Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What Would Your Dream Career Be? Options · View
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:18:37 PM

I've had a few dreams. I was a jock in high school, so I wanted to be a baseball player. I actually made it past the first tryouts for the St. Louis Cardinals when I was 17.

Then, Playboy magazines were relevant to young boys back then, so I wanted to be a photographer for Playboy.

Perry Mason was one of my favorite shows as a boy. I loved the intrigue and courtroom tension. So I thought I would be an attorney.

But in response to my own query, my dream career would have been as a full-time paranormal investigator. Searching for all things unexplained. (I do that now as a hobby)

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 4:12:46 PM

As a kid, my dream career would have been in sciences. Paleontology, astronomy, or physics to be precise. Then I found out you needed to be good at math especially for the latter two.

Fortunately I had a passion for ancient history as well and did my degree in Classics thinking I might do archaeology or something, but stopped after undergrad and did Library Science instead. Just got tired of school and decided I wanted a marketable degree so I could get out for a while. Not necessarily my dream career but I loved books and libraries so it fit.

Now, if I was to drop everything and start a new career, it would be writing. I likely have enough savings to keep me afloat even if I don't make decent bucks at it and I have always loved doing it, even when I wasn't thinking of it as a career option.

Featured Story:
Night of the Wind - (Fantasy) A mysterious traveller, a strange storm, a chaotic night for a small town.

Other works:
Spooky People - (Poetry) A playful verse for Hallowe'en.
On Seeing the Light (Re)born - (Poetry) A reflection on seeing the sun rise while on vacation
Voice of Ice - (Horror) A powerful winter storm leads a professor to a disturbing discovery
AriesDragon
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:56:37 PM

I was going to be a florist. I also dreamt of being a professional athlete... I did make it international, but not professional.
When I was about 5, I declared I was going to be a red Indian, my feral daughter did too, funnily enough. Then I wanted to be a belly dancer, I loved the costumes, i think my slightly bohemiam style came from there. I thought about becoming a vet, I loved to help out my mum and learnt to vacinate and stitch up animals before I was 12, but the thought of all those years in vet school wasn't enticing, and quite frankly, I wouldn't have been able to pay attention long enough. But early on I knew I'd do something creative, all my school books were covered in doodles... I used to illustrate my assignments and get into all kinds of trouble but at 17 I took part in my first exhibition and I have been painting ever since. I can not imagine doing anything else. I have my dream career.
Bear
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:36:20 AM

As a kid I always wanted to be in Navy but I guess destiny had other plans.
Obituarius
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:53:17 AM

I am living my dream with a wonderful family and bookshop.
amyjayne
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 12:40:23 AM

I’d enjoy art in any form, I’d love to be an artist.
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 10:36:45 AM

I think archeology would have been an interesting career. Traveling to different parts of the world and finding mysteries to be solved.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:49:26 PM

When I was younger I wanted to be in the Navy for a career. It did not work out. But it has always been in the back of my mind. Now, my career, basically, is writing about the things I have done, the things I've dreamed of doing, and creating interesting, entertaining stories that my readers will get pleasure and enjoyment from reading.
rr
maryruth
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2019 4:35:52 PM

I dreamed of being a cowgirl and ballet dancer. I still love doing both.
Survivor
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2019 4:59:04 PM

maryruth wrote:
I dreamed of being a cowgirl and ballet dancer. I still love doing both.

Wow, I didn't start taking ballet lessons until I was 66 years old. It was way too late to dream of dancing that way. But it sure would have been a grand career if it had actually happened.
Kavyansh
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:25:49 AM

I was lucky because I don’t believe that I could have done much better than the career I had as a diagnostic virologist and epidemiologist, and part time university lecturer. The only other branch of science I would like to have followed would to have been a neurologist.

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12