Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What Would Your "Thing" Be? Options · View
DirtyMartini
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 11:59:53 PM

DianaShallard wrote:
Other times, I really wish someone would invent a waterproof tablet for taking notes.

I believe there may be quite a few actually...such as this Dry Case brand for tablets...

You have no excuses anymore...happy8

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Posted: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:20:51 PM

I not a writer... I paint. My "thing" is back ground noise. Be it the radio, TV, or a particular favourite; Audio books. If its music, I like it loud. I can not work with silence, not that that would ever be the case in a house with children, dogs, cats, an incredibly rude Parrot and the multitude of birds who come for breakfast, lunch and dinner at my studio window and protest loudly if the food has run out or its not to their liking. Then there are the monkeys who get their kicks teasing my dogs, doing commando style raids on the kitchen and seeing how many of my roof tiles they can break as they run around sounding more like a herd of elephants than Sykes and Vervet monkeys.
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:28:32 AM

My thing is my Mac. I did not write until I got my Mac and found a site willing to let me write stories there. My computer is a necessity.

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Poppet
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:05:59 PM

I need quiet, expect my music. That's all I need, that's my thing. It doesn't matter when I write, or how I write, or where I write. As long as I have quiet, out side of my music of course. My head is full of endless ideas, so I don't need much to just write.

Posted: Friday, September 6, 2013 8:23:05 AM

My thing? That would be my bow ties. I'm in suits and bow ties every day for work. Started at the very beginning of high school, Catholic high school where the guys had to wear ties. From day one I made mine bow ties. Been wearing them exclusively ever since, pretty much every day.
ravenpearl
Posted: Friday, September 6, 2013 11:45:47 AM

my music and my words i like to see them dance in the air.
rolandlytle
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:31:44 AM

I wear florescent orange, pink or yellow shoe laces everywhere.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2018 2:52:48 PM

Coffee shops. My favourite place to write is Starbucks. For some reason I find it easy to write there and inspiration tends to come easily.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
LYFBUZ
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2018 6:03:32 PM

I don't really have a thing but I find I have to be in a certain mood to write anything productive. Its more like 10 certain moods but they have a common thread of, I don't know, maybe a kind of energy flow. Yeah I know, I'm kinda odd. :)