Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
AriesDragon
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:34:57 PM

Coffee doesnt like me, unfortunatly. But lucky for me, Tea and I are old friends.

You need some proper Kenyan tea in this coffee shop so here you go, some of our finest quality handpicked loose leaf.

hayley
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:40:09 PM

magnificent1rascal wrote:
Gordon Lightfoot is 80?!?!

He is??? Who is Gordon Lightfoot when he's at home?
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:40:11 PM

Tea! Eww... sad1 puke

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
hayley
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:42:36 PM

AnnaMayZing wrote:
Mendalla wrote:

From the movie, Legend, right? Or something like that? God, I love Ferry's voice.

I've got a thread on my other board celebrating Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot. He turns 80 today and is doing a charity gig in his hometown, Orillia, Ontario, to celebrate.

Yes, Legend. He is a superb artist, I agree. I am listening to 'Boys and Girls' right now on a disc which is rotating at 33&1/3 RPM. icon_smile

I also like Gordon Lightfoot. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a fantastic song.

OMG you two! Just spent a week discovering Carole King now you give me this Lightfoot guy? He must be country singer if he sings about wrecks.
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:45:51 PM

hello1 hi people
Coffee please !

hayley
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:47:32 PM

AnnaMayZing wrote:
Tea! Eww... sad1 puke

Awwwwwww ... some tea is good for you Anna... like green, English breakfast, Prince of Wales, Russian Black (my tutor used to drink this.. you should see what it does to the inside of a white china teapot!).
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:51:36 PM

hayley wrote:
AnnaMayZing wrote:
Mendalla wrote:

From the movie, Legend, right? Or something like that? God, I love Ferry's voice.

I've got a thread on my other board celebrating Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot. He turns 80 today and is doing a charity gig in his hometown, Orillia, Ontario, to celebrate.

Yes, Legend. He is a superb artist, I agree. I am listening to 'Boys and Girls' right now on a disc which is rotating at 33&1/3 RPM. icon_smile

I also like Gordon Lightfoot. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a fantastic song.

OMG you two! Just spent a week discovering Carole King now you give me this Lightfoot guy? He must be country singer if he sings about wrecks.

Nah, not country. He’s a fantastic Canadian singer in the storyteller style, kind of like Harry Chapin and Jim Croce, but better. You should look them up too, though. Lwinking

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
hayley
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:52:46 PM

DenimAngel wrote:
hello1 hi people
Coffee please !

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:54:23 PM

hayley wrote:

Awwwwwww ... some tea is good for you Anna... like green, English breakfast, Prince of Wales, Russian Black (my tutor used to drink this.. you should see what it does to the inside of a white china teapot!).

If only it tasted nice... sad1

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:56:53 PM

hayley wrote:

Just for you, Hayley. hello2

gypsy
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:58:51 PM

Never mind, could not link what I wanted to.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

hayley
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:06:40 PM

magnificent1rascal wrote:
hayley wrote:
AnnaMayZing wrote:
Mendalla wrote:

Nah, not country. He’s a fantastic Canadian singer in the storyteller style, kind of like Harry Chapin and Jim Croce, but better. You should look them up too, though. Lwinking

He's Canadian? Ok will start there.. Google maps will fing Canada for me.. I hope!

I've heard of Harry Chapin (I live in West Village) but have never heard his music that I can recall. Jim Croce? I'll find him.
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:11:53 PM

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:29:43 PM

hayley wrote:

I've heard of Harry Chapin (I live in West Village) but have never heard his music that I can recall. Jim Croce? I'll find him.

Probably Chapin's best-known song:

Featured Story:
Night of the Wind - (Fantasy) A mysterious traveller, a strange storm, a chaotic night for a small town.

Other works:
Spooky People - (Poetry) A playful verse for Hallowe'en.
On Seeing the Light (Re)born - (Poetry) A reflection on seeing the sun rise while on vacation
Voice of Ice - (Horror) A powerful winter storm leads a professor to a disturbing discovery
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:31:59 PM

And classic Croce:

Featured Story:
Night of the Wind - (Fantasy) A mysterious traveller, a strange storm, a chaotic night for a small town.

Other works:
On Seeing the Light (Re)born - (Poetry) A reflection on seeing the sun rise while on vacation
Voice of Ice - (Horror) A powerful winter storm leads a professor to a disturbing discovery
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:38:23 PM

Do any of you know Mike Harding?

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:50:53 PM

AnnaMayZing wrote:

New on me, but I love it. Thanks.

Featured Story:

Other works:
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:55:07 PM

Mendalla wrote:
AnnaMayZing wrote:

New on me, but I love it. Thanks.

He is a Manchester comedian most popular in the 70's. His folk songs are incredible. His father was an Air Gunner in Lancasters and was killed. That song was his tribute to him.
You may also appreciate 'The Accington Pals', a song about how whole towns of menfolk were slaughtered during WW1.

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:04:46 PM

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 6:22:10 AM

Popping in for a tea as I wait for an upgrade to finish. It's for the board where I admin (link is in my profile) but it's not on the live board, just on our test site. I am actually waiting for the next major update to upgrade the live board.

Featured Story:

Other works:
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 8:12:32 AM

Having my cuppa java, preparing for rehearsal today. I saw some brilliant short plays last night. Good fun. flower

rune
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:45:37 AM

Survivor wrote:
Having my cuppa java, preparing for rehearsal today. I saw some brilliant short plays last night. Good fun. flower

Have a fun, Larry hello1

Have a wonderful day everyone. hello2

RuNe'S DooDLiNG iN THe BLue SaNDS -StoriesSpace
Ballerina & Meg's Sonnet a collaboration with LarryFNigh
The Feast Of All Saints a collaboration with Meredith
Burnt Toast a collaboration with Fuzzy1954
The Autumn a collaboration with ChrisM
Midnight Whistle Of A Train To Dien a collaboration with Adagio
My wandering crazy mind is just doodling in the sands ~ RuNe
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:24:40 PM

Anyone care to join me? There's plenty to go around. hello2

rune
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:31:56 PM

AnnaMayZing wrote:
Anyone care to join me? There's plenty to go around. hello2

Me! hello2

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 4:00:25 PM

It all looks lovely. It's great to have some scones with teatime as well.

Hi Meg and Anna. hello2

rune
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 4:32:32 PM

Survivor wrote:
It all looks lovely. It's great to have some scones with teatime as well.

Hi Meg and Anna. hello2

Hello, Larry hello2 tea?

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 5:09:03 PM

Don't mind if I do. Had an amazing day for the most part. How's everyone else?

Featured Story:

Other works:
Ping
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 6:38:29 PM

Oh man, I just made my favorite meatloaf recipe and tried a new garlic potato recipe to go with it. I’m finishing the meal right now with a little orange and ginger infused dark roast coffee, enhanced with a shot of Grand Mariner, sugar, and topped with whip cream. I would have shared, but my kids devoured their dinner. Barely left overs for their school lunch tomorrow.

I wrote a wee micro-fiction story while the kids were swimming today. Hopefully, it will be posted soon.

Also, started watching Season Four of Narcos: Mexico. I just love this show. Mostly Spanish subtitles, but Netflix did a wonderful job with it. The first two seasons featured an amazing actor who played Pablo Escobar. He was a horrible person, but the actor humanized the man. Love it when performers can do that.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
hayley
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 1:40:16 PM

The one on the left... has any one ever tasted chocolate mint tea?????
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 1:43:48 PM

hayley wrote:

The one on the left... has any one ever tasted chocolate mint tea?????

That sounds as bad as Pumpkin Spiced Latte. evil4