Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Updating badges to reflect reality Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 1:06:32 PM

Today marks the first I have noticed of some changes to the badges on our site here. Apparently our good friend Gav is making some updates. If you go to the Badges list you will read quite a few changes. Some are simply badges that are renamed. That is the case with the old Prolific Writer and the Omnium badge. Those two are now called the Diverse Writer and the Plenary Writer.

I won't mention all that I saw in the list. But there are interesting changes.

One that is of interest to me particulary is the new Author 250 badge for authors with over 250 stories. I, along with Colors_of_the_Wind and CKAcres, now display that badge. However, it should be noted that we three are no longer listed in the Authors' list. I assume it has to do with this badge change. I will hope that we three will reappear in the Authors' list again, perhaps tomorrow when the system has a chance to recycle itself.

But it is going to be fun to watch the changes as they occur. rr

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:47:56 AM

Survivor wrote:
Today marks the first I have noticed of some changes to the badges on our site here. Apparently our good friend Gav is making some updates. If you go to the Badges list you will read quite a few changes. Some are simply badges that are renamed. That is the case with the old Prolific Writer and the Omnium badge. Those two are now called the Diverse Writer and the Plenary Writer.

I won't mention all that I saw in the list. But there are interesting changes.

One that is of interest to me particulary is the new Author 250 badge for authors with over 250 stories. I, along with Colors_of_the_Wind and CKAcres, now display that badge. However, it should be noted that we three are no longer listed in the Authors' list. I assume it has to do with this badge change. I will hope that we three will reappear in the Authors' list again, perhaps tomorrow when the system has a chance to recycle itself.

But it is going to be fun to watch the changes as they occur. rr

Yes, Gav has had his hands full making all the badge changes requested. There are a few wrinkles to iron out yet, but I think many people will be pleased by what’s been done.

flower

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
hayley
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2019 9:37:43 AM

Survivor wrote:
Has there ever been a consideration of updating the badges here on StoriesSpace to reflect reality? For instance, instead of needing 30,000 views to achieve a Famous story might the threshold be something more realistic for this site? Perhaps 2,500 or so? And might we also consider changing the other badges to show the same reality? It's just a thought. I wasn't aware if that had ever been considered before. The way it is now I would think some badges may never be achieved.

Does anyone have an opinion?

Not sure if this post (24th May, 2017) was the first discussion here on this topic but it was certainly the post that started the ball rolling so to speak.

Whether you believe in the badge concept or not, what has now been accomplished is awesome and all Members should be congratulating Maggie and her crew for seeing this through. I have no idea how Gav ever found the time to do this; he is just a phenomenom.

Way more important than the badge update is what it signifies. It signifies a commitment to the site by the powers that be, a commitment that many Members had thought was gone. Many believed that, given the activity elsewhere, perhaps stories space was just being left to wither away.

Sometimes it is just sooooo wonderful to be gloriously wrong!.

Now the Site has demonstrated its commitment to its Members its time for all Members to reciprocate, by writing more here and each introducing say one new Member a month?

We can do that you know.
Survivor
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2019 2:08:33 PM

hayley wrote:
Survivor wrote:
Has there ever been a consideration of updating the badges here on StoriesSpace to reflect reality? For instance, instead of needing 30,000 views to achieve a Famous story might the threshold be something more realistic for this site? Perhaps 2,500 or so? And might we also consider changing the other badges to show the same reality? It's just a thought. I wasn't aware if that had ever been considered before. The way it is now I would think some badges may never be achieved.

Not sure if this post (24th May, 2017) was the first discussion here on this topic but it was certainly the post that started the ball rolling so to speak.

Whether you believe in the badge concept or not, what has now been accomplished is awesome and all Members should be congratulating Maggie and her crew for seeing this through. I have no idea how Gav ever found the time to do this; he is just a phenomenom.

Way more important than the badge update is what it signifies. It signifies a commitment to the site by the powers that be, a commitment that many Members had thought was gone. Many believed that, given the activity elsewhere, perhaps stories space was just being left to wither away.

Now the Site has demonstrated its commitment to its Members its time for all Members to reciprocate, by writing more here and each introducing say one new Member a month?

We can do that you know.

I'm still waiting for at least two new badges to get applied to my profile. I'm sure that is simply because Gav has other more important chores to attend to. I'm looking at getting the Famous Story and the Millionaire's Club badges soon. rr

elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2019 7:29:47 PM

hayley wrote:
Survivor wrote:

We can do that you know.

This is right on Hayley. I too am thrilled with the updating we have been seeing with this site. Three cheers for all the hard work.

rune
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2019 8:14:45 PM

Congratulations to admin and moderators for the update and new badges for me :)

RuNe'S DooDLiNG iN THe SaNDS

Ballerina & Meg's Sonnet a collaboration with LarryFNigh
The Feast Of All Saints a collaboration with Meredith
Burnt Toast a collaboration with Fuzzy1954
The Autumn a collaboration with ChrisM

My wandering crazy mind is just doodling in the sands ~ RuNe
hayley
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2019 11:23:22 AM

Survivor wrote:
hayley wrote:
Survivor wrote:

We can do that you know.

I'm still waiting for at least two new badges to get applied to my profile. I'm sure that is simply because Gav has other more important chores to attend to. I'm looking at getting the Famous Story and the Millionaire's Club badges soon. rr

Of all the accolades that can be awarded I think that the Millionare's Club Badge is absolutely the most awesome. Huge congrats on that award. hello1
hayley
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2019 11:27:26 AM

rune wrote:

Well done you, beautiful lady Lapplause party002
rune
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 4:07:52 PM

hayley wrote:
rune wrote:

Well done you, beautiful lady Lapplause party002

Thank you so much, Haley you're a sweetheart (hugs)

RuNe'S DooDLiNG iN THe SaNDS

Ballerina & Meg's Sonnet a collaboration with LarryFNigh
The Feast Of All Saints a collaboration with Meredith
Burnt Toast a collaboration with Fuzzy1954
The Autumn a collaboration with ChrisM

My wandering crazy mind is just doodling in the sands ~ RuNe