Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 12:52:33 PM
DenimAngel

verbal wrote:
[

Thanks Larry. I'll post it there on Thursday.

That mischievous lil monkey ate ALL the banana cookies! It wasn't me!!! Can I have some more please?

*gives you a plate of banana cookies *
I think Molly had help with the banana cookies

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 6:31:08 AM
Survivor

It is continually raining now. We have had enough. We need to bag up dead leaves and twigs and branches.

I see that outside as I look through the windows, putting the water on to percolate for coffee and the teakettle to warm up for tea and cocoa.

Staying inside today is the order of business.

flower

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-sharing-passionate-journeys-.aspx
verbal
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 10:32:18 AM
verbal

Yesterday's snow never materialized, which is a good thing. Partly sunny outside, and nice.

I made shaved beef sandwiches last night. Lotsa mushrooms and peppers. Basically Philly cheesesteaks without the cheese. :) They were REALLY good. Talia was impressed.

Lazy day today. Not even bothering with the game - I need to see one where the wins and losses count. Soon.

Molly the monkey ate all my cookies yesterday. Can I have all hers today?

Coffee would be awesome.
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 11:14:33 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi Peeps
A large iced coffee with green whipped cream in honor of it St Patricks Day

Oh today is also Bill's Birthday
*peeking in the cookie jar * we are still good with St Patricks Day sugar cookies that are diabetic friendly too .
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like shamrocks *
Jeff ... Molly is a silly sneaky little monkey gotta watch your cookies if you don't plan to share.. Giggles.
Larry too much rain gets boring.

Today is shaping up to be a quiet day. Might get some writing done got some animals chattering in my head to be written about.

Stay safe and enjoy your day!

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 11:46:13 AM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:

Oh today is also Bill's Birthday

Bill is St. Patrick?? Not sure "saint" is the word I would use, but let's go for it. icon_biggrin

Good afternoon and Happy St. Paddy's Day!! I am celebrating with green tea (no it's not particularly Irish, but it is green). And a couple of those cookies, of course.

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
verbal
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 12:18:17 PM
verbal

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!!!

Here's some cake!

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 1:55:16 PM
AnnaMayZing

Just dropped in to wish Bill a very happy birthday, and to leave this cake. I hope he shares it with you all. There should be enough to go around. hello2

I hope that you are all keeping well.

Catch you soon. hello2 hello2 hello2

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
gillianleeza
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 2:21:29 PM
gillianleeza

LauraDanielle
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 7:24:51 PM
LauraDanielle

Hey everyone. I've known about this place for a while, but I don't believe I've ever actually popped in to say hi. I need to start making mental notes to visit this site more often.

How are we all?

rolandlytle
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 12:47:51 AM
rolandlytle

LauraDanielle wrote:
Hey everyone. I've known about this place for a while, but I don't believe I've ever actually popped in to say hi. I need to start making mental notes to visit this site more often.

How are we all?

You are always welcome here, Laura. 2407_group_hug

There is no more snow on my back porch, my pond is now fully melted, and the geese are back. Winter is over.

I am writing a short story that I hope will be finished by Monday.

Hello to all, and have a great day! love7

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 6:30:03 AM
Survivor

Good morning. Hi, Laura and Roland. I will get the coffee on and the teakettle ready. The weekly trash pickup is going on now. They've picked up the recycling and the garden debris.

It has been wet all night but I hope it will dry up today and give us some warmer weather.

flower

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-sharing-passionate-journeys-.aspx
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 7:55:51 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Howdy to all seeking to obtain and/or share inspirations or just get on the warmer, drier half of the outside / inside reality.

Larry, a multitude of thanks for getting things stirring. If Victor is with you, please give his ears a good scratch for me. Roland, as always it's a goodness to have you among us. And any appearance by Laura ranks as a major goodness

And speaking of goodness, Sarah's cookies are calling me and I'm bound to obey. Along with a mug of Larry's coffee, it makes for a breakfast of, well, of sorts. ;)

Later, Inspirators. glasses8 .

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

verbal
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 9:58:37 AM
verbal

LauraDanielle wrote:

How are we all?

Hello Laura! Nice to see you!

One last Happy Birthday for Bill!

Busy day! Dropping a short story today on Amazon, I'll put a link up in the promotions thread soon.

There's also a baseball game starting in about 5 minutes. Lindor is starting to heat up for the Mets!

And I'm going back to visit the old house and hang out with my daughter for the afternoon. Fun!

Other than that, some coffee, cookies, and a little cuddle from the monkey, and I'll be good to go.

Enjoy your day all.
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 11:44:51 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
A beautiful day here in my neck of the woods

It's nice to see this place so busy.

*moving the left over cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and washing out the pot of gold cookie jar and the baseball cookie jar and drying them off and putting them in their boxes and tucking them behind the counter *

Now on to today's offerings of cookies
In Big Bird we have oatmeal raisin cookies, butterscotch crunch cookies, white chocolate supremes and red velvet cookies
In Cookie Monster we have red velvet cookies, ginger snaps, blueberry shortbread cookies and angel kisses
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Stay safe everyone!

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 6:37:06 AM
Rumple_deWriter

TGIF greetings to all who enter is bastion of old world culture and charm. The coffee pot has been serviced and is now ready to provide hot caffeinated ambrosia to all in need. The tea kettle is also ready for duty.

Me, like a Martin to its box, I'm heading for some of Sarah's oatmeal raisin cookies (btw - what's an Angel Kiss cookie?) Think I'll set outside to enjoy. them and a mug of hot coffee.

Later Inspirators. glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 6:42:20 AM
Survivor

Hello there, Bill. Thanks for the coffee setup. I am ready for it. I will be getting the second Pfizer jab later this morning.

flower

verbal
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 10:57:59 AM
verbal

Talia got her appointment for her first shot. I finally got around to registering for it and was put on a waiting list. Still, we should both be vaccinated soon. So nice to see this long nightmare beginning to (maybe, hopefully) end.

Not much going on today. I'm a little crabby. Mets have a 2-0 lead.

A cup of coffee and a banana cookie would hit the spot!
rolandlytle
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 1:10:23 PM
rolandlytle

It is great to see all of you getting the vaccines. We have had enough death from this. More than 2.7 million deaths in the world and 550,000 deaths in the US. (That includes more than 11,000 in the VA facilities)
I am so fortunate. We in the Lytle household have had no deaths among our family or friends. We are blessed in this regard. Yet, somehow, I have felt the misery of those deaths and cried tears for their survivors.

Sorry for the downer this afternoon. I am just finding it hard to cope with it all. I guess I am just a fool to lament the world's losses when I have so much to be grateful for.

I will have some green tea and set awhile. A relaxing time with friends will rejuvenate me, I hope.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 2:24:25 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A beautiful day here saw all kinds of birdies today
It was almost 70degrees today.

My friend wanted to go to yard sales so we got out and saw a couple of them which was fun I found some neat things so YAY!

*peeking in the cookie jars *we are in good shape

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 3:12:41 PM
DenimAngel

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
TGIF greetings to all who enter is bastion of old world culture and charm. The coffee pot has been serviced and is now ready to provide hot caffeinated ambrosia to all in need. The tea kettle is also ready for duty.

Me, like a Martin to its box, I'm heading for some of Sarah's oatmeal raisin cookies (btw - what's an Angel Kiss cookie?) Think I'll set outside to enjoy. them and a mug of hot coffee.

Later Inspirators. glasses8

Bill an Angel Kiss cookie is soft cookie with a Hershey kiss in the center.

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 4:39:02 PM
Mendalla

LauraDanielle wrote:

How are we all?

Hey there, Laura. Nice to see you pop by. Check out the cookie stash. Sara's attempt to keep our glucose up.

I am doing well but sometimes wish I was down there where you are. We are hitting our third wave of everyone's favorite virus here in Ontario.

DenimAngel wrote:
Bill an Angel Kiss cookie is soft cookie with a Hershey kiss in the center.

I'm in! Should go nicely with an evening green tea.

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2021 6:22:07 AM
Survivor

Spring for us up here in the Northern Hemisphere is starting today. It actually seems like spring. We will get the season started with some coffee. I'm sure that meets the approval of some folks. For others, we have the teakettle on and ready for tea and cocoa.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2021 6:30:34 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, y'all, and thanks for the coffee, Larry. Most of my family living up in your neck of the woods are down here in Phoenix for baby showers, meetings with both paternal grandparents and this old maternal great grandparent. Odds are I'm gonna be a tad busy this weekend.

With my coffee mug filled as is my other hand with Sarah's cookies, I'll slip outside for a last moment of peace and quiet. ;)

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2021 7:25:16 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

Spring for us up here in the Northern Hemisphere is starting today.
flower

And it is a lovely spring day here. Sunny and double digit (Celsius) highs. Might hit the riverside path for a walk instead of just staying in my neighbourhood assuming the river isn't in flood (and I'm not seeing anything on the city or conservation authority sites that says it is).

Kettle is one for the tea crowd. I've got a cup of my Scottish breakfast tea on the go.

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2021 12:00:08 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
Rough night with family drama..

*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, pecan divines and butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies
In Cookie Monster we have chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter and banana cookies, ginger snaps and butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies
Hope everyone has a great day

gillianleeza
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2021 12:50:02 PM
gillianleeza

Happy first day of spring! It's a sunny day but a bit chilly here. The daffodils are all up and blooming, my tulips aren't far behind.

My husband and I are on the waiting list for a shot. Since we have both had Covid I am not as concerned about when we get the shot. NIH does some interesting studies. One shows that people who have had Covid can have a more robust response to the first shot. I am hoping that is not the case. I've had enough of Covid symptoms to last a lifetime. I still cannot smell or taste properly and the fatigue still hanging on is upsetting at times.

I am thankful my parents have been vaccinated and we can now visit more regularly. I have a lot to be thankful for. My youngest son is settling nicely in Vancouver. His girlfriend is working and studying for her master's degree in Germany for now. She will be joining him in the late summer or fall.

I am looking forward to when we can travel again. I miss visiting my husband's family in Newfoundland and we would love to go see our son in Vancouver as well. Hopefully, we can do both of those in the not-so-distant future.

Today is bread baking day. We are making raisin molasses bread and I am attempting brioche bread for the first time.

I'll take a couple of cookies to keep up my energy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2021 6:19:13 AM
Survivor

Good morning. Lovely day here. The pup just came back from his walk and I just got my first cuppa coffee from the pot. Of course, there is plenty of hot water in the teakettle. C'mon in.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2021 12:56:27 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy right about now
Rough night dealing with my sister and her issues.
It is shaping up to be a lazy day.

*peeking in the cookie jars * Yay still in good shape

The weather is beautiful here so the windows are open and the birdies are chirping their pretty songs
Stay safe and do something fun that you enjoy!

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2021 12:58:34 PM
Mendalla

Rough nights do tend to lead to lazy days in my experience. Hope things are okay with you and sis.

Yep, gorgeous here, too. Heading out for a walk soon. Just resting after doing cleaning (wash floors and vacuum carpets).

verbal
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 10:15:02 AM
verbal

gillianleeza wrote:
Happy first day of spring! It's a sunny day but a bit chilly here. The daffodils are all up and blooming, my tulips aren't far behind.

My husband and I are on the waiting list for a shot. Since we have both had Covid I am not as concerned about when we get the shot. NIH does some interesting studies. One shows that people who have had Covid can have a more robust response to the first shot. I am hoping that is not the case. I've had enough of Covid symptoms to last a lifetime. I still cannot smell or taste properly and the fatigue still hanging on is upsetting at times.

I am thankful my parents have been vaccinated and we can now visit more regularly. I have a lot to be thankful for. My youngest son is settling nicely in Vancouver. His girlfriend is working and studying for her master's degree in Germany for now. She will be joining him in the late summer or fall.

I am looking forward to when we can travel again. I miss visiting my husband's family in Newfoundland and we would love to go see our son in Vancouver as well. Hopefully, we can do both of those in the not-so-distant future.

Today is bread baking day. We are making raisin molasses bread and I am attempting brioche bread for the first time.

I'll take a couple of cookies to keep up my energy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

It's nice to see your life (everybody's life!) start to slowly loosen up. Glad you are looking forward to seeing family in the future. We are actually discussing the honeymoon again! A truncated version anyway - a train trip in a sleeper car out to Kali and up the left coast.

My back is out. Wah! Talia had to help me pee this morning. That's true love! So my day will consist of baseball and reading and testing my ability to get to the bathroom.

I hope everyone is well. I see there are some new stories on the front page, I will try to get to them today. I would love a cup of coffee and a handful of cookies. And a hug from that lil monkey!