Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Hello everyone! Options · View
DancingintheRain
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 3:07:46 PM

My name is Gabriella and I’m new here. I’m trying to find my way around by trial and error. A lot more errors, I’m noticing. My sister suggested this site since she’s found a lot of stories appropriate for my twelve year old niece. I’ll continue to explore and hope to bump into one of you soon. Btw I go by the nickname Gabi!

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway of her heart, the place where love resides ~ Audrey Hepburn
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 3:41:37 PM

Hello, bonjour, welcome, Gabit! Yep, there's definitely some age appropriate stories for 12 year-olds here. The Scamp stories by DenimAngel skew even younger than that, in fact. My poems would probably qualify but my stories are probably better suited for older kids and adults.

My Stories here:

Voice of Ice (Cosmic Horror)
Night of the Wind (Fantasy)
Lady in the Lake (Ghost Story)

My Poems Here:

On Seeing the Light (Re)born - Revelling in a tropical sunrise
Spooky People - Hallowe'en celebration
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:02:40 PM

Hello, Gabi. Please know that you may ask virtually anyone questions about maneuvering around the site. Please feel welcome here.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:47:39 PM

hello2 hi Gabi! Welcome! Like Mendalla said I have a fun little series called Scamps Adventures I think your niece or even you would enjoy it.
Hope you enjoy your stay here. It's a fun place to spend time.

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:37:08 PM

Hi Gabi. Welcome to SS. Thanks for commenting on my Micro. I'm glad that you liked it.
All my stories are suitable, well, mostly but there some points to be wary of. As you saw with 'Watcher' some are misleading to begin with and others have levels of violence with, whilst commensurate with the era about which they are written, may be deemed a little graphic for a twelve year old. Maybe that would be up to you to decide. Take a look at my works and see if any more take your fancy. I hope you enjoy them too.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DancingintheRain
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 4:27:29 PM

I’d like to add something here by asking a question. How does one make friends here? I’ve been reading stories and poems, posting in the forums and right now I’m about to delete my account. I don’t expect to gather a congregation of friends but there’s really nothing to keep me here if not friends. I spend a lot of time sitting in airports across the globe waiting. I can only play so many games on my phone or iPad and thought that I’d have someone to talk to here. About anything. I’ll give it another couple days but I’m near tears right now. What’s the “other site” people seem to talk about in hushed tones?
Thank you to all the above people who welcomed me. I appreciate you doing so.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway of her heart, the place where love resides ~ Audrey Hepburn
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2020 1:23:54 PM

DancingintheRain wrote:
I’d like to add something here by asking a question. How does one make friends here? I’ve been reading stories and poems, posting in the forums and right now I’m about to delete my account. I don’t expect to gather a congregation of friends but there’s really nothing to keep me here if not friends. I spend a lot of time sitting in airports across the globe waiting. I can only play so many games on my phone or iPad and thought that I’d have someone to talk to here. About anything. I’ll give it another couple days but I’m near tears right now. What’s the “other site” people seem to talk about in hushed tones?
Thank you to all the above people who welcomed me. I appreciate you doing so.

Please don't leave us, Gabi. These things take time. Too many people drop in and then never return. You have already achieved a lot here but there is still plenty to do.
Read our stories and poems. some are short and some are long. I do short and very, very long! kekekegay
Also, bear in mind that we all live in different time zones so, when I am going to bed, others are just having their dinner so direct chatting is not always possible.
Don't be sad. Take your time and get to know us. The more you put in, the more you get out.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana