Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 11:58:33 AM

Howdy folks hello1
No marshmallows Scott?? Good thing I brought a case of marshmallows for this place.
*giggles * true if you didn't have hot chocolate we would have issues.
Thanks for all the well wishes .
I'm lucky I'm past most of the flu symptoms.. Now just the chills and no appetite.
I want a hot chocolate just not sure how well it will go down so I'll stick with a hot tea to be on the safe side.
Starlight I'd happily have hot chocolate with you when this bug passes
Stay warm and dry everyone

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 12:04:55 PM

Greetings to all, especially Starlight Forever (aka, Sassy). Of course, the big, unanswered question, at least on her profile, is whether she is a morning tea or coffee person. And Ms Sassy, imo, that love story synopsis you left on your profile sounds like a winner. Write it up. No way it can be any worse than some (all?) of my stuff. ;)

Larry, you and Vic stay warm. Same goes for Carl. Being a Canadian, our beloved leader is, no doubt, impervious to the cold.

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 12:46:24 PM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Being a Canadian, our beloved leader is, no doubt, impervious to the cold.

There's this weird myth that we Canucks have anti-freeze for blood or something. While I'll concede that I tolerate cold far better than the beloved Mrs. Mendalla (whose hometown of Shanghai, China rarely drops below 10C so she didn't really see serious snow or ice until she immigrated to my homeland), I do, in fact, have my limits. That said, the last couple days were 15C here and I was going around in short sleeves so there may be some truth to the rumour. glasses8

Weather here today is, in a word, "wet". Rain started midday and expected to last, sadly for the trick or treat crowd, through to Friday.

I no longer have a child to take trick or treating so I shall likely just sit inside where it is dry with a tea and a ghost story or two.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 4:33:17 PM

Been busy few days here, so just catching up with everyone's news on the thread. Hope you're feeling better Sara! And hope Gypsy's OH is recovering too.

Getting colder and darker here now the clocks have gone back. I'll have a lemon and ginger tea to keep the chills out, please. :)
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:18:42 PM

We will set our clocks back on the weekend, the early morning of November 3rd, Sunday. So it will be dark when I walk Victor.

We have a little hoodie jacket to put on the pup. Paula thinks he is incredibly cute. Poor thing. He put it on easily enough this evening.

I'll have another cuppa tea.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:50:10 AM

Aw, cute Victor!

Our clocks go back in the last weekend of October.

Some coffee to get me going this morning sounds good!
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 6:39:06 AM

Hello, Cynthia. Glad you like the coffee. It's not bad. Lots of tea drinkers here, as well. And hot cocoa for these kinds of days.

There is snow on the ground. Not a lot, but it is there. The temperature is 24F/-4C degrees. No fun.

I'll have to clear the snow off of the car that I left out of the garage. I need to get to ballet class. Ah well, winter just decided to come two months early.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:11:46 AM

This is just IMO, you understand, but, IMO, coffee is a goodness, snow ain't. Glad I am to learn that Vic has a warm jacket for those cold Kansas days.

Being a charter member of the 'Ain't Too Proud To Pimp' crowd. here's a link to my new story, 'Listening In The Rain':
https://

And my sincere thanks to Cyn, Sassy, , Sara, and Larry for their kind comments.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:03:27 PM

Just so you know sometimes posting a URL does not quite work. I am posting Bill's story link for him again right here.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/supernatural/-listening-in-the-rain-.aspx

He's right to be proud of it.

I'm having some tea for this afternoon. I don't sleep well at night with too much caffeine in me.

I got my vehicle jump started. So that is a goodness.

flower

fuzzy1954
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:30:05 PM

Hello All

Hot cocoa with mini marshmallows please

Here is the snow we had overnight here in Kansas

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 2:37:21 PM

hello1 howdy folks
Feeling much better here.
*sitting out treats for the furry little critters *
*sitting out sugar cookies shaped like pumpkins and bats and ghosts*
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. It's a chilly 50 degrees.
Aww Victor must be so adorable in his little hooded jacket.
Gonna try to catch up on reading and finding my dratted writing notebook .
Happy Halloween everyone

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 3:19:13 PM

Survivor wrote:

Just so you know sometimes posting a URL does not quite work. I am posting Bill's story link for him again right here.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/supernatural/-listening-in-the-rain-.aspx

He's right to be proud of it.

Agreed, Larry It is an excellent piece.

So, Let's sit and enjoy a steaming hot coffee on me and mull over the new challenge.

"Challenge? What challenge?" I hear you say.

I posted a new one which you can all have a go at. It has no word limitation so none of you have an excuse to ignore it.

Well? Go on then. Check it out! kekekegay hello2

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:48:04 PM

A new challenge -- with no word limit! Oh, happy day.

I'm now trying to recall the name of the person who said they wrote a novel because they didn't have time to write a short story -- or something kinda like that. Any help would be either appreciated or depreciated, maybe both. ;)

Larry, thanks for fixing that link. I know better, no kidding.

A round of hot chocolates coming up for all who enter.

glasses8

gillianleeza
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:53:33 PM

I did see that challenge. I am not sure I can come up with anything. It's been stressful and I can't seem to think of a single good idea.

It was so nice to see the Nationals win the World Series. For a few days, the lead on the local news wasn't a political one. It will be fun to see a parade here again. It's nice to have a feel-good story for a change.

I need to catch up on some reading. I have been on meds that made my brain a bit fuzzy so I could not concentrate on much. My concentration should improve from here on.

I'll have a ginger-ale and curl up under a warm blanket and listen to an audiobook.

I hope everyone is well or recovering or mending.

Cheers!
Survivor
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2019 6:25:10 AM

Good morning from the sunflower state. Most of the snow has melted away. But the temperatures discouraged virtually all of the trick or treaters. I only had four children come to the door. But the ones that did come had such heart filling smiles. Anyway, I get to eat all of the left over candy.

The coffee is freshly brewing. I need that little boost to get going.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2019 11:58:14 AM

Greetings, Larry. Glad to know something is melting in Kansas besides, of course, wicked witches. ;)

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2019 12:55:55 PM

Howdy peeps hello1
A large sweet tea pretty please need caffeine didn't sleep well
It's nice outside even though it's a little chilly.
I think it will be a quiet day here.
*sitting out treats for the little critters and putting out fresh baked cookies for the humans *
Happy Friday everyone

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2019 5:27:21 AM

gillianleeza wrote:
I did see that challenge. I am not sure I can come up with anything. It's been stressful and I can't seem to think of a single good idea.

It was so nice to see the Nationals win the World Series. For a few days, the lead on the local news wasn't a political one. It will be fun to see a parade here again. It's nice to have a feel-good story for a change.

I need to catch up on some reading. I have been on meds that made my brain a bit fuzzy so I could not concentrate on much. My concentration should improve from here on.

I'll have a ginger-ale and curl up under a warm blanket and listen to an audiobook.

I hope everyone is well or recovering or mending.

Cheers!

Gill!! How lovely to hear from you! (hugs) I do hope you are recovering.

Next door's kids came by trick or treating. Well, showing off their skeleton Halloween costumes anyway. They were so pleased with themselves! Luckily, I had some brownies in the freezer to give to them. :)

Enjoy your quiet day, Sara! Coffee to get me going here would do rightly. :)
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2019 6:19:15 AM

The coffee is always flowing, ladies.

The temperature is 31F/-1C degrees here. Not pleasant to walk a Victor after he got a bad reaction from his shot. He was not feeling well last night. Seems a bit more perky today.

Well, I presently have a poem from one friend I am converting to a sonnet. I have a story from a friend to proofread. And I got another story from a friend to proof last night. I'm getting pretty busy around here.

flower

gypsy
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2019 7:22:13 AM

It's mid-afternoon tea for me at the moment, on a rainy and cooler Saturday. The morning was spent running around, literally, from one place to another - organic farmer's market, department store for a sweater, bookstore, and so on and so on.

Among other items, there's a 5 litre cubitainer of really excellent apple juice from local fruit producers. I'll leave it near the on-tap ginger ale Scott set up. Himself, still sick, discovered that a half-and-half of apple juice and ginger ale is quite to his liking, so help yourselves if that sounds good.

Thank you all for the get well wishes, they are much appreciated. His recovery is going to be slow and long as our family doctor has diagnosed not bronchitis but pneumonia, which is what we both suspected in the first place. This far into the antibiotics he is less worse than he was, and finally no fever, so that is encouraging and a relief.

Sara I hope you are feeling better than you were, and Gil, you too.

Work well on your texts, Larry, and I hope the wee doggo is not too lethargical after his reaction to the shot.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Adagio
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2019 10:30:03 AM

Its afternoon and I took a day off from my shop. Probably spend the afternoon watching football.
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2019 11:21:19 AM

I'm at a real standstill writing wise. Lots of ideas that sound good in my head but I just can't seem to put them down in a way that sounds as good as the idea did in my head. So, if I'm a bit quiet on the publishing front for a while (applies to all the writing sites I frequent), don't worry. I am trying, just not sticking the landing as they say.

Ginger ale and apple juice, eh? Maybe you need to be sick to enjoy it but I'll give it a whirl. Sounds interesting, at least.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2019 12:12:37 PM

Just got back from some weekend grocery shopping. The day was kind of pleasant in the 50s/10s.

I finished creating a sonnet out of a friend's poem. That is good work for the day. I may move on to some proof reading for a couple of others later.

Finishing up the last cuppa java for the day.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2019 12:40:35 PM

hello1 hi peeps
I'm feeling much better got a sleepy start to the day.
The weather is nice but chilly. I'm not going out.
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.
Hope everyone feels better soon that is sick.
I think it will be another quiet day here.
Larry I hope Victor the sweetest doggie ever feels better soon
Scott I hope you get yard work done before it snows and hides the grass.
Happy Saturday folks

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2019 5:08:41 AM

Gypsy, so glad Himself is starting to mend a little. Glad the antibiotics are helping.

Larry, hope poor wee Victor is feeling better soon, bless him!

Scott, I'm the other way around as I'm a bit short of writing ideas at the mo, after a creative spell. Am cracking on with my Christmas beading instead (themed earrings, Christmas decorations etc) until I get the next burst of inspiration!

Sara, I'm having a sleepy start today too. Coffee to get me going would be great!
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2019 5:49:02 AM

Anyone else got jet/time change lag today? Though I changed clocks before bed last night, which helps, I still woke up too early and then dozed off again, which generally is not good for me.

I'm putting on the kettle. Anyone else for tea?

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2019 5:55:29 AM

Good morning, Scott. How's dear, Cynthia?

The fresh coffee is brewing. Victor seems to be himself again. He's getting ready for his morning nap.

We'll be off to see a play later today. My sister-in-law has a part in it. That will be fun and the weather will be pretty good.

I guess I will go ahead and post that sonnet. Meg created the poem, I retrofitted it into an English sonnet. That's fun.

flower

gypsy
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2019 6:08:46 AM

Ah, the time change fall back an hour challenge! We did that a week ago, and it was not too difficult. Since I sleep badly with stretches of being awake in the wee hours, I was able to recuperate that tricky time slip to my advantage. Plus, last Sunday was glorious, sunny and mild and I got out for several hours in the morning to walk by the river and do some pinhole photography. Today is a swift and total turn around from last weekend, with heavy rains, wind, dark lowering skies. Clearly, the autumn has shifted from the golden, luxurious sort, to the inward turning dark days.

I'll have tea with you, Scott, I have a thermos of Assam Mangalam and am happy to share it.

Thank you, Cynthia, for your kind words, it is a real relief the antibiotics are working. He's still very tired and low on energy and gets winded easily, even the two flights of stairs to our floor knock him back a bit. He has been making noises about going out to the store, which is quite close by but far enough that he isn't up for it. I told him if he tried it I would hide all his shoes. Anything that is needed, I can get.

Your Christmas beading projects sound interesting, are you doing needle beading, or frame beading or another technique?

Enjoy the play, Larry, glad to hear your weather should be all right.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2019 2:25:14 PM

Howdy folks
A later than usual pop in.
It was a good day. I spent a hour with my youngest fans of Scamps Adventures. The Sunday school teacher couldnt wrangle the wee ones so she sent her helper to find me so I could tell them a scamp adventure to settle them down.
A large sweet tea pretty please.
It's nice outside today.
Hope everyone is having a great day!

gillianleeza
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2019 6:10:41 PM

A Sunday school class with you telling Scamp adventures sounds like a fabulous idea. I'm sure the kids loved it.

On Saturday we took out our boat for the day. It started off cool but was very nice in the sun. I feel truly at home on the water. Didn't catch any fish but that's okay.

Today I got back to tackling my attic. I didn't have the energy before. I made a lot of progress. Next weekend we are tearing out our master bathroom and redoing the entire space. I will finally get my soaking tub. We had been waiting to do it until all three boys were out of school and we had paid off our mortgage. It's time for me now. I may never get out of the new tub once it is done.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I'll have a Sprite and see if any goodies are left.