Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:03:44 AM

The coffee turned out great, Bill. I need it to get going for my ballet class this morning. Then my infusion in the afternoon. Followed by our dress/tech rehearsal this evening. Nicely busy day with some interesting activities.

Cheers, all. flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:01:37 AM

hello1 howdy peeps
A large sweet tea pretty please
Quiet day here so far. Gotta go to the library again since the DVD I got yesterday isn't playing and that is so annoying.
*sitting out yummy treats for the furry little critters *
*sitting out sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies *
Happy Thursday folks!

Survivor
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 6:38:44 AM

Hello, hello. It is 26F/3C degrees out there. It should be warmer today, into the 50s. Not too bad for the performances of our short plays tonight and tomorrow.

Starting on the first cuppa freshly brewed Arabica coffee. There is more java, folks.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 10:05:52 AM

Any of that coffee left? Gotta have something to keep me awake during the GOP half of today's impeachment hearing. Fortunately, the President's thumbs helped break up the boredom as did news that his political guru, Roger Stone, was convicted on all seven counts of fiddling with the truth.(slurp) Man and boy I needed that. ;)

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Survivor
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 11:11:47 AM

Yes, seems as if there is SOME good news on the political front.

I've been outside cleaning the gutters of leaves in preparation for winter snows and ice. Also trimming back the purple hyacinth vines up and over the trellises and pergola.

I'll cut back the decorative grasses later this season.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 12:29:28 PM

hello1 howdy folks
A large sweet tea. It's nice outside (Yay)
Baked some chocolate chip cookies and some butterscotch sugar cookies
*sets out treats for humans and critters *
Going to attempt to get some writing done and tidied up . I know Scamps fans are waiting anxiously for the next adventure grommit
Happy Friday everyone happy8

elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 1:03:29 PM

I could use some nice hot herbal tea. Something like Zinger with hibiscus flowers. So good. And I will wish our Sara a spark to get our next Scamp adventure out for our admiration. And break a leg to Larry for his performance tonight and tomorrow night.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2019 4:54:30 AM

Good morning, everyone! Just been too busy to stop by this week. Nice to catch up with everyone's news.

Sara, I hope you get some inspiration for your next wonderful Scamp story soon! And hope the performances go well, Larry!

I haven't come across a Zinger since my trip to the states as a student, Elizabeth! Delicious! I'll grab a coffee and join you.
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2019 6:14:24 AM

There is a fresh pot of coffee brewing now.

I see there is a newly created play/ballet called The Snow Queen that our arts center will put on in February. It will be a mixture of ballet and other forms of dance, along with singing and acting dialog. The auditions are in January. I will be considering whether I should audition for it. That's on the horizon after The Nutcracker in December.

But tonight is the short play St. Peter. That will be the run. Two nights.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2019 11:30:43 AM

hello1 howdy folks
*sits out brownies fresh from the oven for the humans*
*sits out treats for the little critters *
A large sweet tea pretty please.
Quiet day here so far the weather is cloudy
Not much going on today..
Yay for the Nutcracker!
Happy Saturday folks!

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:23:16 AM

Hey, how's it going?

Just finishing my second cuppa coffee. Still time for another before I need to leave for rehearsal.

Last night was fun. The second and final performance of the short play St. Peter. Then a pleasant cast party to chat with others in the cast and crew.

I'm feeling tired but I still have to get going to get this one rehearsal for the week completed. No others until next Sunday.

Have fun, folks.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:23:06 AM

Larry, glad I am to hear your thespian life is in order. But,remember well and bear in mind those words of eternal wisdom: Do not overdue it least ye be overdone. Well, okay, that's more a paraphrase than an exact quote, but you probably get the message. ;)

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

elizabethblack
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:53:01 AM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Larry, glad I am to hear your thespian life is in order. But,remember well and bear in mind those words of eternal wisdom: Do not overdue it least ye be overdone. Well, okay, that's more a paraphrase than an exact quote, but you probably get the message. ;)

glasses8

Larry, please listen to the Wise Sage, Cowboy Bill. He has lots of these marvelous and magical paraphrases. flower flower flower

Adagio
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 10:34:40 AM

I wish more people would come to SS. It's disheartens me to see so few writers and readers.
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 10:44:37 AM

Howdy, folks. How's life? Just popping by for a quick visit. Not much doing these days. Winter is here, though it's a bit warmer than it was at this time a week ago so we might lose a lot of the snow. No writing happening. Nothing's really clicking and time isn't on my side in any case. That will likely change at some point.

Currently sipping an orange pekoe leavened with lime juice (just squeeze in a wedge).

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 3:29:13 PM

Adagio wrote:
I wish more people would come to SS. It's disheartens me to see so few writers and readers.

And me. crybaby

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 5:29:48 PM

hello1
Hi everyone
It was a busy but productive day sorry for the late pop in I will sip on a glass of sweet tea then do supper dishes

Survivor
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 6:42:36 AM

Good day. I have the coffee brewing. Not a bad day today. It is a lovely 39F/4C degrees outside with clear skies.

I had the sinking feeling that my WiFi was not working this morning. I could not get my computer to move. A simple unplug, wait ten, replug, and it was going again.

This week is looking a little empty. I do need to take the 2012 Prius in to get maintenance before we go down to my sister's place for Thanksgiving next week.

Time to check the pot.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 6:55:01 AM

Morning, Larry. Glad to know you have things under control in the Land of Oz -- and thanks for the coffee.

Me, I have great news to share: there is a new joke on the 'Funnnies' forum and it's an Aussie story.

Don't bother thanking me. Just another fine, free service of:
No Hope of Profitable Publication, Inc..
Rumple deWriter (glasses8: Head Figurehead

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 1:05:43 PM

hello1 howdy peeps
A large sweet tea
Time to break out the cookbook for thanksgiving dinner next week not sure what kind of yummy pies I'll make but I found a couple of new recipes I wanna try out. Here lately alot of the books I've checked out of the library have fun recipes mixed in with the story.
*sits out sugar cookies shaped like turkeys and pumpkins *
*sits out treats for the furry little critters *
Quiet day but made it to the library today to return books that were due..
Happy Monday hello2

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:51:48 AM

Relaxing with the morning cuppa. It's fresh and hot.

The day is really nice outside. Temperature is 48F/9C degrees which is okay since it will get warmer as the day progresses.

I wonder if anyone has heard anything about the eBook we were going to put together called the Dirty Martini Anthology. That simply disappeared from our consciousness didn't it?

flower

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:35:35 AM

Survivor wrote:

I wonder if anyone has heard anything about the eBook we were going to put together called the Dirty Martini Anthology. That simply disappeared from our consciousness didn't it?

flower

It didn’t so much disappear as it was pushed aside by some items of major importance in my personal life. I’m still keen on the idea if others are interested.

geek

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:52:08 AM

magnificent1rascal wrote:
Survivor wrote:

flower

It didn’t so much disappear as it was pushed aside by some items of major importance in my personal life. I’m still keen on the idea if others are interested.

geek

It's certainly on my mind. I'd happily be a part of it. I'm sure the folks who stop by here in the coffeehouse will make their thoughts clear, as well. Thank you, Maggie.

I'm sitting in a car dealership now. I had regular maintenance done. However, they discovered the starter battery is bad. I have to get it replaced. So, instead of about sixty dollars for the service, I will end up paying about two hundred and seventy more just for the battery and labor.

Life is good. Right? flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:56:00 AM

Howdy peeps hello1
Quiet morning I woke up with a headache and it's finally went away
*sittin out treats for the little critters and the humans *
That anthology sounds interesting
Not much going on today.. It's a sunny 62 outside which is nice.
Happy Tuesday !

elizabethblack
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:34:09 PM

I second or third or forth the idea of the Dirty Martini Anthology. What a wonderful idea Larry.
Just having a gift cup of Bigelow Salted Caramel Tea. A friend that is addicted gave me the teabag trying to get me hooked too. Mmmmm well, she may be right.

gypsy
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:44:06 PM

magnificent1rascal wrote:

geek

Yup, count me in. hello2

I totally understand that real life takes over and pushes things aside.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

gypsy
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:58:38 PM

https://twitter.com/un_women/status/1196416864798294016?s=21

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:49:21 AM

Good morning all! Nice to pop in and catch up with everyone's news. :)

Grey and dreary day here today. I'll grab a coffee while I glance over the day's to-do list. Even hoping to squeeze in a bit of writing!

It's book group tomorrow and my turn to host, so I'll make the dips and things ready today and make my living room fit for visitors!
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:17:52 AM

You are a busy lady, Cynthia. What is the book the club members are reading?

Coffee is fresh this morning. And the weather is acting rather nicely.

There is a gent mowing the lawns in the neighborhood. I think this is the penultimate time. Chopping up the leaves on the grass with his mower. They will be testing and shutting down the sprinkler systems this coming week, I think.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:39:19 AM

Morning, afternoon, evening to all. Larry, talk about shutting off lawn sprinkler systems reminded me that in Dallas, with its long, hot temps and soil with a heavy clay content, folks don't water their lawns so much as their homes to avoid/delay/mitigate foundation cracks.

Cyn, I'm with Larry about wanting to know what book your group will be dissecting.

And is it just me, or has L**h gone down in a most major way?

Good coffee.

glasses8