No preference 0 0 %
Where I live doesn’t have discernible seasons 2 11 %

What is your favorite season, and why? Options · View
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2018 11:12:01 AM

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall —
Which do you think is best of all?

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2018 7:38:52 PM

My favorite season is fall — especially early fall, with its crisp mornings, warm afternoons and cool evenings. Oh, and Oktoberfest!
toast

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
gillianleeza
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 3:44:58 PM

My favorite too is fall. For many of the same reasons. It is a welcome change from the relentless heat and humidity that lasts into September here in Virginia.

My favorite thing about fall is having the windows open and falling asleep with a cool breeze blowing in and cuddling under blankets.
Survivor
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 10:46:05 AM

It's the spring for me.

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 12:23:14 PM

Fall has to be my favorite..love the leaves changing and the cooler nights and of course Football! hello1

Dreamcatcher
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 12:55:37 PM

My favorite is late spring-early summer... better golf weather.

AriesDragon
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:29:50 AM

I love rain.
On the equator we don't get seasons like the northern hemisphere. We have a 'winter' which is July/August.
We have a rainy seasons in April and October which normally means floods and we have dry hot
fire season December through to when the rains start. A very scary time.
Adagio
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:21:53 AM

I love the autumn for it's colors of sensuality and honesty. It's difficult to replicate the truth of gliding leaves.
Sugarbaby
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 9:11:43 PM

Well, I guess I am the only one who LOVES winter. Even though I was born and raised in Southern California, I LOVE ALASKA.
The snow and the cold. I have always hated extreme heat. Guess I was born a polar bear.

rune
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:05:54 PM

I only have my favorites "wet & dry" seasons. The other seasons where I am are "el nino or la nina" seasons... That I wish it will not visit at all.

RuNe'S DooDLiNG iN THe BLue SaNDS -StoriesSpace
Ballerina & Meg's Sonnet a collaboration with LarryFNigh
The Feast Of All Saints a collaboration with Meredith
Burnt Toast a collaboration with Fuzzy1954
The Autumn a collaboration with ChrisM
Midnight Whistle Of A Train To Dien a collaboration with Adagio
My wandering crazy mind is just doodling in the sands ~ RuNe
Welshdreamer42
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:03:37 AM

Spring because it means winter is over - I can’t stand being cold. All the best flowers are out in Spring too and the tree blossom. I love cherry blossom, so pretty. I’m quite a keen gardener when I get time so seeing my garden burst into life in Spring is a real pleasure. flower

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
(Hitchhiker's Guide, #5)
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:42:01 PM

I love the Winter. I like everything about it except for the wind/rain combo but then, you can get that any time of the year.

©AnnaMorrison2013

My current novel, http://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/kindred-spirits-distant-hearts.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Jimwillhavefun
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:38:42 PM

I love the summer. I am not a cold weather person. I lived in the cold and snow for many years in New Jersey and PA and all over the north. I want nothing but warm weather from now on.
elizabethblack
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:22:31 PM

Oh Spring is my very favorite. Wish we could have it year long. Sometimes we go from winter to summer with 2 days of Spring. But it is beautiful

EyeOfTheBeholder
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:58:09 PM

Fall is my favorite without a doubt. It's warm enough during the day, cold enough to enjoy a jacket or a snuggle. The trees always are so beautiful this time of year.
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:45:35 AM

Fall. The temperature is usually in my comfort zone (I hate both extreme heat and extreme cold), there's a beauty in the leaves changing, and Hallowe'en (I don't believe in the supernatural per se but love ghost stories and such).

Featured Story:
Night of the Wind - (Fantasy) A mysterious traveller, a strange storm, a chaotic night for a small town.

Other works:
Spooky People - (Poetry) A playful verse for Hallowe'en.
On Seeing the Light (Re)born - (Poetry) A reflection on seeing the sun rise while on vacation
Voice of Ice - (Horror) A powerful winter storm leads a professor to a disturbing discovery
vanessa26
Posted: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:43:52 AM

Spring and fall
Spring is fresh and filled with hope
Fall, the air is crisp the leaves are beautiful
and there is Halloween.
verbal
Posted: Friday, October 5, 2018 12:47:03 PM

I am actually pretty fond of all the seasons, but Spring has to be #1, because I don't have to drive the kids to school every morning, and because it means the beginning of baseball season!
Ping
Posted: Friday, October 5, 2018 6:43:51 PM

Where I live, we have four very distinct seasons. I like them all. I look forward to each, however, when I look forward to fall, I know winter is coming. Snow tires. Icy wind. Stupid drivers. Long underwear. But I love the snow. The more the merrier.

I think autumn is my favorite because the grass and weeds have stopped growing, the trees are gorgeous, and all the mosquitoes and wasps are gone. Unlike this year, we usually get a good two months of pleasant fall weather, before the cold gets us. But damn, if we have a long winter like last year, I may go bananas. Spring, summer, and fall this year were way too short.
gypsy
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:45:44 AM

Usually, autumn is my favourite, but this year, it isn't, because it isn't showing up yet. Months of drought and a seemingly endless heat wave have still not abated.

Autumn, where are you? help

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Circle_Something
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:17:58 AM

gypsy wrote:
Usually, autumn is my favourite, but this year, it isn't, because it isn't showing up yet. Months of drought and a seemingly endless heat wave have still not abated.

Autumn, where are you? help

I feel ya. Our autumn seems to be somewhat on hold, too; trees are changing colour, true, but the weather just isn't autumnal at all. It's supposed to pretty much skip autumn this year and go straight to winter. No thanks! Winter used to be my favourite season, but recently I've started appreciating the melancholic beauty of autumn. I like the transition and the fact that in autumn, my sinuses don't bother me as much as summer or winter. Damn, I don't half ramble.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

gypsy
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:00:57 AM

Circle_Something wrote:
[quote=gypsy]

I feel ya. Our autumn seems to be somewhat on hold, too; trees are changing colour, true, but the weather just isn't autumnal at all. It's supposed to pretty much skip autumn this year and go straight to winter. No thanks! Winter used to be my favourite season, but recently I've started appreciating the melancholic beauty of autumn. I like the transition and the fact that in autumn, my sinuses don't bother me as much as summer or winter. Damn, I don't half ramble.

You nailed it, Andrew, autumn has a melancholy beauty, and with the cooler temps and changing light levels, usually feels like the beginning of a new year. It is usually an inspiration to undertake new works. For photography, it can be such a wonderful time of year. I guess this is just goong to be an off year in that respect.

Oh and allergies, those usually abate by now, but instead they are as bad as the spring right now.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

ladysharon
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 1:39:36 PM

I like the fall season most, because of the cooler temperatures, changing leaves, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the copious amount of comfort foods I can eat. It's also the time of year where my creative juices can really flow.
TurbulentSea
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 11:18:38 PM

Winter

It can be so beautifully cold. The coolness gives me energy.

https://www.storiesspace.com/TurbulentSea
LaJumelleMauvaise
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 3:22:55 PM

There is an ineffable quality to the 'feel' of the air of autumn, the way it carries sound and light. The way twilight seems more infinite in depth, and the loneliness of the first stars twinkling through the dwindling light. Autumn is the season of wisdom and mystery. I love autumn.