Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Gav Options · View
Blue
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 2:34:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/21/2012
Posts: 772
Location: Canada
This has been sent to Gav and added to his list to look into.
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 2:35:17 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
Blue wrote:
This has been sent to Gav and added to his list to look into.


I would advise him to not bother wasting his time...
gav
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 11:16:11 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith
Moderator

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 59
Location: NSW
the_enchantress wrote:

don't be sorry.

But I'm not the only one who doesn't want a full site block. I can see what others are saying and they can see what I'm saying. I could say more but I'm not going to.
I will email you with my thoughts, if I want to tell you more.

If I have people, blocked, it'd be nice if they couldn't see my profile or forum posts, whatever. Access should be denied. Blurred, blocked out.


Some elements of your activity are inherently public. For example everyone (including non members) can view all of your forums posts. There's no point enforcing a block to a member for these as they could simply logoff to read them.

If you can think of any areas that we could extend the block feature that doesn’t involve publically visible content then please let me know.

Hope this helps, gav



Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 11:39:22 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 5,964
Location: In the Void, United States
Um, suggestion. Couldn't you just set it up that only friends can see what you post. Much like for profiles can have only friends veiw important information, and picture albums you have set it to friends only. So not only can people not be able to see it when you log off but it is totally private that way.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 11:52:28 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
gav wrote:
the_enchantress wrote:

don't be sorry.

But I'm not the only one who doesn't want a full site block. I can see what others are saying and they can see what I'm saying. I could say more but I'm not going to.
I will email you with my thoughts, if I want to tell you more.

If I have people, blocked, it'd be nice if they couldn't see my profile or forum posts, whatever. Access should be denied. Blurred, blocked out.


Some elements of your activity are inherently public. For example everyone (including non members) can view all of your forums posts. There's no point enforcing a block to a member for these as they could simply logoff to read them.

If you can think of any areas that we could extend the block feature that doesn’t involve publically visible content then please let me know.

Hope this helps, gav





Thank you Gav, as always. flower



Have a great day!
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:47:58 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
Hi Gav. Is it possible to have some stories that only show to members, if they are signed in? Thanks for looking.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:56:15 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
Can we get the option of hiding all of our stories with one click? Like the other site? Thanks! flower
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:07:48 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 2,698
Location: In the shadows again.., United States
I know this has probably been brought up before, but a recent occurrence has made me think about it again.. Comments and Ratings of our work product..

Gav..

is there any way to make it mandatory to leave a comment for all 3-2-1 ratings? We all know 3-2-1 scores without comments are revenge ratings and this would be a way to stop a lot of that nonsense. Also, is it possible in addition to that or even as an alternative if necessary, to allow the author to request that a revenge rating be removed? By example, if an author's work has twelve 5 ratings and a solitary 3-2-1, they could have the lesser score removed. This way it would maintain the purity of the process as well as let the sniper know it won't do any good to try and dilute an author's true score because it will be removed anyway. Obviously, if there is more than one 3-2-1 rating, all bets are off.

Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2016 11:40:44 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 5,964
Location: In the Void, United States
Dreamcatcher wrote:
I know this has probably been brought up before, but a recent occurrence has made me think about it again.. Comments and Ratings of our work product..

Gav..

is there any way to make it mandatory to leave a comment for all 3-2-1 ratings? We all know 3-2-1 scores without comments are revenge ratings and this would be a way to stop a lot of that nonsense. Also, is it possible in addition to that or even as an alternative if necessary, to allow the author to request that a revenge rating be removed? By example, if an author's work has twelve 5 ratings and a solitary 3-2-1, they could have the lesser score removed. This way it would maintain the purity of the process as well as let the sniper know it won't do any good to try and dilute an author's true score because it will be removed anyway. Obviously, if there is more than one 3-2-1 rating, all bets are off.


I been wondering that too. I have to report so many of my stories that has these low scores (thanks for the reminder) I mean I have it set that comments are mandatory. And I know people hate commenting when they feel forced to but it drives me insane when I get a 3 or below and they don't say anything as to why I recieved such a low rating.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2016 10:28:30 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 5,964
Location: In the Void, United States
I don't know if this is a glitch or technical error in my phone, but this whole evening I haven't been receiving any instant messages from anyone, and when I went to check if my messages we're even being sent turns out They have been replying to mine but also made comment that they weren't receiving my messages either.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
LarryFNigh
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 11:16:18 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 2,597
I have another issue with the site today, Gav. I have noticed there is a large blank space at the start of each story. If one has put an illustration on the story the blank space follows that picture. It precedes the story title and text. It doesn't appear to affect the display of works on the main page. One simply see the blankness if one clicks on the story to read it.

Update: I checked the other site and the same phenomena is occurring there. Perhaps it serves a function. Doesn't seem to be a major problem. Just seems to be an anomaly that you should be aware of.

Second update: I see Gav has addressed this little problem on the other site. So he is aware of it. Thanks, Gav.

gav
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 3:41:49 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith
Moderator

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 59
Location: NSW
LarryFNigh wrote:
I have another issue with the site today, Gav. I have noticed there is a large blank space at the start of each story. If one has put an illustration on the story the blank space follows that picture. It precedes the story title and text. It doesn't appear to affect the display of works on the main page. One simply see the blankness if one clicks on the story to read it.

Update: I checked the other site and the same phenomena is occurring there. Perhaps it serves a function. Doesn't seem to be a major problem. Just seems to be an anomaly that you should be aware of.

Second update: I see Gav has addressed this little problem on the other site. So he is aware of it. Thanks, Gav.


This should be fixed now.
gav
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 3:42:19 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith
Moderator

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 59
Location: NSW
innocent_angel wrote:
Can we get the option of hiding all of our stories with one click? Like the other site? Thanks! flower


You should have this power now naka
HazelsHeaven
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 5:12:25 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 1/3/2016
Posts: 89
Location: Philippines
Rebellious_Soul wrote:
I don't know if this is a glitch or technical error in my phone, but this whole evening I haven't been receiving any instant messages from anyone, and when I went to check if my messages we're even being sent turns out They have been replying to mine but also made comment that they weren't receiving my messages either.


This happened (and I think still happening) to me too. Thought it was just me and my crappy net. Hope this can be fixed soon.

LIVE every moment.
LOVE beyond words.
LAUGH everyday.
gav
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 5:39:35 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith
Moderator

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 59
Location: NSW
HazelsHeaven wrote:
Rebellious_Soul wrote:
I don't know if this is a glitch or technical error in my phone, but this whole evening I haven't been receiving any instant messages from anyone, and when I went to check if my messages we're even being sent turns out They have been replying to mine but also made comment that they weren't receiving my messages either.


This happened (and I think still happening) to me too. Thought it was just me and my crappy net. Hope this can be fixed soon.


Ok this should be working again now. You might need to logoff or at least refresh you page.
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 7:47:10 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 5,964
Location: In the Void, United States
Go Gav!

hello1 hello1 hello1

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
HazelsHeaven
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2016 12:22:27 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 1/3/2016
Posts: 89
Location: Philippines
All fixed. Thanks! :)

LIVE every moment.
LOVE beyond words.
LAUGH everyday.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2016 5:05:15 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
gav wrote:
innocent_angel wrote:
Can we get the option of hiding all of our stories with one click? Like the other site? Thanks! flower


You should have this power now naka


Thank you so much, Gav! flower hello1
Guest
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 9:47:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
If gold was offered here for a lower price, I'd get it over here too.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:35:34 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
Do you do double checks for anyone who has more than one account? I've seen it at the other site.

I think people caught with more than one account should be permanently banned. The rest of us play by the rules.
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:54:42 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 2,698
Location: In the shadows again.., United States
Hi Gav.. can you fix it so that when I sign into SS, all my stories have been rated 5, someone pours me a glass of wine and rubs my feet? Thanks..

Entangled_Fate
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:34:54 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/10/2013
Posts: 2,149
Location: †on тнe darĸ ѕιde oғ нeaven†, United States
Dreamcatcher wrote:
Hi Gav.. can you fix it so that when I sign into SS, all my stories have been rated 5, someone pours me a glass of wine and rubs my feet? Thanks..


angry7 evil4

Entangled_Fate
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 8:10:26 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/10/2013
Posts: 2,149
Location: †on тнe darĸ ѕιde oғ нeaven†, United States
Is the more button suppose to work or is it there on accident?


LarryFNigh
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:36:01 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 2,597
Hi Gav. I just noticed our newest member here, Tarasmith, is a floor polishing service in Melbourne. I could swear I've seen the same advertisement on another recent member's profile. Should we report these people to you, to the admins here, or just ignore them?

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:11:38 PM

Rank: Administration
Moderator

Joined: 10/12/2010
Posts: 1,969
Location: On the ragged edge of disaster, United States
LarryFNigh wrote:
Hi Gav. I just noticed our newest member here, Tarasmith, is a floor polishing service in Melbourne. I could swear I've seen the same advertisement on another recent member's profile. Should we report these people to you, to the admins here, or just ignore them?


Thanks, Larry. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please continue to let us know about inappropriate or questionable profiles by using the Report Profile option (in the upper left corner when you're on the profile page).

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
LarryFNigh
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:16:31 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/21/2012
Posts: 2,597
magnificent1rascal wrote:
LarryFNigh wrote:
Hi Gav. I just noticed our newest member here, Tarasmith, is a floor polishing service in Melbourne. I could swear I've seen the same advertisement on another recent member's profile. Should we report these people to you, to the admins here, or just ignore them?


Thanks, Larry. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please continue to let us know about inappropriate or questionable profiles by using the Report Profile option (in the upper left corner when you're on the profile page).


Thanks for pointing that out, Maggie. I'm sure I've seen it in the past but never thought about what it was for.

Guest
Posted: Friday, April 7, 2017 8:45:06 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
I hid my stories but the latest one is still showing. dontknow

I manually deleted it in the mean time.
Guest
Posted: Monday, May 8, 2017 9:58:05 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
So we should report all businesses? flower
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 10:16:21 AM

Rank: Administration
Moderator

Joined: 10/12/2010
Posts: 1,969
Location: On the ragged edge of disaster, United States
starchild wrote:
So we should report all businesses? flower


Yes, please do. Virtually all "business" profiles are spam. People who want to read and write stories and poems join as individuals, not businesses. Lwinking

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:41:25 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 20,669
magnificent1rascal wrote:
starchild wrote:
So we should report all businesses? flower


Yes, please do. Virtually all "business" profiles are spam. People who want to read and write stories and poems join as individuals, not businesses. Lwinking


great-thanks Maggie. I wasn't sure if anyone or any entity could join. flower
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.