Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 4:26:27 PM
elizabethblack

Survivor wrote:

Hello, folks. The coffee is brewing and the water is hot.

Today we are supposed to have our new sofa delivered. Out in the driveway in a huge box. They don't bring it inside. Just a delivery to the front step. Then you are on your own. We will just see how much fun that will be.

Victor had his morning walkies and it is chilly out there. I may have to go out in it to do the shopping.

Later.

flower

Oh my! I don't know what a 105 year old crippled woman like me would do with a big box outside to bring in. Seems it would be nice to have offered to put it in place for an additional fee. But you and Paula got the huge treadmill out to the buyer's vehicle, so I guess if you both had your Cheerios this morning.....! No rain coming you way I hope.

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 4:50:09 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A late drop in but I have cookies
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows will be great
Not much going on here curled up with a book today
Good to hear about the new sofa
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Cookie Monster we have peanut butter cookies, butterscotch marshmallow bar cookies,oatmeal raisin cookies and carrot cake cookies
In Big Bird we have butterscotch marshmallow bar cookies, ginger snaps, peanut butter cookies and airy berry cookies
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Stay safe everyone grommit

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 7:45:25 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

There's something magical about Jane in purple and I'm absolutely here for it.

Somebody: You attract what you fear.
Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2020 5:25:10 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, afternoon or evening as your time zone command.

In the Site Announcement forum, Maggie has posted an update on the contest. The goal, she says, is to finish the judging by the 17th, though a later date is possible.

Coffee's on, the tea kettle is fully engaged and Sarah's cookies await one and all. Help your own self.

Later, Inspirators glasses8.

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2020 6:07:08 AM
Survivor

Hello, denizens of the storied space. Good to see there is still some coffee. I'll just make a fresh pot to be sure.

The new sofa is installed. The old one is set aside for someone to pick it up and adopt it for the taking.

flower
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2020 7:01:51 AM
Mendalla

I think the garbage here takes old furniture but if you put it on the curb, it is usually long gone by the time the garbage truck shows up. Scavengers know when garbage days are.

Nice, but cool, today. Will rake once we hit our high (5C). Last time this Fall I imagine.

My "Cheers to 10 Years" competition entries;

My Temple - A poem (40 words)
The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words) - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash
Something - Short Horror (2581 words)
Musings of a Forgotten Deity - A poem (100 words)
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2020 12:42:18 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

Jane on hosting WL:

"I'm channeling Anne's sternness but every once in awhile I give them a little wink."

Understatement of the century oh my god. I...error 404; speech.exe not found.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2020 6:21:33 AM
Survivor

Good morning. Nice to see smiling faces this bright, sunny day. The coffee will soon be ready and water is so simple to heat up quickly.

Our local trash collection would haul away the sofa for us. We would simply need to notify them a day ahead and then place the item out at the curb. The problem with that is carrying it out. We barely were able to get the new one into the house. My back and muscles are not up to any more furniture moving than absolutely necessary now. We have an online taker who will come by and load it up in their truck without me having to lift a finger. It is their's for free. And it is really in quite good shape.

It's time for us to get out of town for a day or so. I've got reservations for two nights in Amarillo, Texas. We will drive down about 500 miles to the Panhandle, spend two nights there in town, and come back home on Wednesday. Just a quick out and back holiday.

The reason we are going there is a small state park called Palo Duro Canyon. It is a lovely small canyon that is a tiny natural "replica" of the Grand Canyon. It's like Mother Nature was practicing with this place in preparation for the big time out in Arizona. One nice day of exploring and hiking and we will not wear ourselves out. It is a perfect place to visit for a short stay. Victor will love it. There are lots of trails and wild critters to see. But we won't need to wear ourselves out while enjoying the nice weather and scenery.

flower
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2020 9:04:30 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

The reason we are going there is a small state park called Palo Duro Canyon. It is a lovely small canyon that is a tiny natural "replica" of the Grand Canyon. It's like Mother Nature was practicing with this place in preparation for the big time out in Arizona.

* scribbles note for the next time I get to Texas *

Will Google that up, Larry. Sounds like the kind of place we like to go.

After the lovely weather yesterday, today sucks. Badly. Windy and rainy. I had to do housework anyhow so it is not like I would have been out but, still, weather like this gets me down.

The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words) - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2020 3:23:43 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
Today has been a crazy rollercoaster ride
That vacation sounds fun
I have fresh cookies today
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have.. Orange cookies, fudgy chocolate cookies , pumpkin cookies and snickerdoodles
In Cookie Monster we have.. Angel crunch cookies, blackberry cookies,banana chocolate chip and gingerbread cookies
Stay safe everyone hello2

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2020 7:58:18 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

Just popping in cause I've got time to kill before WL. Thankfully my cable is back.

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:12:41 PM
Survivor

We had to get some take-out coffee and sweet tea as we drove south to the state park this morning. It was a lovely day. Not too hot and definitely not cold. Nice walking weather. I did find out that I am no longer in shape for any sort of hiking, especially no going up and down. My body is no longer able to work that way. I get light-headed and my vision becomes sparkly within only a few minutes. I suppose I should simply be happy I am still alive. Driving is perfectly fine, though. I can still take driving tours and enjoy the world that way.

We'll be heading home first thing in the morning taking a slightly different route for a little change of scenery. Victor had a great time. He has a pillow and a doggie bed that my wife lays on her lap for him to rest in driving down the highway. At times he transfers over to use my lap for a while or he will lay down on the "lanai" shelf in the back under the hatchback.

Hope all are well today.

flower
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 1:07:34 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

I just realized it's been a month since I joined omg. It feels like so much longer.

...also it's supposed to rain today but we'll see what happens.

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 1:41:40 PM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

We had to get some take-out coffee and sweet tea as we drove south to the state park this morning. It was a lovely day. Not too hot and definitely not cold. Nice walking weather. I did find out that I am no longer in shape for any sort of hiking, especially no going up and down. My body is no longer able to work that way. I get light-headed and my vision becomes sparkly within only a few minutes. I suppose I should simply be happy I am still alive. Driving is perfectly fine, though. I can still take driving tours and enjoy the world that way.

With my back and other joint issues, I keep wondering myself but my last tour involving hiking (the Appalachians in 2018), I was still able to keep up with the rest of the family so I guess I still have some mileage left. Steep climbs definitely are not my thing, but they never have been.

itsxanderkaidyn wrote:
I just realized it's been a month since I joined omg. It feels like so much longer.

...also it's supposed to rain today but we'll see what happens.

Enjoy it, Xander. We had snow.

Day is winding down. Need a green tea to close it off.

Adagio
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 10:19:36 AM
Adagio

I am inspired by truth and friendship. I came to the shores of SS to write and share my style. Often my dark side wanders on paths that have no end. I take myself seriously and I don't play games. There are some really "good hearts" on SS and kind people.
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:57:32 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

This guy that got booted off on this week's WL said he was too nervous to answer questions cause Jane was staring at him the whole time and my first thought was, "...join the club."

I...I have the same reaction and I'm just watching and/or playing along at home!

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:18:15 PM
Mendalla

Nice day at work. I have new staff starting so I am in the office for a few days. However, she is working with another team member so I am just in my office doing stuff and sipping green tea.

The 17th has come and gone so I imagine we are getting close to the big day for the comps. Don't envy the judges at all. There's a lot to read and a lot of it is good.

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 2:59:45 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A rough start to the day.. Woke up feeling yucky but feeling human now this wacky weather has my sinuses in a uproar.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
I have fresh cookies today :
In Big Bird we have carrot cake cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, butterscotch sugar cookies and maple walnut cookies
In Cookie Monster we have butterscotch sugar cookies, cinnamon stars, molasses crackles and peanut butter and banana cookies
Hope everyone is having a great day and staying safe!

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 4:01:05 PM
henrietta_fielding

Glad you and Paula got the sofas sorted, Larry! And your trip sounds wonderful.

Hope you're feeling a bit better, Sara! (hugs)

And Scott, I'm interested to see the comp results too. What a fabulous set of contests!

I'll grab a handful of those butterscotch sugar cookies before bedtime. Yum!
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 4:25:19 PM
Survivor

Good evening, my friends. The short holiday was a success since the weather was so nice. But I did find out how much I am unable to do anymore. I simply don't have the strength that I used to have in the old days. Short little day trips will be my limit from now on, I fear.

I have ordered a new sideboard that will arrive soon for use as a low dresser for clothing in my sitting room. It is made in Vietnam from acacia and metal and has slats on the front. I'll just post a pic here.

As we get rid of some of our old furniture I discover the need for some new pieces. That will be fun

A friend of ours has a nice day bed she wants to get rid of and has given it to us. It will look good in the sitting room along with my settee. Victor is looking forward to breaking it in for his napping spot in the future.

Looking forward to seeing the results of the three contests.

flower
gillianleeza
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 10:40:24 PM
gillianleeza

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been absent for a while. I spent time in the hospital and have been recovering at home for a few weeks. I had an asthma attack and tested positive for Covid. It went downhill from there.

My recovery has been a very slow process but I am grateful for the care I got and am getting. Other family members had only mild symptoms thankfully. Getting out of bed and showering without help had been my biggest accomplishment so far, but today I changed the sheets. Progress.

Stay healthy everyone and be very careful.

My daily regimen.

My recovery buddy.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 5:52:56 AM
Mendalla

gillianleeza wrote:
I hope everyone is doing well. I've been absent for a while. I spent time in the hospital and have been recovering at home for a few weeks. I had an asthma attack and tested positive for Covid. It went downhill from there.

My recovery has been a very slow process but I am grateful for the care I got and am getting. Other family members had only mild symptoms thankfully. Getting out of bed and showering without help had been my biggest accomplishment so far, but today I changed the sheets. Progress.

Sorry to hear, Gil, but glad you are on the mend. COVID is not something to be trifled with, in spite of what some folks seem to think. While he was never as bad as you, my brother got knocked down for a week or two when he had it. So, take care and get yourself well.

Kettle is on. I am making a cup of Duke (Duke of Earl, a favorite Earl Grey variant). Coffee is perking, too, for those who may prefer than option.

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 6:49:26 AM
Survivor

gillianleeza wrote:

My recovery buddy.

This recovery buddy is just the medicine, for sure. It was kind of you to not let us know what was going on. We would have been worrying all of this time. As it is you went through the battle and are coming back better than ever, I'm sure. What a wonderful thing to hear, Gill. So happy you are alright. *HUGS*

I have the coffee ready for any who care for that. And I know that Scott has the water ready for tea. Sara always leaves plenty of cookies stashed away for all of us to enjoy.

Gee, let's all be happy that SOME things, anyway, are going for the better now.

flower
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 9:58:05 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

We're nine episodes into WL (the ninth being this upcoming Monday) and Jane won't be wearing all black for the first time all season and I...I can't stop thinking about it omg.

Adagio
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 12:24:18 PM
Adagio

Found a new friend at the bookshop this morning. A little green frog had slipped in between the cracks. Needless to say, I helped him find his way back to the marshes.
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 1:08:01 PM
Mendalla

Adagio wrote:
Found a new friend at the bookshop this morning. A little green frog had slipped in between the cracks. Needless to say, I helped him find his way back to the marshes.

Cool. My brother occasionally gets snakes in the office. Releases them in the field next door which is likely where they come from. My office, on the other hand, just gets the odd mouse.

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 1:09:33 PM
Mendalla

itsxanderkaidyn wrote:
We're nine episodes into WL (the ninth being this upcoming Monday) and Jane won't be wearing all black for the first time all season and I...I can't stop thinking about it omg.

So she's been wearing all back for eight episodes? She in mourning or go Goth or what?

(says the guy who is wearing mostly black today confused1 )

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 1:55:31 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

Mendalla wrote:
So she's been wearing all back for eight episodes? She in mourning or go Goth or what?

(says the guy who is wearing mostly black today confused1 )

None of the above. I think she was trying to be like Anne.

EDIT: I wasn't complaining that she won't be wearing as much black. More like it's been a few days full of thoughts like "how is she so beautiful?"

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 2:06:18 PM
AnnaMayZing

gillianleeza wrote:

Stay healthy everyone and be very careful.

My recovery buddy.

So pleased that you are healing, Gillian, albeit slowly. I think that cats are a great comfort in such times of stress. Our families cannot give us 100% of their time but our felines are always there for us. hello2

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 3:08:40 PM
DenimAngel

flower Hi everyone
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy!
Larry yay for a new place for Mr Victor to nap
Gillian I'm glad you are on the mend

Not much going on in my world today just being a couch potato watched a documentary that was pretty interesting Anne Frank Holocaust it was informative but so sad

*peeks in the cookie jars * Hmmm no cookie bandits today

Animals are great!
Stay safe everyone grommit