Poetry: What is your favorite type?

last reply
9 replies
7.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
what kind of poetry do you enjoy most ! love, faith, trials and tribulations.sadness , love pains, etc.d7ihJf4zVnuUBbVa
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on my mood as I love a lot of poetry types but I have a huge soft spot for well written love poems. It appeals to the softie in me.
New Poem out

The Observer
0 likes
I prefer and grapple with poetry that is challenging, evocative and structured so as to let the meaning reveal itself via the chosen form.

Those that are based upon a poor, repetitive and predictable rhyme scheme make me shu(tt)dder. In fear, that is.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I like a lot of different poetry. I think my favourite is silly stuff, like "On The Ning Nang Nong" by Spike Milligan.

Of course, I also really enjoy the darker side of poetry like "Lenore" by Egar Allan Poe. Of course, I can't really say Poe without mentioning "The Raven", can I?

I can't really pick a favourite type of poem, but I like it to be dark, slightly comic and also to tell a good tale.
Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^=
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like many different types. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I want a good story, like The Cremation of Sam Magee. Other tmes, I want food for thought - that could be something as simple as William Carlos WIlliams' Red Wheel Barrow, or something s complex as Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass. Sometimes I just like a little light humor, like A A Milne's The Matter With Mary Jane, and sometimes I want a story told in nonsense words, like Jabberwocky. Sometimes I want to consider history, like the Illiad, or Sandburg's Chicago, and sometimes I want a good play, like something by Shakespeare. The only poetry I never want is poetry set to a sound track, like rap.
"Any book not worth reading twice was not worth reading the first time." Oscar Wilde
Lurker
0 likes
Ways To Get New Product Ideas Online marketers are forever looking for new and fresh product ideas. To survive in online marketing, you have to stand out from the crowd and have something new and attractive to sell. Being the author or owner of a brand new product also doesn't have any restrictions and you can do with it as you like, [URL=]Custom NFL Jerseys[/URL] so the earning potential is endless. Here are a few tips for creating your own product. Solve an existing problem for people. If you can create a product that will solve the problems of others or make their lives a little easier, you are on to a winner. You could use your own experience or problems as a starting point or ask the people around you. Watching TV, reading magazines and surfing the net is just a few of them. Once you found the hot trend and created a product for that niche, you are sure to find a more specific market in that niche and you should focus on that for [URL=]NHL Jerseys Wholesale[/URL] creating your next product. Add on to an existing product. Putting your products in a package deal is always attractive. People like to know they get value for money and if you can add a few extras for free or at a small price, that will very likely get their attention. It could be something as simple as packaging a football jersey with football cards. It won't break the bank, but offers the customer more than just a jersey. Depending on the rights you have to the ebooks, you could change the title and bring the content up to date. Obviously 'New for 2006' won't sell in 2010, [URL=]NFL Jerseys Sale[/URL] but you can change the cover and make it look brand new. If you have other related affiliate products you would like to promote, you could brand your ebook for more sales. Ask your customers. I don't think people have a problem telling you what they would like to see more or less of. You could post a survey or questionnaire on your web site to get people's opinions and ask them what they are interested in.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Circle_Something
I like a lot of different poetry. I think my favourite is silly stuff, like "On The Ning Nang Nong" by Spike Milligan.

Of course, I also really enjoy the darker side of poetry like "Lenore" by Egar Allan Poe. Of course, I can't really say Poe without mentioning "The Raven", can I?

I can't really pick a favourite type of poem, but I like it to be dark, slightly comic and also to tell a good tale.

Poe is one of my favorite authors. I enjoy his "Annabel Lee" and, of course, "The Raven" also. The Romanticism period of time in general was very interesting for poetry.

To answer the forum question as a whole:

I like almost any kind of poetry, I tend to not like the structured ones (go figure, most of mine are not structured), but if it is well written and I can connect to it, then it is a good poem in my book. As for type... Gothic is nice, depending on my mood. I have a soft spot for love poems, too. I write a lot of them that read like a small story, so if I can ever find those out in the published world it's nice too.

Mostly, I like all poetry. Though I have to say I'm particularly fond of Maya Angelou's "Insomnia(c)" and Poe's "Annabel Lee".

💓 Melissa Etheridge - PULSE ( for orlando victims ) 💓 - YouTube

As always, kindness is free, so please consider that when replying to someone rather than the alternatives. You never know what's going on in their life that you may not see. Love, Light & Blessed Be, friends.

Lurker
0 likes
My favorite is inspirational, or haiku. I like deep and dark sometimes though, but if the feeling is in the poem, more than likely I'll keep it.....so I guess.....I don't have a favorite type.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I love poetry that speaks to the human condition and humanity's place in our world. Haiku always works well for this. It also works as a vessel to describe the majesty of the world itself.
Lurker
0 likes
I love love poems and anything heartbreaking.

and erotic

anything that makes me feel a lot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Haiku and Free Verse are my favorite to write.

I love any kind of poetry to read.

And the genres I enjoy range from the dark, realistic, traumatizing types to (sometimes) lovey-dovey romance stuff.

💓 Melissa Etheridge - PULSE ( for orlando victims ) 💓 - YouTube

As always, kindness is free, so please consider that when replying to someone rather than the alternatives. You never know what's going on in their life that you may not see. Love, Light & Blessed Be, friends.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
My desire for a certain type of poem changes with my mood