Poetry Sites That Pay!

last reply
3 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Story Moderator
0 likes
Here are a couple calls for submissions from poetry sites that actually pay. (What a concept!)

Poetry Magazine

This well-regarded poetry journal publishes poetry, including translated poetry, and poetry-related prose, including book reviews.
Deadline: Rolling
Word count: Four poems or translations, up to 10 pages; up to 10 pages for prose
Pay: $10 per line of poetry ($300 minimum); $150 per page of prose

Rattle

They publish poetry and translations of poems. They publish both free verse and traditional forms.
Word count: Up to four poems
Pay: $100 per poem and subscription for print issue, $50 per poem online; all submissions are automatically considered for the $1,000 Neil Postman Award for Metaphor

* taken from the free online newsletter of, Authors Publish *
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What I can get paid for writing poerty!??!?!?!

LOL I will so do it....

If I wasn't so bad at it Lmao!!!!
Her courage was her crown and she wore it like a queen -Atticus
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
Here are a couple calls for submissions from poetry sites that actually pay. (What a concept!)

Poetry Magazine

This well-regarded poetry journal publishes poetry, including translated poetry, and poetry-related prose, including book reviews.
Word count: Four poems or translations, up to 10 pages; up to 10 pages for prose
Pay: $10 per line of poetry ($300 minimum); $150 per page of prose

Rattle

They publish poetry and translations of poems. They publish both free verse and traditional forms.
Word count: Up to four poems
Pay: $100 per poem and subscription for print issue, $50 per poem online; all submissions are automatically considered for the $1,000 Neil Postman Award for Metaphor

* taken from the free online newsletter of, Authors Publish *

It should be noted that Poetry Magazine does NOT accept previously published poetry... Anywhere, including online... StoriesSpace & Lush included. I did not check Rattle.

Drat! Fiddlesticks! Balderdash!

Sorry for the foul language
Story Moderator
0 likes
Ping wrote: Drat! Fiddlesticks! Balderdash!

Sorry for the foul language

===

That's bold talk for a family friendly site, Mr. G. But if someone objects, I'll tell 'em about how your a tempermental genius but maybe sometimes a tad light on the mental side of the equation. ;)