Want votes? Make comments.

last reply
15 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Story Moderator
0 likes
Looking for more votes and views on your Stories Space submissions? If so, vote and leave comments on the submissions of other writers.

It's not applied rocket science. Those who vote and comment on submissions and in forums threads tend to get votes and comments on their own work.

Go ahead...give it a try. There are several new stories with one or no votes just waiting for you.

Lurker
0 likes
I do and I have. But probably won't anymore. I write for myself anyways.

My subject matter is usually too much for people to want to read.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh my god. I have been doing it wrong all these years.
Her courage was her crown and she wore it like a queen -Atticus
Lurker
0 likes
I've been reading lots of amazing stories. And poems. Lol.

I don't expect anything back. LMAO
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by akatsuki_dragon
Oh my god. I have been doing it wrong all these years.

Lmao, maybe you should be on here more often then.
Story Moderator
0 likes
In addition to the warm feeling commenters no doubt get for supporting other writers there's another benefit that comes to the commenter, honest.

A comment on the writing forces the person giving the comment to actually think like a writer. While 'atta boys' and 'way to go' are okay, they don't require any thoughts on the quality of the writing. If, in your considered opinion, the story sucks, just move on. Save 'constructive criticism' for PM's. But taking a minute to mention something you thought was well done is a goodness both for the those getting the comment and for those doing the giving.

Give commenting on stories and poems a try. It won't hurt much, probably.

Lurker
0 likes
Lots of amazing stories and poems to read, folks.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
In addition to the warm feeling commenters no doubt get for supporting other writers there's another benefit that comes to the commenter, honest.

A comment on the writing forces the person giving the comment to actually think like a writer. While 'atta boys' and 'way to go' are okay, they don't require any thoughts on the quality of the writing. If, in your considered opinion, the story sucks, just move on. Save 'constructive criticism' for PM's. But taking a minute to mention something you thought was well done is a goodness both for the those getting the comment and for those doing the giving.

Overall I agree with you.

Buuuuuut!!!! I don't wanna get hurt. I can die!!!!

Lol, but seriously, it works guys. I had gain a new follower yesterday because of it.
Lurker
0 likes
I love to show support for the new writers. They're amazing.

There is nothing sadder than something that should be read, cherished and acknowledged.
Lurker
0 likes
You can also look at authors by clicking on the magnifying glass, it's the second link. I just took a quick peek at all the authors this way.

You can find yourself there as well.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Give a new writer a chance. Go ahead and read one of their intitial offerings. Let them know that there are some real people here on our site. Not all of them will bother to check you out in return, but at least you've given them the kind of welcome they were looking for when they settled in here as a member.

Give others the votes you want and maybe, just maybe, you'll get some on your own work.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
Looking for more votes and views on your Stories Space submissions? If so, vote and leave comments on the submissions of other writers.

It's not applied rocket science. Those who vote and comment on submissions and in forums threads tend to get votes and comments on their own work.

Go ahead...give it a try. There are several new stories with one or no votes just waiting for you.

you might get more votes and comments with an avatar

Please read my latest poem to honour all who have served

Bitch Called Nam

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/bitch-called-nam

Administration
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter

I am awful at this. I overthink it and feel like everything I say will sound stupid, but you are absolutely right. I really should start voting and commenting more. It's always nice to hear praise for your hard work.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LarryFNigh
Give a new writer a chance. Go ahead and read one of their intitial offerings. Let them know that there are some real people here on our site. Not all of them will bother to check you out in return, but at least you've given them the kind of welcome they were looking for when they settled in here as a member.

Give others the votes you want and maybe, just maybe, you'll get some on your own work.

Is there a way of finding a new writer?
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by hayley
Quote by LarryFNigh

One way is to simply check here in the forum every day and the latest member will be listed near the bottom of the first page. I also make it a habit to look at the profiles of people I don't recognize and there you will see the date they joined the site in their bio/stats area.

The featured members at the top of the home page will show people I am not familiar with and I check their profilles.

I also check the people listed as having a birthday here on the forum. I notice the fact that a lot of them are dormant.

That doesn't really take any great deal of time. A few minutes each morning.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LarryFNigh
Quote by hayley
Quote by LarryFNigh

One way is to simply check here in the forum every day and the latest member will be listed near the bottom of the first page. I also make it a habit to look at the profiles of people I don't recognize and there you will see the date they joined the site in their bio/stats area.

The featured members at the top of the home page will show people I am not familiar with and I check their profilles.

I also check the people listed as having a birthday here on the forum. I notice the fact that a lot of them are dormant.

Found one.. read .. commented. biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stalking much πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ ..scary
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by etairay

Stalking much πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ ..scary

You are on my radar there, E.
0 likes
I try to always leave a comment on a story I read. If i want to say a small criticism or even offer a word of advice, I always go private with that. I have been known to help new writers get their first stories published and help them write it or polish it up for the mods. Being nice and helpful doesn't take any energy and I have made some great new friends from doing things this way.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Maybe it is a community thing. You have your own set of groups, one just leaves the comments to their little group ..I'm just saying. It is only natural for people to make a beeline to their friends or those writers they know, or are familiar with. I will butt out now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ This is more for writers.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by etairay

Maybe it is a community thing. You have your own set of groups, one just leaves the comments to their little group ..I'm just saying. It is only natural for people to make a beeline to their friends or those writers they know, or are familiar with. I will butt out now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ This is more for writers.

I am not a 'groupie,' but like anyone else, I enjoy a nice comment. SS is a great platform for those who wish to write and meet great people. It doesn't cost but a few breaths to pen a few line. I am not gifted, but I will offer my help to anyone who ask.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Quote by hayley
Quote by LarryFNigh
Quote by hayley
Quote by LarryFNigh

Found one.. read .. commented. biggrin

great!! you are on your way enjoy reading the poetry and stories on here and LarryF has great ideas on finding new members too.

hope to read and comment on one of your stories or poetry ..

Please read my latest poem to honour all who have served

Bitch Called Nam

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/bitch-called-nam