Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Collections Options · View
ginger86
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 12:55:17 PM

what do you collect and why?

as for me i collect old vinyl records. i have a collection of over a 1000, most left to me by my mom

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 2:00:04 PM

Oh, this is going to sound weird, but here goes...

I collect Starbucks cards. It all started with this one, which I thought was too cute to throw out:

Pretty soon, my family found out that I had kept a zero-balance card and decided I must be a collector, so they started looking for unique cards to give me. I have about three dozen cards now.

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Circle_Something
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 6:36:35 AM

I collect old Sega game consoles. I've almost competed my collection, but getting a boxed Nomad in good nick seems to be a shade difficult. I also have quite a big guitar collection, but I wouldn't say that I collect them, just merely accumulate them, as I do with electronics. I know I'm different from a lot of collectors, in that I do actually use what I collect, regardless of age or rarity, unless it is falling apart or on its last legs, of course.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

CKAcres
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 6:50:30 AM

"No one knows when the final grain of sand will plummet through their own personal Hourglass." ~ CKAcres
"If you really want to make a difference, don't over think it, just do it..."
"Scars of life are deeply etched within the minds of curious old souls."
Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2015 4:04:53 PM

I don't believe I really have a collection.. I mean, maybe baking stuff. Like, the pans and such I have a lot of odd bits and pieces for the kitchen, but I'm working on starting up collecting stuff for my "darker" side. Little bats and adorable ghosts and such. Um, Gothic/Halloween themed scary stuff. Currently, I collect knowledge. :) So any tips and tricks you can give me is very much appreciated and loved. Stuff to do with sewing would be QUITE helpful right now.

Yeah...

Maybe books?

Check out my website The Wandering Squirrel

Working on a new draft of Tomorrow and a first draft of a dystopian-ish novel. We'll see what actually gets written, lol.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 3:13:08 AM

Oh dear...I think I collect a number of things, or used to...don't really actively collect anything at the moment. I do have at least 500 records, probably more, mostly bought when I lived in NYC in the 80's. I have a fairly significant collection of automobile brochures, starting in 1972 I believe, and going up to maybe a dozen years ago or so...automobile books as well. I have about a dozen guitars, but not sure that qualifies as a collection...see my profile pictures...

Probably the thing I have the most significant collection of is Exakta cameras and lenses, which I started collecting in 1980. I believe I attempted an Excel spreadsheet several years back, and came up with about 160 lenses, maybe 50 or so cameras...

Do I really need to explain why? Well...maybe another day...

Pre-War Exakta 66 circa 1938...I have two of these btw...this picture is actually from the eBay ad that I got this one from...just an example here of a camera, and they introduced the first 35mm SLR in '36...

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 12:41:32 AM

I think I would definitely collect interesting shaped bottles if I could as well as anything vintage/victorian and such. Like, I really want a skull bottle. Um, anything skull-shaped. Um, really anything Gothic too.

Currently, I do collect pins, lol. Like... on pinterest, haha: My Pinterest

Check out my website The Wandering Squirrel

Working on a new draft of Tomorrow and a first draft of a dystopian-ish novel. We'll see what actually gets written, lol.
AvrgBlkGrl
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:03:31 AM

I collect antique, Japanese, cast iron teapots.
My husband had a beautiful display area created
in are breakfast area. It takes up an entire wall. And,
it's full.

I also collect hard covered books. I have a weekness for
books that explore early cultural mythology and
books that examine or have a story line that deals with
minority culture. Oh, and anything published by major
Existentialist. The older the better. I guess it's because of my
teaching discipline.

Please Read My Latest Story (Click on the Banner):

Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 5:13:05 PM

Porcelain dolls, I have a rock collection and I collect feathers. Just an odd number of things

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
NymphWriter
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:25:03 PM

Okay, a while back Public Storage ran a commercial that all my family & friends were like... "OMG! That's her house!"

I collect unicorns. Yes... you read that correctly... I collect unicorns. I have been doing so since I was 14. Though I've lost a few pieces I still have over 400 of assorted shapes and sizes. I have paintings, prints, stuffed animals, statues, figurines, jewelry, t-shirts, a blanket, a table & The Last Unicorn on blu-ray. My husband supports my collection by buying me more pieces all the time.

So, here's that commercial. It's pretty much how my home looks.

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 9:33:42 PM

Antique Asian Men - puppets, marionettes, dolls. I have all kinds, but these are a few ....

ginger86
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:01:14 PM

books by stephen king

Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:15:37 PM

Topographical post cards showing views of places in the UK close to my heart. I must have several hundred now, but they're not all in albums yet.
ginger86
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 7:46:13 PM

my most prized possession is a plaque my mother hand stitched when i was a baby. it was from a poem she saw in a newspaper.in an article by "dear abbey" back when few people could not afford internet or computers, way back in the late 80's. here's how it goes.

I do believe that God above created you for me to love
he picked you out from all the rest because he knew I'd love you best
I had a heart and it was true but now I've given it to you
so take good as I have done for now you have two and I have none

When I die and go up there I'll wait for you on the Golden Stairs
and if you're not there on Judgement Day I'll know you've gone the other way
so I'll give the angels back their wings their snowy gowns and all those things
and just to prove my love is true I'll go to hell to be with you

today, if you google it,you will find it in many forms, posted by many people but for me it was a message from my mom and hangs on my wall to this day

rolandlytle
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:10:55 PM

DVD's

I used to collect baseball cards and comic books years ago.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Vern_Fawcett
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 6:20:24 AM

Scale models over 700 military ships, infantry, tanks, aircraft
3 1/2 inch GI Joe action figures and knock offs.
Star Wars action figures
Monster figures
Die-cast cars, Hot Wheels and Matchboxes about 1500
tools, yes I do use them
Family history photo's, genealogy, writings, items of personal significance
Cheap resin cast miniature houses, lighthouses, Christmas village etc.

May your parchment be smooth, your ink never blot, and your writing never block.
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 2:31:05 PM

I collect many things. I love all things miniature but one collection that drives my husband mad is my collection of 'Gluhwein' mugs which I seek out each and every visit to Germany. Every town has it's own design and many are printed with the year. I have a kitchen shelf which is now full and each time I 'collect' one my other half says,
"Where is that one going to go?"

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 7:04:58 AM

My wife and I collect cobalt blue glass. We have some nice things from across the country, and we got a large vase in England that is lovely.

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Tiger
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 8:32:10 PM

I have a late friend who offered to give me his entire garage full of thousands of different beer cans lining three full walls to the ceiling. I have no way of knowing how many there were, and how many countries they were from but it took at least 6 alphabets or ideographic systems to name them: this one, Greek, Cyrillic, Armenian script, Chinese, and at least one of Hangul, Hebrew, or Manchu. The last is not clear in my memory. I have no idea what he did with it before he died. It was a very colorful and interesting display!
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:30:16 PM

LarryFNigh wrote:
My wife and I collect cobalt blue glass. We have some nice things from across the country, and we got a large vase in England that is lovely.

I love Cobalt Blue glass! There is a place in Bristol, England which makes 'Bristol Blue Glass'. I visited once and watched them forming pieces, all by hand. It was beautiful and I fell in love with it but, sadly, it was too expensive and I couldn't afford to buy any back then.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
hayley
Posted: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:46:11 PM

Do shoes count as collectibles or am I a hoarder?

help
gillianleeza
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:03:01 PM

hayley wrote:

help

Shoes are a necessity. Just to be safe always get more when you can. laughing8

I have a large collection of music boxes and unicorn figurines. I have a few unicorn music boxes too.
hayley
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:57:51 PM

gillianleeza wrote:
hayley wrote:

help

Shoes are a necessity. Just to be safe always get more when you can. laughing8

I have a large collection of music boxes and unicorn figurines. I have a few unicorn music boxes too.

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:56:10 AM

Used to collect books. As a kid, rocks. Nothing really at the moment, though I still have some of my favorites from the books.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2018 7:43:18 AM

As a bookshop owner, I collect pages. I recently disbanded a ballpoint pen collection. The ink had dried. In the pantry, I have an assortment of soups and beans.