Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:04:24 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A absolutely beautiful day outside
A large iced tea sounds yummy in my tummy

Excited for the spring weather and
BASEBALL TOMORROW

Hi Jeff those sound like FUN plans..
I'm not a mascot but I would sure love a peep or two !

Hi Bill glad to hear the valley of the Sun is a dull roar... Wait til baseball and it will get loud and rowdy I'm sure

Hi Larry the tea is YUMMY! how is the planting coming!

*peeking in the cookie jars * we are in good shape!
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water *
Have a great day everyone!

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16:11 PM
elizabethblack

verbal wrote:
Baseball starts TOMORROW!

It's sunny out, if a bit cold. The weather is supposed to go into full tilt summer for the next several days though! We have at least one outing planned, perhaps three: go out to a bar to watch a baseball game, go to a theater to see Kong vs. Zilla, go out to a restaurant for breakfast (something we used to always do pre-Covid). We won't do all those things. But at least one - now that my back is better, I gotta get out of the house.

Ping, Ping, Ping, you Magnificent Bastard! You gonna show up? I guess I gotta go send you an email. We can start a thread together! Ping and Verbal's Big Page of Movies!

Okay. Time to settle into the day. A coffee and a cookie please. I bought Easter treats for all the mascots - Peeps!

Enjoy the day all.

Yes! Please coax our adorable Ping out of the dark and have him come and play movies. Or whatever. hello1 hello1 hello1 hello1

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:22:51 PM
elizabethblack

grommit grommit grommit
DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi peeps

BASEBALL TOMORROW

Hi Bill glad to hear the valley of the Sun is a dull roar... Wait til baseball and it will get loud and rowdy I'm sure

Sweet, sexy Sara. Coolish and rainy day and supposed to be downright cold for the next couple. If you can do anything to bring back sunny warm weather for baseball season, I'd appreciate it. You know that the Nats opening game tomorrow is against the mighty Mets. And for some reason I read the President is not going to be throwing out the first ball. Which is always does for the Nationals Oh well. Love your cookies so much. flower flower

verbal
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:49:52 PM
verbal

elizabethblack wrote:
grommit grommit grommit
DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi peeps

BASEBALL TOMORROW

Sweet, sexy Sara. Coolish and rainy day and supposed to be downright cold for the next couple. If you can do anything to bring back sunny warm weather for baseball season, I'd appreciate it. You know that the Nats opening game tomorrow is against the mighty Mets. And for some reason I read the President is not going to be throwing out the first ball. Which is always does for the Nationals Oh well. Love your cookies so much. flower flower

Ha! Nats vs. Mets! I don't think the guy is senile or anything, but I can't imagine Biden getting the ball halfway to home plate. And then we'd have to watch footage of the attempt for weeks.

We have a bet, right, Elizabeth? Loser has to write a micro praising the other team! Get your pencil sharpened!

An iced decaf, please.

(subliminal message to Ping: join us... join us..)
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 7:29:28 PM
DenimAngel

elizabethblack wrote:
grommit grommit grommit

Sweet, sexy Sara. Coolish and rainy day and supposed to be downright cold for the next couple. If you can do anything to bring back sunny warm weather for baseball season, I'd appreciate it. You know that the Nats opening game tomorrow is against the mighty Mets. And for some reason I read the President is not going to be throwing out the first ball. Which is always does for the Nationals Oh well. Love your cookies so much. flower flower [/quote]
Sweet sexy cute as a button miss Elizabeth I would give you all the sunshine for baseball if I could.

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:12:16 AM
Survivor

Opening day. The Padres are at home against the Diamondbacks.

I have washed out the coffee percolator and put on plenty of water in the teakettle. Time for everyone to settle down in the coffeehouse.

flower

This was my 500th work here on Stories Space. Enjoy it, please.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-its-only-makebelieve-.aspx

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 8:31:15 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning greetings to all who come seeking Inspirations. As Larry so ably stated it is not only the first day in April, it is the opening day for major league baseball -- no fooling. ;)

Thanks to the combined efforts of Larry and Sarah, and no doubt inspired by the presence of Victor, coffee and cookies are available. No pushing and shoving, please. There's plenty for all -- at least there dang well better be.

Having filled both my mug (with coffee) and my free hand (with cookies) I'll retire to a comfy chair at the corner table and let the old Philco wireless start warming up for the first game broadcast.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8,

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

verbal
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 9:24:16 AM
verbal

Wah! First day of 5he regular season and the Mets-Nats game is POSTPONED!!! Covid precautions. No game scheduled for tomorrow, so Mets opening day will be Saturday. Double-wah!

Ah well. I can't get my MLB subscription to work anyway, as I try to tune in the Yankees-Bjays game. So this gives me 48 hours to figure out why they aren't recognizing my account.

So, I guess with no baseball, it's just a beautiful day outside, which should be enough. But I am still disappointed.

Coffee and a non-baseball cookie please.

EDIT: MLB.tv isn't broadcasting the video of games today, just audio, I suppose in an attempt to get us to watch ESPN, which I don't have. So, no Mets, and no games on TV today. I am, to put it mildly, annoyed.
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 10:39:42 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
A beautiful day here a sunny 59 degrees F. Birdies chirping and sun shining!
clapping YAY OPENING DAYcheerleader
Ok I'm just a teeny tiny bit excited about baseball!
Braves open their season on the road at the Phillies
Jeff that sucks rocks that the Mets aren't playing!
Larry I think the Padres will do great
Bill did you get the old TV working for some BASEBALL!
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have pecan divines, chocolate chip cookies, all nighters (peanut butter and banana) and lemon ginger cookies
In Cookie Monster we have all nighters (peanut butter and banana) ginger snaps butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies and apple cinnamon whippersnappers
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 6:29:45 AM
Survivor

The coffee is ready for any who cares to partake. The teakettle is there for the tea drinkers.

The Friars won their opener against the Diamondbacks who they play again today.

Looking forward to a good year, Inspirators.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 7:29:56 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning to all and congrats to Larry on the Padres one run win over my honetown D-backs. In fact, one-run games seemed all the rage yesterday in MLB as the Yankees, Braves, Giants, Marlins, Twins, Indians and White Sox lost by one-run. The Cubs cemented the bad day for Chicago baseball fans witha two-run loss to the Pirates. Take heart baseball fans, there's a lot more to come. ;)

Thanks to Survivor's hard(ly?) work and the astute supervision of Vic the Magnificent, there's coffee and the makings for tea. Think I'll fill my mug with coffee and grab a random samplling of Sarah's cookies then slide into a comfy chair. After that, who knows?

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 9:46:01 AM
Survivor

Good afternoon, folks.

Just thought I would mention a new member has been noticed in the forum as the latest member on the 31st of March. The username is ss_Refuses_ping

Interesting when related to Ping_Redux as the new member on the 28th of March.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 10:06:19 AM
Mendalla

Where do you even see latest members on this board? I know exactly where to look on a forum running the Xenforo software that I use on Wondercafe2 (though some admins remove or move it) but I've never really paid attention to it here.

And I'd be happy to have Ping back, but I am not sure that TPTB are.

Sipping wakoucha and enjoying the lovely weather outside through my windows. Too cool to actually sit outside.

I had a visitor for breakfast yesterday. Someone on another board thinks it's a Cooper's Hawk and some Googling seems to bear that out. Left quite a mess of feathers in the yard but the wind has taken care of it.

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 10:08:05 AM
elizabethblack

Survivor wrote:

Good afternoon, folks.

Just thought I would mention a new member has been noticed in the forum as the latest member on the 31st of March. The username is ss_Refuses_ping

Interesting when related to Ping_Redux as the new member on the 28th of March.

flower

This is strange Larry. Seems as though there is a mystery or coded message here. Maybe both. dontknow dontknow dontknow

Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 10:54:18 AM
Survivor

Mendalla wrote:
Where do you even see latest members on this board? I know exactly where to look on a forum running the Xenforo software that I use on Wondercafe2 (though some admins remove or move it) but I've never really paid attention to it here.

On the first page of the forum, there is an information area on the lower left side of the page. I check there for new members and for birthdays.

flower

verbal
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 11:02:00 AM
verbal

Grrrr.

No Opening Day, and now no Mets baseball til Monday. For the Nats fans out there the news may be even worse, though I think they are scheduled to play Monday as well.

So, the entire baseball is playing this weekend EXCEPT the Mets and Nats.

I'm grumpy. I guess out outing this weekend will be the movies instead of a game.

Congrats on your Padres, Larry. Sorry about your D-Backs, Bill.

Coffee and a cookie please.
Mendalla
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 11:05:20 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

On the first page of the forum, there is an information area on the lower left side of the page. I check there for new members and for birthdays.

flower

Kind of out of the way. Xenforo puts forum statistics, including newest member, in a "widget" so admins can move it around, but it is right side near the top by default. More likely to catch the eye there and you don't have to scroll to the bottom.

But I've grumped about the forum software on here before so I'll shut up now.

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 11:09:21 AM
Mendalla

verbal wrote:
Grrrr.

No Opening Day, and now no Mets baseball til Monday. For the Nats fans out there the news may be even worse, though I think they are scheduled to play Monday as well.

So, the entire baseball is playing this weekend EXCEPT the Mets and Nats.

I'm grumpy. I guess out outing this weekend will be the movies instead of a game.

Congrats on your Padres, Larry. Sorry about your D-Backs, Bill.

Coffee and a cookie please.

The Blue Jays started in the 70s and their original theme sure shows it. At the time they played in Exhibition Stadium, aka "The Mistake by the Lake". The Skydome aka Rogers Centre came much later. The only Jays games I attended were in Exhibition Stadium. Haven't been since they moved to the dome.

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 12:51:28 PM
DenimAngel

flower Hi everyone
A beautiful day here 61 degrees and the birdies are chirping their pretty songs.
A little iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy.
Not much going on here. The Braves have an off day today.
They play the Philllies tomorrow.
Jeff that completely rocks about the Mets!

Need to go to out today but really don't wanna move.
*peeks in the cookie jars * we are in good shape.
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Everyone have a great day and do something that makes you smile!

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 1:24:24 PM
AnnaMayZing

Hi All.
Just poking my head around the door to wish you all a Happy Easter and to offer my best wishes to you all.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2021 6:22:06 AM
Survivor

It's nice to see that your team has a winning season. The Padres have won all of their games so far. And their major opponent, the Dodgers, has what we can go ahead and call a losing season so far with even up 1-1. Padres Play the Diamondbacks again tonight. In the early part of the season, one can dream.

The coffee is hot and ready to pour. And the teakettle is yearning to brew.

See y'all later.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2021 8:32:28 AM
Mendalla

So I hope that Maggie doesn't mind me plugging something from my own board here, but thought this might be of interest to some. Another admin on that board went through cancer treatment a few years ago and is now creating a kind of blog on the site that collects up social media posts she did reflecting on that journey. It is quite good. She was posting on the board back then and I remember those posts, but this puts out a lot that I didn't hear back then.

https://www.wondercafe2.ca/forums/unexpected/

In other news, the weather is decent but tomorrow is looking excellent. Doing indoor housework today and putting off the outdoor stuff (including cleaning up after my guest) until tomorrow.

Writing but not for here at the moment, though I have two old drafts sitting waiting for me to get them finished in my head so I can get back to them.

Kettle is on. Anyone else for tea?

verbal
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2021 12:56:31 PM
verbal

Congrats on the Pares 2-0 start Larry. And sorry for the 0-2 D-Back start Bill.

As for the Mets, we are undefeated! Because we haven't played. And I have writer's critique on Monday, so even though the season started Thursday, I won't be able to watch a game until Tuesday. Grrr.

Still. It's a lovely day here. So perhaps we'll replace our sports bar afternoon outing with a walk around the neighborhood. And Zilla-Kong still calls out from the movie theater!

Anyway. Everyone enjoy their weekend. I think I have room for one more cup of coffee. And a cookie!

If Ping ever shows up, get him a coffee on me.
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2021 1:26:52 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here. The sun is shining and the birdies are chirping

*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the Easter cookie jar to the tippy top with EASTER cookies*
Cookies shaped like : bunnies, Easter baskets, carrots and Easter eggs
Tomorrow will probably be more Easter cookies just to let you know
*putting up the Easter decorations *
*putting stuffed bunnies around a table for a tea party*

*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like Easter eggs *

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2021 1:57:43 PM
Mendalla

verbal wrote:
And Zilla-Kong still calls out from the movie theater!

GODzilla. "Zilla" is what the Japanese call that monster that the Americans mistook for Godzilla in 1997. Please have some respect for our kaiju rulers.

* scarfs cookies and makes a green tea *

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2021 2:07:18 PM
Rumple_deWriter

What's up? Well, here in the Valley of the Sun, what's up is the temp which just hit 90f. Think I'll stay inside to follow the two men's semi-final college basketball games (Baylor vs Houston & Gonzaga vs UCLA) while sipping on Larry's coffee and Sarah's cookies.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2021 6:15:15 AM
Survivor

We are looking at the 80s for the temperature here today. That means it is my job to walk Victor.

I've got the percolator cleaned out and fresh coffee perking. Hot water is here for the tea drinkers.

The Padres are in the lead in NL West. They play the Giants tomorrow.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2021 7:56:32 AM
Mendalla

Only 60-61F here. Sunny, though, so my deck should feel warm. Planning to do some outdoor work this afternoon. How much depends on how warm it actually feels.

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2021 10:52:38 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
HAPPY EASTER
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
A beautiful day outside.
More Easter cookies today..

*filling the cookie jars and leaving a plate of cookies on the counter *
Todays offerings are : butterflies, ducks, chicks, easter eggs, bunny faces bunny butts and tulips
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like Easter baskets *

Hope everyone is staying safe and having a fantastic day

verbal
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2021 1:09:33 PM
verbal

Oooh, tough weekend, Sara. Swept by the Phillies. I actually listened to most of that last game - a heartbreaker! Of course, the Phillies face the Mets tomorrow, so now they'll get some real competition. :)

HAPPY EASTER!

Tough weekend for you too Bill. Larry's Padres fared well against you!

Spectacularly lazy weekend, but that's not a bad thing. Wrote and critiqued and listened to a few games. No GODzilla (happy Scott?), but my daughter REALLY wants to see it this week, in the theater.

We have a ticket to the scary phone call thing tomorrow. I don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but at 8 tomorrow we are supposed to be in a dark room with a phone. Someone will call, and it will be scary. It's called "claws." That's all I know. They even provided a safe word for if we get too scared. We're supposed to be on headphones, but we are cheating and doing it on speakerphone, cuz tickets are $35!!!

And, AFTER the call, I will finally sit down and watch my first Mets game of the year, pre-recorded.

Enjoy the end of the weekend everyone. I'll have a bunny butt cookie please.