Star Trek - Voyager (1 vote) 14%
Star Trek - Enterprise (0 votes) 0%
Star Trek Movies (0 votes) 0%
Star Trek Fan Films (0 votes) 0%
None - Star Trek sucks (0 votes) 0%
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I enjoyed them all, but TNG was my fav.

Do not care as much for the new Star Trek 'alternate reality' movies with J.J. Abrams. Action is great, but poor plot and character development compared to the originals.

Some of the fan films are really pretty good.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I enjoyed all of them eventually. The original I loved immediately, but the others had to grow on me..
0 likes
TNG The characters were brilliant, all of them. Such a strong cast and great story lines.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
The Next Generation. By then it had grown up and developed into a convincing reality. And one can never get enough of Jean-Luc Picard.
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
Not a huge fan but certainly Next Generation was the better (although I liked Voyager too as it had Seven of Nine!)

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How the hell is a Star Trek fan supposed to answer this question??? I just can't decide.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LarryFNigh
The Next Generation. By then it had grown up and developed into a convincing reality. And one can never get enough of Jean-Luc Picard.

I loved how Picard made bald sexy again.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like them all but I like TNG and Nine and Doc
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Looks like I'm just gonna join the chorus - TNG for the win, thanks to...well, everything, really, but mostly JLP.

Spock and the gang from the original series are pretty good, too...but just never felt the love for that Kirk guy...
Lurker
0 likes
I cannot toss aside my lifelong love for the original series.

Yes, of course TNG was better: it had better scripts, better actors and more money thrown at it, so it HAD to succeed.

It's a bit unfair including the movies as an option. They are a different thing altogether. My fave is and always has been Wrath of Khan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Next Generation, the wonderful Patrick Stewart gave a much deeper and rounded performance as Jean Luc Picard than William Shatner in the original series.

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12
Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Better looking than 'Bones' McCoy.

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Fond as I am of the original, Next Generation far exceeded it on almost every front for a good chunk of its 7 season run.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

0 likes
The Next Generation. Not every episode was great, but I have watched most of them more than once. The first encounter with the Borg in the Q Who? episode was when the show (to me) started to find the right formula.
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by gffphann
The Next Generation. Not every episode was great, but I have watched most of them more than once. The first encounter with the Borg in the Q Who? episode was when the show (to me) started to find the right formula.

Yep, that sounds about right. Took about two seasons to find its stride, but seasons 3-5 were simply some of the best s-f on television ever. 6-7 slacked off a bit but still better than 1-2 or season 3 of the original.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by DenimAngel
It was hard to pick a favorite but I'm go with Star Trek Voyager... Some espiodes werent great but it was fun to watch the characters develop over time.
I've watched tons of Star Trek series and the movies..

I never got into Voyager. Watched a bit of the first season and it just did not click with me. I should give it another whirl now that Netflix has it. I did like Captain Janeway (I liked Kate Mulgrew in general, really).

0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
Quote by DenimAngel
It was hard to pick a favorite but I'm go with Star Trek Voyager... Some espiodes werent great but it was fun to watch the characters develop over time.
I've watched tons of Star Trek series and the movies..

I never got into Voyager. Watched a bit of the first season and it just did not click with me. I should give it another whirl now that Netflix has it. I did like Captain Janeway (I liked Kate Mulgrew in general, really).

You should definitely check it out. Like The Next Generation, it got better, especially in the later years. A favorite episode of mine was about a fast evolving planet that Voyager was trapped in orbit with. To me, this episode was every bit as good as the best ones of The Next Generation.