Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:45:39 PM
DenimAngel

gillianleeza wrote:
Okay, who ate all the snickerdoodles?

My son left on Tuesday for his job in Vancouver. He should get there on Sunday. He's very excited. I felt sick and sad all that day. My empty nest is now permanent, I think, lol. My sons are welcome back for visits but hopefully will not need to return home. The pandemic caused the younger two to return for a bit. They are all now successful in their personal and professional lives. I know I'll feel sad for a while, but will eventually enjoy having a quieter house.

I start physical therapy in two weeks for my collar bone injury. It will be nice to get out of the house for something other than grocery shopping. At least I can drive again.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers!

There are some snickerdoodles in the cookie tin with Rudolph the RedNose reindeer on the top

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021 4:20:33 AM
Rumple_deWriter

How y'all are? Me, I was better but I got over that. ;)

Sarah, thanks for reposting Gill's post. That lady is tough as they come which considering what she's had to put up with recently, is a blessing.

The coffee pot has been rinsed out, filled with whatever coffee Scott left under the counter and water from the faucet out back. Enjoy! ;) And a more sincere thanks to Sarah for the replenished cookie supply.

I'll now fill my mug with coffee, grab some of those cookies, and then amble over to the corner table and sit myself down in the comfy chair closest to the heater.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

Survivor
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021 6:12:14 AM
Survivor

Hello, folks.

I had to do the morning chores. Put away the dishes from the dishwasher and the ones hand-washed in the sink. Then I changed the flickering light-bulb. That should take care of it for a few months. Victor came back from his walk as I was making our bed. Now he's watching the traffic as I try to get caught up with my computer chores. Good coffee today.

flower

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-forewarning-.aspx
rolandlytle
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021 7:33:32 AM
rolandlytle

Salutations to all!

In my yard, we got 12cm of snow yesterday. The snowfall stopped last night, bringing our three day total to 58cm. After the snow ended, the temperature plummeted to -22ā„ƒ windchill.
Liz is snoring away across the room in the bed. She did not go to work today because she is not feeling good. I rubbed her back for a few moments and said to her, "you feel great to me."
I was quickly removed from the bed, and I am seated at my computer in the dark, being very quiet.
I could use a hot cup of tea, Earl Green, if you have it, and a biscuit. I will bring some honey on toast and a batch of ambrosia (oranges, pineapple, shredded coconut, maraschino cherries, and miniature marshmellows-optional).

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021 8:13:03 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

I don't need a drink, I need Jane.

The first season of WL finished on Monday and I don't know when I'll see her again cause nobody has said anything about when we're getting the second season yet. crybaby

(...and before anyone asks, no, I've not seen Monday's episode - and I probably won't for awhile cause I'm not ready.)

Somebody: You attract what you fear.
Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021 12:06:41 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows will be great!

Working on a few things so maybe I'll get something finished.
*peeking in the cookie jars * we have cookie bandits
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Hope everyone is having a great day and staying safe!

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021 1:52:52 PM
Mendalla

Another week has flown by. Will time ever slow down for a bit? Oh well, it's a weekend and it is one more week until a long weekend here. So there's that to look forward to.

Green Tea and cookies time.

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021 6:25:37 PM
elizabethblack

rolandlytle wrote:
Salutations to all!

In my yard, we got 12cm of snow yesterday. The snowfall stopped last night, bringing our three day total to 58cm. After the snow ended, the temperature plummeted to -22ā„ƒ windchill.
Liz is snoring away across the room in the bed. She did not go to work today because she is not feeling good. I rubbed her back for a few moments and said to her, "you feel great to me."
I was quickly removed from the bed, and I am seated at my computer in the dark, being very quiet.
I could use a hot cup of tea, Earl Green, if you have it, and a biscuit. I will bring some honey on toast and a batch of ambrosia (oranges, pineapple, shredded coconut, maraschino cherries, and miniature marshmellows-optional).

Oh this is so funny! I love it. We women can be so evil. I will be chuckling about this for a long time.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 4:41:11 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning to all with a HUG for Ms Elizabeth and a hearty, 'Looke what the dog done drug in,' to Roland.

The coffee pot is clean, filled with dark roast and water from an artesian spring still flowing near my hometown. Same goes for our perky tea kettle escept it didn't get the coffee.

Sarah's cookies are in stock and all come with high recommendations. Anyone grabbing more than a handful risks being labeled a 'greedy gut'.

With my mug full of coffee in one hand and a representative assortment of Sarah's cookies in my other one, I'll make my way to the corner table and hope the comfy chair nearest the heater is unoccupied.

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 6:08:13 AM
Survivor

Here I am, dear friends. Time for some of Bill's coffee. Always darned good. The pot is getting lower so I'll make another percolator of coffee soon.

We're expecting an inch of snow tonight but it is all clear outside now. It is very cold, though. 23 degrees F at the moment.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 6:27:01 AM
Mendalla

Shovelling again. It was a bit icy, maybe from the freezing fog we had or maybe a bit of freezing drizzle got mixed in with the snowfall. -11C(12.2F) this morning so I was a wee bit chilled to say the least by the time I came in, even wearing heavy mitts, a parka, and my official company toque (yes, in Canada even companies have toques).

Hot tea and maybe a couple couple cookies should warm me up, though.

gillianleeza
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 9:26:17 AM
gillianleeza

Afternoon everyone.

My son who is traveling is very independent but when he's scared he still calls Mom. He called at eleven last night after white-knuckle driving in the mountains all day with occasional whiteout conditions. Today is not going to be any better. I wish he would wait it out but he has a timetable he wants to stick to. At least he texted me this morning that they are going to drive south and try to go around the worst mountain passes and the blizzard conditions. It will add four or five hours to his trip but is the safer course of action. Of course, I will be worried sick all day until I hear from him hopefully safe in Seattle tonight.

I clean and organize when I am worried so my house is looking good, lol.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We're not big football fans but we always make appetizer-type foods and watch the game anyway. We usually have people over but it will just be the two of us this year.

I'll have a Coke and some cookies to go, please.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 10:34:23 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

...so I'm still going by Xander but now I also go by Elyse (and yes, my pronouns are still they/them). Carry on.

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 11:56:25 AM
Mendalla

gillianleeza wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

My son who is traveling is very independent but when he's scared he still calls Mom. He called at eleven last night after white-knuckle driving in the mountains all day with occasional whiteout conditions. Today is not going to be any better. I wish he would wait it out but he has a timetable he wants to stick to. At least he texted me this morning that they are going to drive south and try to go around the worst mountain passes and the blizzard conditions. It will add four or five hours to his trip but is the safer course of action. Of course, I will be worried sick all day until I hear from him hopefully safe in Seattle tonight.

Ugh. I've driven some mountain passes in summer and my thought was, "Damn, glad I don't have to do this in January." Kids. angry7

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 11:58:34 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows will be great
I hope everyone is staying warm

Gill thanks for the update on your sons travels
Scott yikes stay bundle up when shoveling snow
Larry yikes stay warm I bet Victor looks adorable in his snow coat
Good to see everyone here today

Working on a poem and a story we will see if anything gets finished

I have fresh cookies today
*moving the leftover cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh
cookies *
In Big Bird we have : oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate fudge cookies, butterscotch sugar cookies and maple walnut cookies
In Cookie Monster we have : butterscotch sugar cookies, ginger snaps, chocolate chip banana cookies and white chocolate supremes
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like party hats *
Have a great day and stay safe everyone!

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 12:49:26 PM
Survivor

Looking back I see myself driving a number of times in blizzard conditions and thinking how silly I was to do so at the time. And how very lucky I have been over the years. Gill, I'm sure your son will take extra care simply to make sure his mother is happy with the results when he arrives safely in Seattle.

We are getting the snow predicted here. I am not looking for more than an inch or so.

I've been thinking about a writing contest I will be entering. My concern was simply what kind of poem to write. I do believe I have settled on using blank verse and letting it be however many lines it needs to be as I write it. Now comes the fun part, actually writing poetry. I love writing poetry. It is my go-to way to write. I have 288 poems here on-site while I have 200 pieces in other categories.

Time to get to work now after I make a cuppa hot tea to start the afternoon.

flower

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 3:34:15 PM
henrietta_fielding

gillianleeza wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I clean and organize when I am worried so my house is looking good, lol.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We're not big football fans but we always make appetizer-type foods and watch the game anyway. We usually have people over but it will just be the two of us this year.

I'll have a Coke and some cookies to go, please.

Cheers!

What a worry, Gill! Keep us posted and let us know when he arrives safely. Sending hugs to you!

This side of the pond, the 6 Nations rugby tournament has started this weekend. Always exciting!

I'll have a lemon and ginger tea and a handful of Sara's delipus cookies, while I'm at it.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 3:34:54 PM
henrietta_fielding

Oops! Double post! *snaffles more cookies*

rolandlytle
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 4:12:01 PM
rolandlytle

magnificent1rascal wrote:
Hi everyone! hello2

After spending the day at a writers conference, Iā€™m stopping in to unwind before heading home. What a wonderful spot this is!

That sounds like fun. I am glad you are having a good time. It is nice to share a warm drink with friends.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 2:28:18 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

Jane. That's it; that's the post.

love10 love10 love10

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 5:39:22 AM
Mendalla

henrietta_fielding wrote:

This side of the pond, the 6 Nations rugby tournament has started this weekend. Always exciting!

Funnily enough, I was trying to explain the difference between American football (which is descended from rugby) and rugby to a German member over on another board. She was asking because of references to the Super Bowl.

Good morning, everyone, on the day of the Big Game that I shall endeavour to ignore.

Coffee and kettle are on! Hopefully Sara will be along later with some football-appropriate goodies but for now, I've stocked the breakfast bar with an assortment of muffins and pastries.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 6:42:17 AM
Survivor

We'll just make sure there is coffee for anyone who stops by, along with hot water for the tea drinkers.

Snow still on the ground and we expect more today and tomorrow.

Ya'll have a nice day.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 7:18:49 AM
Rumple_deWriter

What's happening, Spacers? Many thanks to Larry for the set-up. No doubt the coffee will be caffeinated ambrosia.

Time to grab a mug full of that fine brew, a generous helping of Sarah's cookies an then retire to a comfy chair near the heater to delve into something of an improving nature. ;)

gillianleeza
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 9:56:15 AM
gillianleeza

henrietta_fielding wrote:

My youngest son, the traveler, played rugby from middle school through college. He loved it and I enjoyed attending his games, most of the time. After his second serious concussion, I was less than thrilled. He was always the smallest on his team but that never slowed him down. I'll admit I still don't understand all the rules.

He made it to Portland Oregon late and called at two in the morning. They had to drive quite a bit further south to avoid all the bad weather in the mountains. His friend got a cheaper flight back home and my son is finishing his drive to Vancouver today. It's only a five-hour drive so that should be a breeze after 10-15 hour days. Of course, I couldn't sleep after listening to him chatter on, he forgot it's three hours later here. But I am happy and relieved he made it through the worst weather, he should only have to deal with rain now.

We had a few inches of snow this morning, but now it's a rainy cold mess. It's a good day to stay inside and watch the game. I think I'll spend the day reading and napping.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
Adagio
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 10:55:48 AM
Adagio

Inspired by the beauty of it all. Life is good. Will return to normal somewhere down the line. Hopefully, the vaccine will ease the pain of people who are pent-up. We will get through this. Keep the light of prayer on.
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 11:27:56 AM
DenimAngel

Hi everyone
HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
A large coffee would be fantastic.
Sister had a bad night with her issues which means me being the sweet big sister got no sleep

I do have Superbowl appropriate snacks
*sits a plate of cookies on the counter half with KC Chiefs helmets and half with TB Buccaneers helmets and lots of football shaped cookies
I also brought a veggie tray with all kinds of yummy veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers and baby tomatoes)
I brought a big serving plate of chili cheese fries too

*moving the cookies from the cookie jars to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and football treats *
Stay safe everyone!

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2021 2:38:19 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

This isn't me desperately wanting to kiss Jane instead of sleeping like I should be, I swear. love10

Survivor
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2021 6:58:10 AM
Survivor

Hello, folks. It's wonderful what some coffee grounds will do to a pot of Kansas River water. Or a teabag. Anyway, the morning brews are nearly ready.

flower

gillianleeza
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2021 10:30:34 AM
gillianleeza

Good afternoon everyone. I am happy to say that my son made it successfully to Vancouver. He is settled in his apartment for his two-week quarantine. I'll probably talk to him more now than I did when he was here. He's going to be bored. Even better news his girlfriend got a job offer in Vancouver and can join him in a few months.

I can finally get some sleep tonight; I don't have to worry about him driving in bad weather anymore.

I hope everyone who watched it enjoyed the Super Bowl.

Sarah, I love chili cheese fries but haven't had them in years. It's the perfect super bowl snack.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
Mendalla
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2021 1:59:01 PM
Mendalla

Good to hear he made it okay. Now he's on the right side of the border, all will be well. evil4

Good afternoon Inspirators. It's been a Monday here. Kind of blah, really. I'm trying my hand at writing these days but it's a tough slog for some reason. Lack of inspiration or something. A couple of the stories are pretty good, too, just having trouble sticking with them.

No Sara yet but there's plenty of football and helmet cookies left to go with an afternoon cup of your preferred hot beverage.