Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 1:27:08 PM

Howdy folks
Glad to hear Victor is healthy and had a nice visit with the vet.
Miss Molly will happily agree to be a comrade. Yep she adores Victor
Mascots are fun to have Miss Purr and Victor are great choices for here
*pets Mr Victor and Miss Purr and gives them treats*
A large sweet today.
It's windy here today so I think I'll stay inside.
Happy Friday everyone

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 5:06:23 AM

This week has been so hectic with one thing and another, I haven't had a chance to pop on here, so it's lovely to catch up with everyone's news! Plus the autumn leaves and Victor pics!

Scott, you are absolutely right. Cold is relative! My cousin from Ontario had a place to study at St. Andrew's University in Scotland many years ago. He dismissed everyone's warnings about the cold. I mean, he was an Ontario kid and used to those freezing winter temperatures and all that snow. How cold could it be?

One winter later, he found out that raw damp, raw, bitterly cold wind straight off the Russian Steppes (or somewhere!) was a completely different ball game from the crisp dry cold of Canadian winter! There are different types of cold, after all!

Talking of which, I might light the first fire of the winter in my grate tonight. :)

A cup of coffee to get me moving would be very welcome. Any of Larry's Java on the go?
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 5:28:36 AM

henrietta_fielding wrote:

One winter later, he found out that raw damp, raw, bitterly cold wind straight off the Russian Steppes (or somewhere!) was a completely different ball game from the crisp dry cold of Canadian winter! There are different types of cold, after all!

People over here fail to realize how far North Scotland really is. When I was visiting Edinburgh and Glasgow this summer I was checking the latitude against Canadian cities and IIRC Glasgow was around the same latitude as Edmonton, the capital of Alberta, which is one of the coldest cities in this country. Southern Ontario, where I live, is positively balmy by comparison (Hell, we're balmy compared to Ottawa where my son lives). The only reason much of the UK isn't a frigid iceball like this country or Russia in winter is the Gulf Stream and other warm ocean currents.

I haven't been to St. Andrew's but I know that it's on the coast. My wife lived in Halifax, Nova Scotia for a couple years and winter there was a whole different ballgame than in Southern Ontario where I grew up. It was a damp, clingy cold thanks to the Atlantic Ocean. She also managed to be there for one of their worst winters up to that time (they've had some worse ones since but she came back to Ontario in '94). Snow up to our thighs or higher.

Now I need a hot tea to warm up. drunken

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 6:34:15 AM

Good morning, Scott. Hello, Cynthia. We're lucky to have this fireplace in the coffee house. Just remember to open the vent if you light it. It stays shut except when the fire is blazing.

It's time for some hot coffee to get going. Tomorrow is my first rehearsal for The Nutcracker. We'll be rehearsing each Sunday, just the party adults, learning our two dances.

Have a great day.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 7:43:33 AM

Mercy to my goodness, it's Saturday! Word has it that happens about once a week but making it here after the last week is a major goodness, imo.

Hope your rehersals go well, Larry and that they don't interfere with a 'Vic for Mascot' campaign. ;)

(slurp) Good coffee.

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 3:47:50 PM

hello1 howdy folks
A late show here on my part just got done at a big arts and crafts with a couple of classes thrown In for good measure. It started at 9am and wrapped up about 2:45pm . Me and miss Molly spent a 2 hour block of time reading and telling stories to the little kids that came with their moms.
A large sweet tea please .
Climbing up in the nearest chair
Happy Saturday

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:41:22 AM

That sounds like a fun Saturday, Sara. I was out in the yard. Cut the grass, did the last fertilize, killed my lawn mower. Yeah, hit a rock I didn't see and it wouldn't start after that. I'm hoping that was the last cut for 2019 so I'll just wait until Spring to fix it. It already needed a new blade and an oil change anyhow.

Today I may clean the garage. We shall see. Weather looks decent but I'm a bit stiff from yesterday.

* pours a tea and stretches out on the couch *

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 6:42:05 AM

Just stopping in for a quick cuppa java. I need to drive up to Atchison, Kansas, to pick up a friend in rehab.

This afternoon is my first rehearsal for The Nutcracker. Just learning the choreography for the two dances the adults perform in the party scene.

Have fun, y'all.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 10:46:45 AM

Hope your trip is or will be a safe one, Larry. Kind of a shame the old, Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe railroad is out of business. ;)

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 1:13:19 PM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Hope your trip is or will be a safe one, Larry. Kind of a shame the old, Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe railroad is out of business. ;)

My father was a fireman on the Santa Fe RR. We were out in Southern California and he spent most of his service based in Barstow and Needles. His brother got him the job. That uncle of mine was a telegraph operator on that RR. He spent a lot of time working in Ludlow and Daggett on the old route 66.

I got my friend safely to his apartment. Now his rehab will be up to him.

Rehearsal went nicely. Lucky for the oldtimers in the show the dance routines are pretty much the same year to year.

One last cuppa java.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 1:37:10 PM

Weekend chores are done and it's actually quite toasty here today. Unsweet iced tea with a wedge or two of lemon is in order.

Lady In The Lake
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 2:48:46 PM

Howdy folks
Quiet day here. Too windy to want to go anywhere. Still recovering from yesterday adventure.
Large sweet tea please
*sitting out treats for the little critters *
*putting cookies and banana nut bread on the counter *
Climbing up in my favorite chair.
Happy Sunday

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2019 6:08:53 AM

Survived the weekend. Weather was beautiful so got things more or less cleaned up and packed away for winter. Just waiting to see if my leaves come down before the snow does now.

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2019 6:37:26 AM

Good day to all.

I'm starting on my first cuppa joe now. The coffee has brewed. Today I've got a dental appointment for my six-month prophylaxis. Later this evening I have an audition. If I get a role I'll tell you all about it. Whistle

I don't bother worrying about leaves. They usually get chopped up by the mowers at the last mowing of the season. Or else they just blow away. So they are composted in any case.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2019 9:03:37 AM

Morning, Inspirationalists. Larry, this Kansas coffee of yours ain't that bad. (slurp) However, I may need a second cup to be sure. (slurp)

Best of luck on today's trip to the dentist and on tonight's rehersal. (sluuurp)

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2019 12:14:01 PM

hello1 hi peeps
A large sweet tea... Moving like a slowpoke today.
These warm days and chilly nights are making my sinuses confused.
*sitting out fresh baked banana bread (1 with nuts and 1without).and fudge. And fudge striped cookies. *
*petting the pretty kittycat miss purr and the adorable doggie mr victor *
Climbing up in my favorite chair and staying there today

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2019 12:16:25 PM

Banana bread WITH nuts will be nice with my afternoon green tea. Thanks, Sara.

So, my new team member accepted our offer. So I'm now heading a team of five (self included). Yay! Of course, by this time next year I'll probably be hiring again. The company, and it's IT needs, just keep growing that fast.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:26:52 AM

The HVAC chap will be here tomorrow to replace a coil in our A/C unit. It is free. Under warranty. That was a good purchase. Our homeowners' association gets our dues every quarter and does not spend all of it in any year. So we often have projects where they will pay half of the price. In this instance, we got a great deal on replacement air conditioners and furnaces and the association paid half of the lowered price. And the units are under warranty for ten years from the installer folks.

Anyway, the fellow called me this morning with an obvious head cold wishing to come tomorrow instead of today. Not a problem. I'll see him then.

Coffee time. Freshly brewed folks.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:12:24 PM

Howdy folks
Quiet day here. Waiting to go to the library. A Large sweet tea pretty please.
*sets out treats for the animals*
*sets out cookies and a pumpkin spice roll*
Hope everyone is doing great.

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:39:55 AM

Starting a new day with a fresh pot of coffee.

Waiting for the HVAC fellow to arrive around 9:00. Then we will be painting the kitchen cabinets. Some sort of white.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:23:42 PM

Howdy peeps hello1
*sitting out treats for humans and critters *
A large sweet tea and a guide to helping my daughter get through this situation.. She got served with divorce papers after a year of marriage for being too loving and cuddly and having a opinion and not taking any crap from other people. (yes she is my mini me)
Hardest part is telling her son what is going on.
But overall I'm having a good day and enjoying the sunshine.
Hi Larry hello2
giggles at some sort of white

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:38:59 PM

DenimAngel wrote:

She got served with divorce papers after a year of marriage for being too loving and cuddly and having a opinion and not taking any crap from other people. (yes she is my mini me)

Huh? Sounds like grounds for a marriage, not a divorce, in my books. dontknow At least she's got a nice Mom to help out. bunny

DenimAngel wrote:

Ugh. Children and divorce are not a good combo. Hugs and good vibes to all of you.

Evening teatime. Green, I think.

Lady In The Lake
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:17:27 PM

Mendalla wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:

She got served with divorce papers after a year of marriage for being too loving and cuddly and having a opinion and not taking any crap from other people. (yes she is my mini me)

Huh? Sounds like grounds for a marriage, not a divorce, in my books. dontknow At least she's got a nice Mom to help out. bunny

DenimAngel wrote:

Ugh. Children and divorce are not a good combo. Hugs and good vibes to all of you.

Evening teatime. Green, I think.

Thanks for the hugs.
I agree but her soon to be ex was raised in a family that doesn't show affection and grew up being taught that men dont do "women's work ".
Not easy at all and Andrew adores him and he doesn't even want to see him... Didn't ask for visitation.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:56:42 AM

Fresh coffee, hot water for tea, and a bag full of day-old doughnut holes. Life has been much, much worse.

Sara, reading about your daughter's woes reminds me of the astute observation of an uncle of mine. "Some people are proud of being stupid."

Hang in there. Your daughter's lucky to have you, imo.

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:19:17 AM

I'm having one last cuppa java before heading over to the hospital for my infusion. Happens every fourth Thursday. I also get to chat with my oncologist. Nice conversations, indeed.

I'm doing well with a story I'm working on. It has over one thousand five hundred words. It's going pretty well, I think. Here's hoping I can complete it this week.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:23:19 PM

hello2 howdy peeps
A large sweet tea pretty please.
My head feels like it is stuffed with cotton.
Daughter is doing great today and Andrew is adjusting nicely to the change.
*sits out treats for the little critters and double fudge brownies for the humans *
Hope everyone is having a great day
Today is possibly a trip to the library.

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:34:57 PM

God, I hate that stuffed with cotton feeling. Mercifully, my post-cold sinus trouble didn't last long this Fall. But there's still a whole Winter ahead of me.

Larry, good luck with the story. I just abandoned one (as in, deleted it and then emptied the trash to make sure it was gone). Was uncomfortable with some of the content and it was starting to drag. Sometimes stories lose their way, I guess.

Green tea and brownies sounds good. Library sounds like a good idea. I haven't been to one in a while. Good intentions, not much time.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:57:36 PM

Mendalla wrote:
God, I hate that stuffed with cotton feeling. Mercifully, my post-cold sinus trouble didn't last long this Fall. But there's still a whole Winter ahead of me.

Larry, good luck with the story. I just abandoned one (as in, deleted it and then emptied the trash to make sure it was gone). Was uncomfortable with some of the content and it was starting to drag. Sometimes stories lose their way, I guess.

Green tea and brownies sounds good. Library sounds like a good idea. I haven't been to one in a while. Good intentions, not much time.

I'm not going to miss out on getting this story done. I have entered 27 contests on another site. This will be number 28. The story is actually writing itself. I simply took an observation looking out my back door and went with it.

I'm sitting in my room here at the cancer center. We each get our own room while receiving our IV infusions, and we have this wonderful WiFi so we don't miss out on the world of online.
I brought along some of the coffee I had brewed for a nice drink here.

flower

Survivor
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 7:50:28 AM

As soon as the boss gets up we will finish the painting in the kitchen. Finally.

I'm having my second cup of joe for the morning and working on a poem and a story. Switching back and forth. Perhaps I will complete one or the other today.

flower

fuzzy1954
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 8:54:24 AM

Hello all that enter

Sure glad to see a few friends that stop over here too.

How this for a sign to welcome people here?

Well its another Friday here in Kansas hope all enjoy their weekend