for it...GO SEE GODZILLA VS. KONG IN THE THEATER THIS AFTERNOON!

Sorry for yelling. :)

Congrats on your Padres, Larry (we call them the Dads). Glad your D-backs are clawing their way back to responsibility, Bill. Sara, your Braves are off to a rough start - sorry. Things will turn around on a team with that much talent. And Elizabeth - your Nats have their first win of 2021!

Anyway. Time to get a few words in before the movie.

Coffee and a cookie would be swell.
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:25:53 PM
Mendalla

No GvK here. We are in a stay-at-home order now and HBO Max isn't available up here (Bell Canada owns the rights to most HBO stuff and runs their own streaming service for it which doesn't have the connection to Warner). However, Godzilla : King of the Monsters finally hits NF Canada next week so there's that.

Nice weather but I haven't been out yet today. Had work stuff going on. My wife is booked for shot 1 next week so I hope my turn is coming soon.

Time for some green tea and cookies to unwind.

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 6:15:29 PM
elizabethblack

verbal wrote:
Mets are 1 and 1. I'll take it. What a thrill to finally watch a Mets win. They play at 2 today, I will probably watch it late tonight, if I can keep from seeing to score til then - no easy feat.

I need to delay watching the game so I can...wait for it...GO SEE GODZILLA VS. KONG IN THE THEATER THIS AFTERNOON!

Sorry for yelling. :)

Congrats on your Padres, Larry (we call them the Dads). Glad your D-backs are clawing their way back to responsibility, Bill. Sara, your Braves are off to a rough start - sorry. Things will turn around on a team with that much talent. And Elizabeth - your Nats have their first win of 2021!

Anyway. Time to get a few words in before the movie.

Coffee and a cookie would be swell.

Hope the movie was wonderful.
After being so hyped on the Nats first win against the Braves, they managed to squeak by on both of the double header today. But, Sara, you do have some really great players there. And lots are pretty good looking too, Grin.
But don't worry, Saturday we will crush the L.A. team. Yep. Sure of it.

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 6:24:04 AM
Survivor

It took the Giants 10 innings to beat us yesterday. We are at 4-3. Our big rival, the Dodgers, are at 5-4. We're doing well. The Rangers are up against us today and Saturday.

The coffee is tasting quite good today. Plenty of hot water as well.

Rainy day weather out there. Someday it has got to be nice out so we can take a drive across the landscape.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 8:45:16 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, Inspirators. Mucho thankos to Larry (aka Friend of Vic) for this morning's setup.

With the Padres and D-backs both losing late games , yesterday became a day that shall live in infamy, a calamitous disaster erupting from a catastrophy, at least for Inspiration baseball fans; for best I can tell, everybody's team(s) lost. note: I added the (s) to teams since I've also been following the Yankees since the days of Mickey Mantle.

Time to grab a mug of coffee, some of Sarah's cookies and go sit outside and feel sorry for me and my teams. ;)

verbal
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 10:11:28 AM
verbal

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Morning, Inspirators. Mucho thankos to Larry (aka Friend of Vic) for this morning's setup.

With the Padres and D-backs both losing late games , yesterday became a day that shall live in infamy, a calamitous disaster erupting from a catastrophy, at least for Inspiration baseball fans; for best I can tell, everybody's team(s) lost. note: I added the (s) to teams since I've also been following the Yankees since the days of Mickey Mantle.

Time to grab a mug of coffee, some of Sarah's cookies and go sit outside and feel sorry for me and my teams. ;)

Mantle was my Dad's favorite player, even though he was a hated Yankee.

Wish he was here to watch the game today (my Dad, not Micky Mantle). Met's first pitch for their home opener is in a couple minutes. So cool to hear a cheering baseball crowd again!

Let's go Mets. A cup of coffee please. I hope everyone's team does well today.
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 11:55:15 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A beautiful day here today
Yesterday was crazy busy .. got a new phone but we won't talk about it...it has a case of the hiccups as I like to call it but I can connect to my old phone for my apps and games so it works until I can get into a verizon store.
But a large coffee would be yummy in the tummy
*Cleaning out the cookie jars and putting the left over cookies into the emergency cookie tins behind the counter. Sitting the Easter Bunny cookie jar and baseball cookie jar behind the counter in their boxes *
In Big Bird we have pecan divines ,oatmeal raisin cookies, White chocolate chip cookies and butterscotch crunch cookies
In Cookie Monster we have pecan divines, ginger snaps , white chocolate chip cookies and banana cookies
*Giving the adorable Mascots fresh water and treats*
It's good to see everyone!
Good luck to all of our favorite teams ...

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 11:57:39 AM
DenimAngel

elizabethblack wrote:

After being so hyped on the Nats first win against the Braves, they managed to squeak by on both of the double header today. But, Sara, you do have some really great players there. And lots are pretty good looking too, Grin.

Giggles yep the braves have some good looking players !😀

verbal
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 1:36:34 PM
verbal

DenimAngel wrote:
elizabethblack wrote:

Giggles yep the braves have some good looking players !😀

Baseball needs some good looking women baseball players. :)

Mets put together a bases-loaded, walk-off hit-by-pitch in the bottom of the 9th inning to win the game! Great game!

Cookies for the house, on me (and by me I mean Ping).

Speaking of, any new members with oddly Ping-adjacent names that may or may not be coded messages from beyond?
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 3:47:24 PM
Mendalla

verbal wrote:

Speaking of, any new members with oddly Ping-adjacent names that may or may not be coded messages from beyond?

Now I'm tempted to start registering random Ping-like names. But I am also too lazy to bother using VPNs or something to do it so Maggie would probably catch me based on IP address.

Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2021 6:22:20 AM
Survivor

The coffee pot was just freshly washed out and clean river water is slowly coming to a boil. It will all be ready in a short while but there is nothing ready yet.

Y'all come back in a few minutes. We'll be ready then.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2021 7:54:40 AM
Rumple_deWriter

TGIF-type salutations. Things got a tad busy around here yesterday. That just happens to have been AFTER I left to go sip coffee, eat cookies and bemoan all the baseball losses. Just another example of the good judgement and taste of Inspirations customers. ;)

In fact, once I've finished yammering and the coffee's ready, I'll try a repeat on all that today. Who knows, it might increase both baseball wins and customers.
Hope everyone has a good to tolerable weekend. Supposed to be sunny a warmish 90 plus) out here in the Valley of the Sun. Y'all do the best you know how.

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2021 11:23:57 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A beautiful day here .
A large tea would be yummy in my tummy
Sad news today .. Prince Phillip died at 99 and one of my sister's favorite rappers R&B artist DMX died at 50
Both made impression in the world . My heart goes out to their families

Not much planned today. I was gonna write but my allergies have given me a headache I'm hoping the Benadryl kicks in SOON!
*peeking in the cookie jars * not many cookie bandits around
*giving the adorable mascots treats and fresh water *
Hope everyone is having a fantastic day
Stay safe and do something that makes you smile today !hello1

rolandlytle
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2021 6:10:51 PM
rolandlytle

Well, I am back. What, no one noticed?! Your vacation from my nonsense is over until it happens again, and it will.

Roland's mind went on vacation for about a week, and it has taken a few days to recover. The LBD is in its late fourth stage and slipping into early 5th stage of the disease. I can not complain. I was initially diagnosed to enter the seventh stage in 2017, which usually ends with death in 6-9 months. I am literally living on borrowed time and loving it. Days of not really existing will become more common and last longer from now on. I went almost a month with only minor lapses, and that is unusual. BTW, the week of bad time may have started because I got dehydrated. How could that happen? I was drinking lots of tea here in the breakroom.

I have been watching many baseball games, but only the last three days are in my memory. I did go back and watch the highlights. Some great stuff like watching the excellent fielding centerfielder for the White Sox misjudge a fly ball, and the ball bounced off his head into rightfield for a three-base error. It is too early to worry about your teams' records. I do not start paying serious attention until the end of April. Too bad the Washington Senators missed several games and have had to start the season without many of their best players due to Covid-19 concerns. I was looking forward to seeing if Schwarber could step up to the next level with Washington. If he does, he becomes one of the best offensive players in baseball.

I have a significant backlog of stories to catch up with my reading; I will be starting tomorrow.

Political joke: What do you call the 50% of white Republicans who say they will not take the Covid-19 vaccine? Evolution in motion.

Till tomorrow stay healthy and happy, my friends.

P.S. My wife and I are going to watch 'Godzilla vs. Kong' next week.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.