A Message to Authors

last reply
10 replies
25.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We have a rule of one story per author per day, so if you're bringing a collection of stories to storiesspace (which is wonderful and please keep posting them!) only one story will appear on site each day. This is to make it fair for all authors and give everyone's stories equal time on the front page.

Edit: To maintain proper sequencing of a series, stories MUST be submitted in the correct order.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I understand the reasoning behind your rule!
Love colours our worlds in endless dimensions and unifies all aspects of our activities. Just as sunlight filters through clouds and causes the grasses to turn gold so everything is interlinked in our world.
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by courage2bfree
I understand the reasoning behind your rule!

Yeah, and if you've ever seen a site that doesn't have this rule...and you've seen ten stories in a row by the same author, you'd really appreciate it...it really works out better for the author to not have their stories all appear at once...

Just want to reiterate here...I think Lisa mentioned it somewhere in the forum before, but...if you submit multiple stories at once, there is no guarantee that they will appear on the front page in the order that you submit them...

So...if you want your stories to appear in a certain order, you're best to submit them one day at a time...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Just want to reiterate here...I think Lisa mentioned it somewhere in the forum before, but...if you submit multiple stories at once, there is no guarantee that they will appear on the front page in the order that you submit them...

So...if you want your stories to appear in a certain order, you're best to submit them one day at a time...

Listen to you, sounding all mod-like and such. See, I told you you'd do great. =d>
Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal

Listen to you, sounding all mod-like and such. See, I told you you'd do great. =d>

And they said it couldn't be done, those naysayers of little faith...

See what happens when you give somebody a badge? They just become a whole new person...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
NOOOO, I like you just the way you were!!!!
We don't know how much we don't know.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Awesome avatar. My motto and signature for my writings is Where eagles fly. See why I'm attracted to the pages. Some folks can read this fast too, leaving me in the dust. And my typing isn't much better. Oh, and I wanted to be a writer? LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you for the easy-to-understand guidelines. I'll try to keep behind them. Bri.
Lurker
0 likes
ohhhh sorry

just saw this

very fair

hugs

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
My motto and signature for my writings is Where eagles fly [url=].[/url]
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Alrighty - that's perfectly sensible, and all well and good.

So much for the maximums. But how bout those of us who're likely to write maaaaybe a story a month, in a good month, when we're not too busy, when we remember... That kinda thing isn't frowned upon, is it?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes

So much for the maximums. But how bout those of us who're likely to write maaaaybe a story a month, in a good month, when we're not too busy, when we remember... That kinda thing isn't frowned upon, is it?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LousyNick

No, not at all.

I may write a story a month or maybe two. I recently went almost three months without a story.

Write what you like and when you like to. This is not a business, there are no quotas.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle
Quote by LousyNick

No, not at all.

I may write a story a month or maybe two. I recently went almost three months without a story.

Write what you like and when you like to. This is not a business, there are no quotas.

I would be screwed if there was a quota, oh my gosh so many uncompleted stories I have!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Rebellious_Soul
Quote by rolandlytle
Quote by LousyNick

No, not at all.

I would be screwed if there was a quota, oh my gosh so many uncompleted stories I have!

I have a shed load of stuff to contribute....

Guess I'll be hanging around for a while yet
Lurker
0 likes
This is perfect, no other site I've been to cares enough to make it fair. Thank you,
0 likes
That's a very good idea and I really like the way you have it set up