Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Time line, error message - anyone else? Options · View
gypsy
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:21:51 PM

For several days now, no time line, just this message:

What's up with that? Is it just me, and if so, why? If not, um, what's going on?

Thanks.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:45:05 PM

It's not just you. I am receiving the same message. I reported it to the admins. I haven't heard from anyone yet.
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:58:21 PM

Is this still happening? My timeline looks fine to me. I've logged out and back in a few times this week without getting the error message even once, and timeline is set to be my welcome page so it came up each time I logged in.

dontknow

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:31:17 PM

magnificent1rascal wrote:
Is this still happening? My timeline looks fine to me. I've logged out and back in a few times this week without getting the error message even once, and timeline is set to be my welcome page so it came up each time I logged in.

dontknow

Yes. This is still happening. I just checked and I cannot get to my timeline.
gypsy
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 1:58:16 AM

dontknow

It is still happening for me, too.

I logged out and logged in again, still no timeline, just the message as in the screen shot I posted here.

d'oh!

Has anyone else mentioned this, apart from Larry and myself?

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 7:39:47 AM

LarryFNigh wrote:

gypsy wrote:

I logged out and logged in again, still no timeline, just the message as in the screen shot I posted here.

d'oh!

I don't know if anyone else has reported the error message. I'll point Gav to this thread.

In the meantime, my only suggestion is the standard clear your cache and cookies, and if that doesn't work, try a different browser.

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Survivor
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 7:49:08 AM

I'll just post here what I sent to the admins last night. I noticed an odd coincidence between my profile page and Gypsy's. We both have a "badge" that consists of a solitary "Dot" and nothing else. Mine appeared several days ago. Right around the time I started getting the error message when attempting to go to my timeline page. I find it a strange thing that we both have this error message and both have this "badge" now.
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 7:56:12 AM

That's the "Can't See Timeline" badge, Larry. It's very exclusive. evil4

Connect with Maggie

Survivor
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 8:45:02 AM

That's the "Can't See Timeline" badge, Larry. It's very exclusive. evil4

Marvelous. I do love my badges. Any shape or form. laughing8
Sherzahd
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:00:45 AM

I thought it might have something to do with the Spam Assassin badge, but there is one other person who has that badge and she doesn't have the mysterious dot badge. dontknow

“Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”
gypsy
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 12:13:04 PM

LarryFNigh wrote:

gypsy wrote:

d'oh!

I don't know if anyone else has reported the error message. I'll point Gav to this thread.

In the meantime, my only suggestion is the standard
Quote:
clear your cache and cookies,
and if that doesn't work, try a different browser.

Tried a different browser, nuttin'

gypsy
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 12:20:33 PM

LarryFNigh wrote:
I'll just post here what I sent to the admins last night. I noticed an odd coincidence between my profile page and Gypsy's. We both have a "badge" that consists of a solitary "Dot" and nothing else. Mine appeared several days ago. Right around the time I started getting the error message when attempting to go to my timeline page. I find it a strange thing that we both have this error message and both have this "badge" now.

I wondered about that bizarre "dot" badge as well, especially in conjunction with the Spam Assassin one.

It is indeed quite strange.

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 9:04:00 PM

Well, the file name for the dot badge is storiesspace.com/badges/45.aspx (which leads to a 'file not found' message).

As those of us in the U.S. know, 45 never delivers what was promised, and always results in an error.

laughing9

Connect with Maggie

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 6:56:17 AM

As those of us in the U.S. know, 45 is apt to promise two completely opposing things in the same conversation, nay, the same sentence.

We have comprehended by now that 45 is, indeed, an error.

🤡
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 8:07:57 AM

Well, the file name for the dot badge is storiesspace.com/badges/45.aspx (which leads to a 'file not found' message).

As those of us in the U.S. know, 45 never delivers what was promised, and always results in an error.

laughing9

Lol. Upvotes 1000 times flower
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 2:28:04 PM

My timeline is now back. Thanks to whatever tech elf fixed it for me.
gypsy
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 2:43:51 AM

Mine is also back, thank you!

Lapplause Lapplause Lapplause