Find your next favourite story now
Login

Who is your favourite author at the moment?

last reply
46 replies
21.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Administration
0 likes
I go through phases, but can't get enough of Haruki Marakami lately. Kafka on the shore was an incredible read, I highly recommend it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not reading a lot at the moment, but when I do I enjoy reading authors of series. It always seems a shame to get to the end of a story and know there's no more; I like contininuing on to the next one.

They've all gotta end sometime though!
Administration
0 likes
Very true.

I'm reading another of Murakami's books now, "After Dark". One sitting and I'm half way through. He's so easy to read.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've not been that active as a reader, so I don't have that many to choose from. But, I just finished two books by Kazuo Ishiguro: "Never Let Me Go" and "When We Were Orphans". Both are amazing, not what I expected, and have me still thinking of them, and both got me to thinking about writing a little differently.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nicholas Sparks does it for me everytime!
Lurker
0 likes
Jim Butcher, Robin Hobb, Jack McDevitt, George R.R. Martin, C.J. Cherryh: They always deliver the goods for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Right now, I'm addicted to the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard and the show that's based on the books. I know it's written for teens, but there's something about all of the mystery and intrigue into the mind of a person that's torturing the main girls from the grave that's exciting.

www.szadventures.com

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
While I read a lot, the last novel to turn my crank was Jonathan Frazen's, Freedom. Highly recommended. Series-wise, Terry Pratchett's Discworld series always improves my mood.

:eyeglasses8:

I thought for sure you were going to say DirtyMartini...who let you on this site anyway?

Btw, your eyeglass smiley isn't working here...but, I'll look into that for you...I'm a moderator over here, so I have the power...

And no jokes about me being in a position of authority...I think I've heard them all in the last week...jeez, give a poor guy a break...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Neil Gaiman ooooooooooooh awesomeness. Anyone read American Gods?
Story Moderator
0 likes
Dm, the smilie snafu was all my doing, as usual. I seem determind to use "eyeglassed" instead of just "glasses". Guess it reflects my running a honky-tonk in another incarnation. smile

CB, I haven't read any of his stuff but ny number one daughter is a big fan so it may be time for me to give him a try.

Administration
0 likes
I go through phases, depending on my mood. I'd have to say that Jake Malden is my fave writer at the moment (for a while now really), not been reading much of anything lately though.

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
While I read a lot, the last novel to turn my crank was Jonathan Frazen's, Freedom. Highly recommended. Series-wise, Terry Pratchett's Discworld series always improves my mood.

:eyeglasses8:

I thought for sure you were going to say DirtyMartini...who let you on this site anyway?

Btw, your eyeglass smiley isn't working here...but, I'll look into that for you...I'm a moderator over here, so I have the power...

And no jokes about me being in a position of authority...I think I've heard them all in the last week...jeez, give a poor guy a break...

ha ha ha, that's funny LOL Al
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am reading HOW TO FORGET by Marius Brill and I love it. he is very clever. try it
Love colours our worlds in endless dimensions and unifies all aspects of our activities. Just as sunlight filters through clouds and causes the grasses to turn gold so everything is interlinked in our world.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love the Eve Dallas series by J.D. Robb
We don't know how much we don't know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm loving Jasper Fforde...I'm on book 5 in his Thursday series and have just began a new one in a spin off of it. He's extremely funny.
New Poem out

The Observer
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Po Bronson - What Should I Do With My Life?
Right now I'm reading Nurture Shock which he co-wrote with Ashley Merryman
Administration
0 likes
Quote by VanessaFinaughty
Am I allowed to say me?

Absolutely! ;)

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Am I allowed to say me?

Damn, I'm really disappointed now...I thought for sure you were going to say me...

Who told you about Stories Space anyway???
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Am I allowed to say me?

Damn, I'm really disappointed now...I thought for sure you were going to say me...

Who told you about Stories Space anyway???

Well, I might change it to you, depending on what my beta readers for Orion's Harvest say when they give me feedback after reading. I sent it out last night, so I'm busy chewing my fingers to stumps stressing right now. I do this every time I send a book out for the first time! At the moment, though, it's still me silly
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you - Ray Bradbury.

Find me on Smashwords: www.smashwords.com/profile/view/VanessaFinaughty
Hire me as your editor: www.write-way-freelancers.com
Lurker
0 likes
At the moment for me it would have to be Cormac McCarthy. The Road and Old country where great books. But i love his older novels, and more so than anything i love his discription for the landscape which he surrounds himself and characters with. Reading the Boarder Trilogy at the moment and wow.
Also abit of an obvious one, Stephen King i mean, how can you not love his works, old and new.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by PrivateRickmers
My favorite is Edgar Allan Poe.

Seconded. Poe's use of the English language was matched only by the Bard himself.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
John D. MacDonald.. I grew up on the Travis McGee series..
Lurker
0 likes
George R. R. Martin. I finally got around to reading the Game of Thrones books. Well, the first two anyway. The rest will just have to wait until after exams.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by adele
I love the Eve Dallas series by J.D. Robb

You and me both, I have decided to work my way through them from the start and I am now on book 15, just wish I could find someone like Roarke
Lurker
0 likes
MMMMM.... at the moment.... Bret Burquest... He rocks! Everyone should read his novel Dogman of Topanga and his collection of articles and blogs called Orb of Wounded Souls.