Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Writing A Court Scene Options · View
Colors_of_the_Wind
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:31:19 AM

Hey y'all. It's been a while since I was on here. I've recently started writing the sequel to my Tomorrow story. Philena is doing as well as can be expected in this sequel. I've written the first chapter which is quite a bit longer than I thought it would be and now am on to the second where I feel I must describe the legal process she is going through with Stepmonster, but I've never written anything of the sort.

I was wondering if any of you may know, whether from experience of being in a court room in one role or another or just from writing a lot of crime stories, the order in which one may go. Who will speak first? Will they try him for her mother's murder and all the abuse she's suffered in the one go or no? What kind of questions will they ask, both the prosecution (her side) and the defense (his side)?

As always, if there are any tips or extra details/info you can offer me, I certainly welcome it.

Thank you :)

~Aria

"Love is love."
Here's a cute little bunny:

Here's the first chapter of Tomorrow:
Tomorrow: Chapter One
And here's the most recent and final Tomorrow installment:
Tomorrow: Chapter Twenty-One
And, specifically for your viewing pleasure, the first chapter of the sequel, Today:
Today: Chapter One