Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 5:34:24 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Morning, y'all and welcome to December. Sympathy is hereby extended to the quickly aging Xander (31 or thereabouts) for having to endure the unendurable aging process without his Lady Jane. ;)

Thanks Rumple. What hurts the most is not that I'm getting older, but that WL isn't going to be back until January 11th which means I can't be with my "lady Jane," as you like to call her on (or near) my birthday. crybaby

Somebody: You attract what you fear.
Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 6:49:42 AM
Survivor

Hello, fellows. Glad to see the java ready. I don't need hot water at the moment.

Going to the dentist this afternoon. That is a chore I have to endure every 6 months.

We know it is officially winter here because the lawn service will stop mowing the grass in the neighborhood now. They will not resume until next spring. It will be their function to plow the snow if it ever gets deep enough on our drives and sidewalks. We shall see.

flower

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-sharing-passionate-journeys-.aspx
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 11:24:42 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

I'm exhausted. I only got maybe an hour or two of sleep last night, neither of which included snuggles with Jane.

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 12:41:52 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A large coffee would be greatly appreciated
A beautiful day here even if it's chilly
Went to the library today which was always a treat!

Hope everyone is staying safe and sound
Good to see everyone here today!

*peeks in the cookie jars * no cookie bandits today
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 12:49:44 PM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

We know it is officially winter here because the lawn service will stop mowing the grass in the neighborhood now.

We know it is officially winter because the snow is up to the tops of our boots and still coming down. clown

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 5:48:02 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

God, I miss my Jane. I keep reaching out for her hand but all I ever get is one of my remotes or something. crybaby

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 7:03:55 AM
Survivor

Hello, hello. I have my cuppa and I am getting on with it. I hope all is well with the crowd. Have fun today, champs.

flower

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-sharing-passionate-journeys-.aspx
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 8:05:33 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, y'all. Gypsy has unveiled the next Stories Space Challenge over on the 'Prompts and Challenges' forum. This one should be very interesting. Be sure to check it out for details.

Thanks to Larry there's an almost full pot of coffee and a cookie or two left for we, the late arrivals. Odds are the tea kettle is full of hot water but I didn't check. So if you're into tea or hot chocolate, approach with caution. ;)

Later, Inspirators glasses8

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

gillianleeza
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 12:16:42 PM
gillianleeza

The story challenge sounds interesting, now I'm researching what is in the public domain. Maybe this means my writing muse will return, fingers crossed.

I am feeling much better these days. Feeling well enough to complain and be resentful is definitely a sign of progress for me. I even went out for a very short walk and a brief trip to the grocery store. Not at the same time and I did have to take a nap afterward, but it is progress. I know how lucky I am.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I'll take a few cookies to go.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 2:13:19 PM
DenimAngel

wave hi everyone
It's cold here! A large hot chocolate with a truckload of mini marshmallows will make me happy!
This cold weather is no fun.
I do have fresh cookies today
In Cookie Monster we have butterscotch marshmallow bar, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and maple walnut cookies
In Big Bird we have cappuccino royale cookies, candy cane cookies, ginger snaps and maple walnut cookies
Stay safe everyone!

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 5:55:31 PM
elizabethblack

Lfunny
Mendalla wrote:
Survivor wrote:

We know it is officially winter here because the lawn service will stop mowing the grass in the neighborhood now.

We know it is officially winter because the snow is up to the tops of our boots and still coming down. clown

Lfunny Scott, that is a really good one. I'm complaining because it only got to 41F yesterday. Almost froze to death.

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 5:57:32 PM
elizabethblack

gillianleeza wrote:
The story challenge sounds interesting, now I'm researching what is in the public domain. Maybe this means my writing muse will return, fingers crossed.

I am feeling much better these days. Feeling well enough to complain and be resentful is definitely a sign of progress for me. I even went out for a very short walk and a brief trip to the grocery store. Not at the same time and I did have to take a nap afterward, but it is progress. I know how lucky I am.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I'll take a few cookies to go.

Cheers!

Gill,
hello1 I am so glad to being kept up to date on how you are doing. Nasty luck, but so glad to hear you are able to grumble and whine. 'Course I do that every day and I am not sick.

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:05:11 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

I finally have an ebook version of Anne Robinson's autobiography omg. love10

I've been trying to find one for eleven years. I...

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2020 6:31:34 AM
Survivor

Good morning. It is rather gloomy outside, sort of foggy, and chilly. I'm getting the coffee perking and the water is ready for tea now.

There always seems to be plenty of cookies when I get here so go ahead and enjoy. Sara is always dependable about bringing along more.

Let's see if we can get some writing done today.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2020 8:15:57 AM
Mendalla

elizabethblack wrote:

Lfunny Scott, that is a really good one. I'm complaining because it only got to 41F yesterday. Almost froze to death.

One thing about work from home ... I didn't have to go out in it except to bring in the trash bins. Nice here now, but still cold. Looks like this snow may stick around. Last one melted basically the next day.

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2020 1:51:02 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A very chilly day here. A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows will be greatly appreciated.
Hope everyone stays warm where it is cold
A good day to curl up and do some reading and writing!
Good to see everyone here!
*peeks in the cookie jars * no cookie bandits today!

Stay safe everyone!

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2020 9:57:18 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

I...it hasn't really sunk in that there's a WL hiatus yet. I have my moments of knowing, of course, but mostly I'm just confused and numb and lost.

crybaby love9

Survivor
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 6:27:14 AM
Survivor

Good morning, gentlefolk. I have the usual going on here in the coffee house. The java is perking away and the tea kettle is burbling. All is set to get the show on the road.

In an hour I must be off to have a tooth extracted. Some months ago it broke off and left the mere stub. It was not painful and caused no particular harm. But now I must have other work done to create a bridge and that stub is in the way. It must be removed. I'll get that done this morning.

When I get back home I can work on some writing.

Xander, you will be strong, I'm sure. Gill, you will stay in our thoughts as you get back to normal. Let us hope that is soon. Anna, we are hoping all of your pain goes away quickly.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 8:30:17 AM
Mendalla

Hi, Xander! Hi, Larry!

I am missing a tooth right now myself. Had it removed in August. There's a long story but it finally had to go. Was going to get an implant done before Christmas but with the COVID surge around here, decided to wait until things quiet down.

I really need to give Weakest Link a view sometime, I guess. Had kind of forgotten it existed until Xander started talking about it. Didn't even know Jane Lynch was now the host for the US version. No one has tried mounting a Canadian version, yet.

Snowing here again but what else is new. It's December in Ontario. Drinking a nice lemon tea (Tea Haus Lemon Grove) as I work.

Robert0909
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 8:40:34 AM
Robert0909

AnnaMayZing wrote:
Hi peeps.

Feeling a little sorry for myself today... I fell down the stairs. crybaby
Hit my elbow and my back so am now in some considerable discomfort. Still, no serious damage done so could have been much worse.

I hope you are all keeping well and safe and that Gillian continues to mend.

Keep doing what you do.

hello2 wave

I'd offer a back massage, but I suspect you are locked down tight, so take it easy. Thought: Matron Kauffman might be of more use to you. Rest if you can.
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 9:04:04 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

Mendalla wrote:
I really need to give Weakest Link a view sometime, I guess. Had kind of forgotten it existed until Xander started talking about it. Didn't even know Jane Lynch was now the host for the US version. No one has tried mounting a Canadian version, yet.

Yes, yes, you do. It's streaming on Hulu and PeacockTV here in the states but idk about Canada.

I love the original, too, but that's really tough to find cause nobody is streaming it. I mean, there's some episodes on YouTube but otherwise...nothing.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 9:16:11 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Hello Robert, and welcome to Inspirations, the most happening coffee shop on Stories Space. Of course, this is also the only coffee shop around here but no doubt a Starbucks will soon be opening nearby.

If you are a writer, think about accepting the new 'Challenge' over on the 'Prompts and Challenges' forum. And come back soon.

Welshdreamer42
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 11:07:10 AM
Welshdreamer42

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Hello Robert, and welcome to Inspirations, the most happening coffee shop on Stories Space. Of course, this is also the only coffee shop around here but no doubt a Starbucks will soon be opening nearby.

If you are a writer, think about accepting the new 'Challenge' over on the 'Prompts and Challenges' forum. And come back soon.

Not inspired to do it, sorry. I’m not impressed with the way this site is treating its writers at present angry7

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."

Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

My competition stories:
Picture On My Wall
The Last Train
Fading
Letting Go
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 1:06:54 PM
DenimAngel

Hi everyone flower
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
Got to the library today for Christmas movies!
I have fresh cookies today
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have butterscotch sugar cookies, cheery cherry chocolate cookies, gingerbread men and pecan divines
In Cookie Monster we have butterscotch sugar cookies, cheery cherry chocolate cookies, gingerbread reindeer cookies and cocoa snaps
Stay safe everyone!

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 10:53:38 PM
magnificent1rascal

Welshdreamer42 wrote:
Rumple_deWriter wrote:

Not inspired to do it, sorry. I’m not impressed with the way this site is treating its writers at present angry7

I’m sorry, Helen. I’ve sent you a PM.

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2020 5:14:04 AM
henrietta_fielding

Nice to catch up everyone's news here! So glad you're starting to feel better, Gill! (hugs) And I must check out the challenge!

We know it's winter here when it's blowing a gale and locals know the spots when to step off the pavement into the road to avoid getting soaked by sea spray! Brrr.

I'll grab a coffee and some of Sara's delicious cookies.
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2020 6:32:51 AM
Survivor

Good to see you here, Cynthia. Personally, I dread the Winter so much. Isn't it odd how much we looked forward to the ponds being frozen over and the hillsides covered with snow just waiting for us to sled down them?

The coffee is freshly perked and the tea kettle was made ready for the tea drinkers.

Time to get to all of my computer chores.

flower

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2020 10:40:14 AM
AnnaMayZing

Robert0909 wrote:

I'd offer a back massage, but I suspect you are locked down tight, so take it easy. Thought: Matron Kauffman might be of more use to you. Rest if you can.

Hi Robert. Thanks for the offer, but even that would be too painful right now. I am beginning to wonder if I haven't cracked a rib. I could do with a couple of efficient and caring nurses. They would would make things better, I am sure.

Welshdreamer42 wrote:
Rumple_deWriter wrote:

I am afraid that I have to agree with you, Helen. I, too, am not greatly impressed. angry7

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2020 1:10:44 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy

*peeks in the cookie jars * still in good shape
Not much going on here today just watching NCIS Los Angeles
Hope everyone is having a great day
I peeked at the writing challenge here and I'm excited about it

Stay safe everyone flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2020 5:16:01 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning and welcome to Inspirations, the trendiest coffee shop in all of Stories Space. Okay, it's also the only coffee shop in these parts -- so sue me.

Coffee's brewed and the tea kettle is full and doing its thing. Help yourself, just don't make a mess and clean up after you do.

Yesterday was tough on those of us who are fans of US college football. Best I can tell, none of our teams won. (sigh) Sure hope our pro teams save the weekend later today.