Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Story category ideas? Options · View
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:52:26 PM

I was wondering there were any recent plans to add any new story categories. I'm hoping to see be a historical fiction category.

Thaks..
Survivor
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 7:54:14 AM
Survivor

I'm pretty sure I've not seen anything about adding new story categories. I think what most of us are concerned with is whether the site will continue being here for us. There have been discussions about how to get more people to visit and join the site. Perhaps adding different kinds 0f stories might be helpful in doing that.

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Please take the time to read my contest entry for our competition.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-peen-goes-to-a-swimming-pool-.aspx
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 2:32:57 PM
AnnaMayZing

DamonX wrote:
I was wondering there were any recent plans to add any new story categories. I'm hoping to see be a historical fiction category.

Thaks..

My long running series is set during WW2 and is in the Drama category but Historical Fiction would be more fitting I suppose.
My concern for SS echoes that of Larry. I hope that SS is not 'dumbed down' by adding dubious categories in the way the other side have.
SS is special and it deserves to grow and flourish rather than wither and die from neglect.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 7:28:51 PM
Rumple_deWriter

Just my FWIW thoughts and suggestions for new categories.

note: all these are fiction

animals/wildlife/nature/environmental
Family
Gothic
Historical
Religious
Chick-Lit

IMO, while new stories might generate more traffic (readers and writers), unless story votes and comments pick up along with more forum participation, Nicola will have little incentive to invest much, if any, additional time and money on, Story Space...unfortunately.

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 11:58:01 AM
AnnaMayZing

I hate to say it but you are dead right.
It is, however a catch-22 situation.
We need more 'vocal' readers to attract more authors but to attract more readers we need more authors...
SS needs something to attract both.
It has been 20 months since we last had a competition...

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana