Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Republished material Options · View
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 7:02:46 AM

I have a story languishing on an eZine site that has been archival for over a decade (the last issue was in 2006). It was published there by a friend who was one of the editors and has now passed on. I am thinking it might get more eyeballs if I move it here, but I wonder what the Stories Space policy on that is. I do still own the copyright (i.e. I didn't assign it) and any license I granted them is long since passed.

My question is: Do I need to hunt down my late friend's co-editor to get the original publication taken down or can I repost here with it still live there? The version that goes up here will be different as my friend, for some bloody-minded reason, used an older draft than I asked him to and I plan to use the newer version here.

Featured Story:
Night of the Wind - (Fantasy) A mysterious traveller, a strange storm, a chaotic night for a small town.

Other works:
Spooky People - (Poetry) A playful verse for Hallowe'en.
On Seeing the Light (Re)born - (Poetry) A reflection on seeing the sun rise while on vacation
Voice of Ice - (Horror) A powerful winter storm leads a professor to a disturbing discovery
gypsy
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 8:48:51 AM

seeker4 wrote:
I have a story languishing on an eZine site that has been archival for over a decade (the last issue was in 2006). It was published there by a friend who was one of the editors and has now passed on. I am thinking it might get more eyeballs if I move it here, but I wonder what the Stories Space policy on that is. I do still own the copyright (i.e. I didn't assign it) and any license I granted them is long since passed.

My question is: Do I need to hunt down my late friend's co-editor to get the original publication taken down or can I repost here with it still live there? The version that goes up here will be different as my friend, for some bloody-minded reason, used an older draft than I asked him to and I plan to use the newer version here.

As long as you wrote it and it isn't barred from being published elsewhere by any other site or publication it is housed at, you can submit it here.

See this page for submission guidelines: http://www.storiesspace.com/disclaimer.aspx#submissions

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 1:43:10 PM

Thanks, gypsy. Figured as much as that's the policy on another site I have visited.

Featured Story:
Night of the Wind - (Fantasy) A mysterious traveller, a strange storm, a chaotic night for a small town.

Other works:
Spooky People - (Poetry) A playful verse for Hallowe'en.
On Seeing the Light (Re)born - (Poetry) A reflection on seeing the sun rise while on vacation
Voice of Ice - (Horror) A powerful winter storm leads a professor to a disturbing discovery